Elimination Chamber Official Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread 02/19/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
This is an Internet forum for opinions. Sorry if our opinions are that WWE has been bad lately and you deem that 'bitching'

storyline wise they are certainly not doing a good job. They have 3 or 4 storylines going in total, and one of them was the corniest feud I've seen in wrestling in years (cena/Kane)

If you haven't seen my previous post I said I have no right to judge your opinion.

They aired what, 4-6 promos on The Rock Vs. John Cena last night alone?

Sheamus attacked Bryan after his match thus starting a feud between the two.

Chris Jericho has been telling how he is "The Best in the World at what he does" for some weeks and he was wrongfully eliminated during the match. Obviously that's going towards a Wrestlemania match.

Beth Phoenix has no challenge which would be a good way to start a feud with Kharma - They have a length of 6 weeks to start new feuds.

Still Money in the Bank - Participants will be chosen in the coming weeks.

Team Lauranitus Vs. Team Long
Read my thread about What we can expect.

The Undertaker Vs. Triple H started 2 weeks ago and they mentioned last night he would be on RAW tonight to call him out.

2008 Floyd Money Mayweather feud started at No Way Out aka Elimination Chamber, so tonight can be when we see Shaq Vs. Big Show feud.

So "Yes", I think they did a good job building up.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Just because they're doing what they do every year and build story-lines through RTWM, doesn't mean the story-lines are good. Jericho vignettes made everyone think major change could happen, what happened? He lost at RR, just about beat Kingston and lost at EC, and will use a "not legitimately lost" as an excuse to go for Punk. Great.

Cena vs Kane, no need to comment.

HHH vs Taker, no need here either.

Sheamus vs Bryan is okay.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You think shitty video packages are good build for the 'biggest Main event in WM history?' I sure don't

Jericho/Punk is obviously going to happen, but that doesn't mean the build has been good thus far, it's been severely lacking.

Obviously Taker/HHH is the only thing going on with a logical storyline behind it, and I could honestly give a fuck less about those two. I'm tired of WWE dusting off the last generation of stars every year to sell WM PPVs instead of making new stars. Fucking sick of it

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
@Crayo Jericho like's putting stars over, it doesn't matter whether he wins or loses, he will always be over. It could mean they are building up for a Kofi Push again. Also do you not remember Evan Bourne beat Jericho on a PPV?
If Jericho won the Rumble it wouldn't even get him over, but it was a huge favour for Sheamus because he is the future. Plus rumours are going around that Jericho is leaving the company agaian at the Summer so what good would it do?

John Cena Vs. Kane was nothing but just a filler for The Rock Vs. John Cena
Triple H Vs. The Undertaker is a Career Vs. Streak match and probably both men's final match so every fan should be looking forward to that.

Sheamus Vs. Bryan could be a good match if it's done right.

@Dolph'sZiggler I actually don't like them either which is why he did Survivor Series.
Dwayne is a busy man still. I can't blame him for that, he's making millions.
He's done everything and has nothing to prove. We all should be glad he's back considering he didn't have to but all his fans said come back. When he did they said go away, coincidence right?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Doesn't matter if Jericho likes putting people over, since when does Vince/HHH care what he thinks? The booking for a massively anticipated story-line (jericho/Punk) has been horrific and I'm surprised you disagree.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The thing you don't understand is that Jericho decides himself. (Except for the Rumble)
Jericho took out CM Punk on RAW and Punk took him out of the EC match.
But isn't the whole picture about the future? Jericho made Sheamus and Kofi look so good, so shouldn't we be happy?
Trust me, things will start picking up on the coming 6 weeks.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
If Jericho didn't return with such hype then no one would care. You still don't get it, do you not remember the 6 or 7 vignettes there were? Jericho/Punk could be revolutionary, instead we're stuck with another "I was wrongfully rid of my chance to be champion, omg I must have revenge on champion guy" story-line. Is the "she" even going to get revealed?

Jericho shouldn't of been in the Rumble, if he had to be, he should of eliminated himself. There's a difference between putting someone over and looking stupid, so far, Jericho looks Blue.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
If he eliminated himself out of the rumble how would Sheamus look good?
We probably won't see "she" because that's how WWE is.
Remember the Anonymous RAW General Manager?

Plus what about his second coming? He came back and lost to Orton. He put him over because he was the future and look at him now?
Sure WWE F'd up, but they are known for doing that alot.
The final weeks before Wrestlemania get good, so be patient.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
If Jericho didn't return with such hype then no one would care. You still don't get it, do you not remember the 6 or 7 vignettes there were? Jericho/Punk could be revolutionary, instead we're stuck with another "I was wrongfully rid of my chance to be champion, omg I must have revenge on champion guy" story-line. Is the "she" even going to get revealed?

Jericho shouldn't of been in the Rumble, if he had to be, he should of eliminated himself. There's a difference between putting someone over and looking stupid, so far, Jericho looks Blue.

My bet is the "she" is going to remain a mystery forever just like the reason behind Nexus helping Kane bury Undertaker in that match at Survivor Series I think.

Tombstone Piledriver

The Artiste
Reaction score
What a disappointment... I spent 9 hours downloading this and not browsing the internet because I feared I would see the results because of some useless PPV?? Why did Jericho lose?? Why did Cena win? Wtf..

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Jericho lost because of some lame reason and Cena won to look strong heading into Wrestlemania.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't join you guys here... I decided not to watch it live due to the obvious Rock-Cena promo overkill, it was very enjoyable hitting the fast-forward button when those come on.

Look at the build. There was two things that made this PPV interesting:
-The fact that EC matches were on the card.
-You guys on WWEforums.net predicting who would beat up on Santino and what other unpredictable stuff would happen.

That's right. An internet forum did a BETTER JOB of building your PPV than you did, WWE. As for the show itself, @[Dolph'sZiggler] put it right on the head. Screw this PPV, and screw WWE as a whole. I give up on this product. Dolph's, there's TNA Xplosion you can watch Monday night instead of Raw, and Ring Ka King instead of Smackdown on Friday. WWE is no longer the only way to get our wrestling fix, thank goodness. These guys are completely incompetent and no longer deserve any kind of support we offer them.

I'll write a quick review later on, and be back for Wrestlemania (promised a friend) and maybe Superstars coverage, where we can discuss the guys who haven't been ruined by WWE UnCreative (and Heath Slater). Until then, see you guys on the TNA page.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Where can one watch Xplosion and Ring Ka king?