Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Davey Richards w/ Jim Cornette Vs (c) Kevin Steen w/ Jimmy Jacobs and Steve Corino, Anything Goes For the ROH World TItle
Promotion: Ring Of Honor
Show: Best In The World 2012
Rating: 4.5
In Depth: Holy shit, everything clicked here. Kyle turning on Davey before the match rocked, Steen calling him his boyfriend lmao. This match just destroyed each other, Steen playing off his destroying the company by just wrecking shit, the match was fantastic, they beat the shit out of each other, Corino stole the match on commentary and you would think these guys hate each other irl with the shit they did in this match, I personally loved the frog splash onto the steel barriers on top of Richards and Richards kicking Steen with the chain, fantastic match with a sick promo after it.

Adam's Mystical Match Counteroonie: 13

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazuchika Okada vs Shuji Kondo & Suwama. All Japan and New Japan 40th anniverary show
Rating: 3.7
Comment: Fun match pitting two of All Japan's top guys at the time (Suwama being the face of All Japan) vs two of the top guys in New Japan. I'm familiar with Okada, Nakamura and Suwama but Kondo was more of an unknown for me. All 4 men delivered in this match but I felt like it would have been better with more story going into it.

Stop's spot counter: 21

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Openweight Title- (c) Kana vs Hanako Nakamori
Promotion: JWP
Rating: 4
Review: This was a very good joshi match from last October, really stiff,great submissions on display. A lot of the match was spent on the match and both done great counters. Believable near falls and a tense last few minutes. Well worked match.

Pop Tart match count:10

Reactions: Stopspot

Stopspot

Reaction score
Match: Openweight Title- (c) Kana vs Hanako Nakamori
Promotion: JWP
Rating: 4
Review: This was a very good joshi match from last October, really stiff,great submissions on display. A lot of the match was spent on the match and both done great counters. Believable near falls and a tense last few minutes. Well worked match.

Pop Tart match count:10
Kana :fap:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Hard Hit Rules match- Kota Ibushi vs Hikaru Sato
Promotion: DDT
Date: 07/20/08

This was down under a pancrase style rules so a ten count to get back up when on the floor, reaching the ropes to escape a hold costs you one of your escape points. Nice mat wrestling as you expect. Brutal strikes.

Pop Tart match count: 11

Reactions: Bort

Stopspot

Reaction score
RUSH vs El Terrible, CMLL 26/01/13
Rating: 2.9
Comment: First time watching both these guys. This was not what I expected of a lucha match since they worked a much more heavyweight style. Rush was supposed to be the face but he came off as a douchebag through most of the match. Screwy heel finish most likely sets up a rematch for me to watch at a later date.

Stop's spot counter: 22

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Match: Hard Hit Rules match- Kota Ibushi vs Hikaru Sato
Promotion: DDT
Date: 07/20/08

This was down under a pancrase style rules so a ten count to get back up when on the floor, reaching the ropes to escape a hold costs you one of your escape points. Nice mat wrestling as you expect. Brutal strikes.

Pop Tart match count: 11

My heart is at good, happy place right now. Someone from this forum did a write-up on a shoot style match. MARK OUT MOMENT!

Edit: Hard Hit is DDT's sister promotion, btw, it's funded by DDT and run by MiSu's protege and Pancrase fighter Hikaru Sato, currently working for All Japan as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pop Tatari

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: GHC Heavyweight Championship - Takeshi Morishima vs KENTA (c)
Promotion: NOAH
Date: 05/01/2014
Rating: 3.8
Review: This was a pretty good encounter from theses two. Morishima the bigger of the two men dominated KENTA for a while before KENTA got back into it. Some decent counters on display. Last five minutes were amazing and had me gripped as to which way it would go.

Pop Tart match count: 12

Stopspot

Reaction score
Ricochet vs Trent Barreta. Evolve 26
Rating: 3.9
Comment: Two high flyers who also knows how to mat wrestle, this was bound to be a good match from an in ring standpoint. Trent worked as the heel in this match up, which was part of his overlaying story arch this weekend ( a heel turn). This match went between being a more slowly worked mat match and a high pace high flying one. Ricochet won in the end, setting up a possible feud between Trent and Hero down the road.

Stop's spot count: 23

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: IWGP Tag Title Fatal 4 Way Match
Promotion: NJPW
Show: Wrestle Kingdom 8
Rating: 3.5
In Depth: Solid match, there was nothing brilliant. My first taste of a lot of guys in this match and I will say I liked them, Timesplitters stood out for me, they seem to flow well and are both talented individuals. There was some nice spots like the suplex to everyone, the dives, the superplex off the top, to the outside and onto everyone, it was a very nice solid opener, there could have been more and could have been longer but whatever.

Adam's Mysterious Match Counter: 14

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Bullet Club Vs Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith
Rating: 3
In Depth: Solid bout, a battle of the beats type thing, Anderson's uppercuts were horrific. Im tired.

Adam's Match Counter: 15

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: NWA Title Match
Rating: 2
In Depth: Meh, pretty boring match, it kinda dragged on. I liked the chops from Satoshi that was pretty sick but other than that and a few other things it was meh.

Adam's Match Counter: 16

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Fuego, Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. vs. Niebla Roja, OKUMURA & Vangelis
Promotion: NJPW/CMll
Event: Fantastica Mania 2014 Day 1
Review: Relativity short bout that showcased some decent tag and high flying moves but too short for anything special.

Pop Tart match: 13

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Great Muta & Toru Yano Vs Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
In Depth: Solid match, I enjoyed it. My first time seeing Toru and Suzuki, first time seeing Benjamin in years and first time seeing Muta in a while and its nice to see they can put on good matches still.

Adam's Match Counter Thing: 17

Stopspot

Reaction score
Caleb Konley vs Lince Dorado, Evolve 27
Rating: 3.4
Comment: This was the rematch from the night before at Evolve 26. Dorado got the win at Evolve 26 so Konley came out with something to prove, cutting a pre-match promo about how he wanted more than just taking whatever small spot was given to him and that this time he was going to take his own spots. This match wasn't as flashy as the one from the night before but it told a better story with Konley wanting to prove that he could beat Dorado. It was also a more physical bout. I like both guys in this match and I'm a Konley fan and I would like to see him take more space in the Gabe-verse.

Stop's spot count: 24