Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Conc3pt

Reaction score
Dice-K doesn't throw the gyroball lol. When he was first hyped to come to America, some dumbass reporter mistook his changeup as a gyroball. That changeup he threw ended up acting like a screwball and had a similar break to the gyroball. When Dice-K finally arrived in America, reporters asked him about it and he just laughed it off and said he does not throw it.

PeepShow

:happybday:

ESPN said:
One of the biggest names bandied about as Thursday's trade deadline approaches has found a new home.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark on Tuesday that Atlanta Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira is headed to the Los Angeles Angels for Casey Kotchman and minor league pitcher Steven Marek.

Kotchman was pulled off the field during pregame warmups at Fenway Park on Tuesday afternoon, further fueling speculation that a deal was in place.

Teixeira was traded to the Braves from the Texas Rangers in a deadline deal last season, but he is in the last year of his contract. With Atlanta falling out of contention, it seemed logical that the team would try to move him.

The switch-hitting Teixeira is batting .283 with 20 home runs and 78 RBIs this season.

Kotchman, who is known as much for his defense at first base as his bat, is batting .287 with 12 homers and 54 RBIs for the first-place Angels.

ESPN - Braves deal Teixeira to Angels for Kotchman, minor leaguer - MLB

LMAO.gif
@ how bad the Braves got raped in this.

Soulpower

^^^Not really. Teixeira is a Free Agent at the end of the season. The way things were going, the Braves were still going to lose Mark. Its better for them to get a couple of guys (Even if under trade value) than not getting anything at all.

As of now, Anaheim looks like the favorite to win it all.. But they have a tendency to choke in the postseason, so we'll see what happens.

Soulpower

So in other words, they DID get raped, free agent to be or not.

Lol, no. Its better to get less than fair value, than getting NOTHING at all. By the way, Kotchman is hitting close to 290 with 12 homers and 54 RBI's. They're on-base and Slugging percentages aren't all that different, either. Casey's also 3 years younger than Mark.. Kotchman is also cheaper. Mark is making 12 and half million this season, Casey is making 1 and a half million. That's a nice chunk of change for the ATL.

Also, Marek was one of Anaheim's top three pitching prospects. Again, Atlanta made the right move in this deal.

Enigma22

Reaction score
to peepshow: ya but the braves arent really contending this year. they will have Kotchman for a few years instead of losing Teixeira after this year anyways. Kotchman is pretty good too. i got him on my fantasy team lol...

and sp Marek was not one of their top prospects. they told atlanta they werent gonna trade a top prospect and kotchman...

Travis40

God...it sucks to be a Rangers fan now...one of our biggest players is now on our biggest rival...:nonono:

Anyways...thank god Kotchman isn't on the Angels anymore...he's one of the best 1st basemen in the league.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
speaking of the angels, did you guys see that game tonight that john lackey almost pitched a no hitter?? it was crazy and he went on until the 9th inning when the red sox scored 2 runs. angels won 6 - 2

and the rays win 3 - 0 against the jays :)

PeepShow

God...it sucks to be a Rangers fan now...one of our biggest players is now on our biggest rival...:nonono:

Anyways...thank god Kotchman isn't on the Angels anymore...he's one of the best 1st basemen in the league.

You do realize who Teixiera is right? I mean he played on your team for crying out loud and should have been the AL MVP a couple years.

Travis40

Yeah, but Tex has kinda died down since he went to the Braves. I kinda hope the Rangers decide to trade Bradley or Murphy or some minor leaguers (Teagarden, Cruz) for Teixiera.

Enigma22

Reaction score
there is no point in the rangers trading for him as they are not contending.

Travis40

The Rangers still have a big chance to win the Wildcard...they keep taking 2 out of 3 from almost everyone they play...sucks they're stuck behind the Angels...if they were in the NL West, the Rangers would fucking kick ass.

Mark my words, with people like Taylor Teagarden, Nelson Cruz, and tons of other Minor Leaugers, the Rangers are going to be big in the next couple of years, this is Step 1 in a huge process to turn the Rangers around and I think that Hamilton will stay w/ the Rangers, so in the outfield you'll have Boggs, Murphy, Hamilton, Catalanatto, and Bradley, in the infield they have Kinsler, Young, Blalock, and Davis. They have tons of minor leaguers to come in and pitch...they're gonna be huge.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
The New York Yankees picked up Tigers catcher Ivan Rodriguez on Wednesday, dealing reliever Kyle Farnsworth to Detroit for the 14-time All Star.

Ivan Rodriguez will almost certainly replace Jorge Posada who was lost for the year after suffering a shoulder injury.

The 1999 AL MVP was hitting .295 with 5 HRs and 32 RBIs for the Tigers this year. He was in the final year of his contract and opted to waive his no-trade clause to don the pinstripes.
wtf thats messed up...
it came out of nowhere!!
now the yankees are gonna be good :(

and manny ramirez is thinking about going to the marlins...
that might be interesting but weird

Travis40

He used to be my all time favorite player until 2004...IDK what happened. I had a man crush on Pudge when he was w/ the Rangers and Marlins...IDK why they traded him to the Tigers....now I just plain hate Pudge...since I hate the Yankees...just like I hate A Rod :yes:

I'm praying that somehow the Rangers don't make a stupid deal at the deadline like they do every year (Tex for Saltalamacchia, Hurley, and a copule others) (Lofton for...) (Gagne for Murphy...that actually works though)

So...hopefully the Rangers can keep everyone without making a stupid deal.

Hopefully Manny goes to the Marlins :yes: Marlins vs. Rays in WS this year :rofl: