Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol i hate the white sox but i love hearing ozzie say shit like that...

Travis40

I went to a Sox/Rangers game a couple weeks ago, and Ozzie got into it w/ the fans, the ump, CJ Wilson (Rangers closer) he was just pissed off that night. It's pretty entertaining to watch...

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol eric wedge (indians manager) used to get ejected like every other day and i loved it but now he doesnt do shit... so did charlie manuel when we had him...

Soulpower

ATLANTA (AP) - Skip Caray, a voice of the Atlanta Braves for 33 years and part of a family line of baseball broadcasters that included Hall of Famer Harry Caray, died in his sleep at home on Sunday, the team said. He was 68.

The cause of death was not immediately known, but various health problems had limited Caray to calling only Braves home games this season.

"We've all lost a very good friend," Braves manager Bobby Cox said. "For me, he was a good buddy — at the park and away from the park. We always had a lot of great laughs. He will be very sorely missed."

Caray was drawn into broadcasting by his father, Harry, the longtime voice of the Chicago Cubs and a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

One of the more underrated announcers in baseball history. He did pretty much every game for the Braves for as long as I can remember :(

MikeRaw

^Ya, I agree. Their starters would be awful thing without him. Wang is already out, Pettitte was horrible last game, and now with Joba Chamberlain out, if he is, that's just bad.
Next year I can see them having an awesome starting group though...

Pettitte
Wang
Chamberlin
Sabathia (they WILL sign him)
Hughes or Kennedy

That would be one of the best starting lineups out there. But ya, the Yankees fans better hope Chamberlain isn't hurt.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think Mussina has another year in him too. He's earning his money this year by being so great. I'm hoping Hughes comes back soon, and Carl Pavano too (ouch).

and for next year, Sabbathia could be a maybe, he sounds like he's doing good in the NL, but I hope the yanks wave some money at him.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
^Ya, I agree. Their starters would be awful thing without him. Wang is already out, Pettitte was horrible last game, and now with Joba out, if he is, that's just bad.
Next year I can see them having an awesome starting group though...

Pettitte
Wang
Chamberlin
Sabathia (they WILL sign him)
Hughes or Kennedy

That would be one of the best starting lineups out there. But ya, I hope he isn't hurt, or this season will get worse.
What are you talking about? Sabathia is not going to any team for a long time. He just got traded to the Brewers like 3 weeks ago, and hes doing good in the NL...
I can't see why he would go to the Yankees so soon...

Travis40

The Brewers can't afford to keep Sabathia...the crowd in Arlington almost fucking killed A Rod. Pudge got a good pop lol

Bases were loaded in 9th with 2 outs and Marlon Byrd hit a walk off grand slam to beat the Yankees! Everyone just fucking freaked out! It seemed that there were TONS of Yankee fans...we tried to start a "Yankees Suck" chant, but security said that "that's not nice"....so we did it anyways :rofl:

Giambi struck out, so I yelled "THAT'S AS FAR AS YOU CAN HIT IT WITHOUT THE ROIDS GIAMBI" and everyone just died laughing.

MikeRaw

What are you talking about? Sabathia is not going to any team for a long time. He just got traded to the Brewers like 3 weeks ago, and hes doing good in the NL...
I can't see why he would go to the Yankees so soon...

NO, what are YOU talking about?
He didn't choose to get traded there, his team traded him. Apparently he doesn't want to return to Milwaukee next year, and he is a free agent, so it makes sense that the Yanks would try to sign him... He seems like a guy who would like to go to New York too...

I think Mussina has another year in him too. He's earning his money this year by being so great. I'm hoping Hughes comes back soon, and Carl Pavano too (ouch).

and for next year, Sabbathia could be a maybe, he sounds like he's doing good in the NL, but I hope the yanks wave some money at him.

Ya, but I think either Pettitte or Mussina will resign, and I would prefer Pettitte, for obvious reasons (age, better IMO)...

But ya, as for next year Yankees, they could be pretty damn good. Like I said, if they sign Sabathia, they could have a top notch piching staff of Pettitte, Sabathia, Wang, Chamberlin and Hughes. And a solid bullpen. And then I would throw money at Texiecra, as he's also a free agent, and wants to play in a good market and good team.
I'd let Abreu go, along with Giambi and Pudge, and get this lineup...

Posada

Pettitte/Wang/Chamberlin/Sabathia/Hughes/Kennedy

Texiera at first
Cano and Betemit at Second
Jeter at SS
ARod at 3rd

Damon at LF
Cabrera at CF
Nady and Brett Gardner at RF

Hideki Matsui at DH.
That seems like a good lineup for them.

PeepShow

There is no way the Yanks are going to get both Sabathia and Teixiera. The more likely option would be Sabathia. Teixiera is going to resign with the Halos.

MikeRaw

^Well i think they could get both. Money would never be a problem, but if it was, like I said, Abreu probably wouldn't be back if Tex came, and Giambi as well. So they could definately afford it. And why wouldn't he want to go there? I know not everyone wants to, but again, I think he would want to.