Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
I know haha, I was talking about how he said Okada was his fav indy rassler.
Didnt realise that. :willis:
Let's say fave wrestlers that arent signed by the WWE/TNA

Reactions: THG?

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Match Counter: 3

Match: Tanahashi vs Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Title

Promotion: NJPW

Show: NJPW Dominion 16/06/2012

Rating: ****

Review: Second encounter between both wrestlers. While the last 10 minutes where 5 star quality, I found too many similarities with the first match. I mean, same spots, Tanahashi hurting Okada’s knee/leg…Didn’t feel as great as the first match. The match became absolutely insane during the last 5-10 minutes. Tanahashi blocking the rainmaker, reversing a tombstone piledriver and finally putting Okada away with the 5 star frog splash. Tanahashi made history that night becoming the first guy to hold the IWGP title six times.

Okada would win Climax G1 to become the youngest wrestler to ever win it (Pinned Karl Anderson at the finals). The prize of the tournament was challenging the champion at the Tokyo Dome show in January 2013.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Their match from WK 7 might be the most exciting one. Watching it spoiler-free was incredible wrestling experience.

Reactions: Roi

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
IWGP Jr tag title match, Timesplitters vs Young bucks (c) vs Forever Hooligans vs Suzukigun
Rating: 3.5
Comment: Good opener to Wrestle Kingdom 8. Four talented teams consisting of both veterans and rookies. Great entrance from the Spliiters (big back to the future fan). Some comedy and hijinks at the start and then we went into that jr tag team pace. Every team got to shine and we got some pretty cool spots out of this. I enjoyed the match but I felt it was a bit on the short side.

Stop's spot count: 13

Stopspot

Reaction score
IWGP Tag team title match: K.E.S. vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows) Wrestle Kingdom 8
Comment: This was another good match out of the WK undercard. Both teams play their part of monster gaijin well. The pace was well set and despite being heels K.E.S. worked as okay faces in the scenario put forth. Nice to see the club going strong out of it and I don't think it's the last time we have seen these monsters go at it.

Stop's spot count: 14

Reactions: Roi

Stopspot

Reaction score
NWA championship match: Satoshi Kojima vs Rob Conway (c) Wrestle Kingdom 8
Rating: 3.9
Comment: I did not expect I would enjoy this match going in, but I ended up eating that statement. This was Conway's best match in New Japan yet and Kojima has stepped up his game since the G1 Climax, becoming NWJP's answer to the Goldust comeback. Great way of hyping up the match as well with Harley Race, THE NWA champion there to oversee the match. I enjoyed how this match was set up and seeing Kojima win it was a good moment. It's also a cool moment in history since Kojima has now held 3 of the major world titles, the IWGP Heavyweight belt, The AJPW Triple crown and the NWA world title. Biggest name to hold the NWA belt in a long time.

Stop's spot count: 15

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: TimeSplitters vs The Young Bucks vs SuzukiGun vs Forever Hooligans
Event: Wrestle Kingdom 8
Rating: 4/5
Comment: That Back to the Future Entrance by Shelly and KUSHIDA was epic. The Bucks started the match by super kicking the Hooligans while signing the Russian National Anthem, Which was pretty good. Anyway, NJPW showed off the best of the Super Jr. Tag Division here and they put in a brilliant performance. Nice Spots, some brilliant Tag team moves and Epic entrances make this match enjoyable.
Match Count: 2

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows) vs K.E.S (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Hoyt)
Rating: 3.5/5
Comment: Anderson and Gallows came out in military uniforms, Gallows carrying what looks like a rocket launcher, Anderson shouting “Were going to Fucking war!” Honestly, I love the Bullet Club at the moment. K.E.S came out on motorcycles….Yeah, NJPW does the best entrances. Overall, This was a good match and I’m pleased with the outcome.

Match Count: 3

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: Satoshi Kojima vs Rob Conway
Rating: 3/5
Comment: This is better then what I expected from a match that would include Conway but, To his credit, I think NJPW has helped him up his game and facing Kojima was also a great choice. Another great choice was having Harley Race Punch Bruce Thorpe and celebrate with Kojima.

Match Count: 4

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Willie Mack Vs Jay Lehal
Promotion: PWG
Show: All Star Weekend 9 Night 2
Rating: 2.7
In Depth: Eh, what to say about this one, high points and many lows, first off the suicide thing made sense and was executed well, I like quick starts, dont get me wrong I like something like Perkins Vs Del Sol where they pull of spotless and unique chain but seeing the same generic wrist locks, then Lethal starts with the slow strikes which just killed the crowd after they went crazy after the open, if you open quick keep it up and not just go to slow strikes asap, it was just getting more slow after that, picked up, then slowed again. That continued through most of the match, it was an okay match, nothing special. The backbreaker face crusher was sloppy as fuck then the multiple elbows were fine I guess.

Adam's Match Counter: 7

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: American Wolves vs Adrenaline Rush
Promotion: ROH
Event: Best In the World 2013
Review: This was a awesome match, and almost hard to keep up with due to the frantic pace. ACH was doing some amazing shit as always. His partner TD even had a good match. There was a great moment when ACH was on the top rope and Edwards was going for a superplex and TD came from behind and had him in the powerbomb position and Eddie countered into a hurricanrana but TD landed on his feet,Richards came in and Kicked TD and gave him a brainbuster and out of nowhere ACH does a splash on Davey as he had been on the turnbuckle all that time recovering. Crowd were very vocal in their love for this match.

Pop Tart match count: 7

Stopspot

Reaction score
Bushi & Ibushi vs Jushin Thunder Liger & El Desperado
New Japan 01-05-14
Comment: This is from the house show on the day after Wrestle Kingdom and it served as El Desperado's debut (at least under that gimmick, he was a young lion who they sent to Mexico for further training before). Fitting the teams of Liger and Desperado against Bushi and new Jr champ Ibushi. This was a good jr tag match, nothing breathtaking or out of this world. But good and it got the job done, which was establish the Ibushi vs Desperado program going forward. Despite teaming with seeming eternal babyface Liger, as soon as Ibushi got in the ring Desperado tagged in and it their dislike for one another (or Desperado for Ibushi more like it) was quickly established. After just this match I like Desperado. He's got a good look and a cool character to boot. Plus with his size he can also possibly if all things work out move up to heavyweight in the future. He works a vicious style despite being a junior. His finisher is brutal looking on poor Bushi. But he might need to look into an alternative one because it does look easy to mess up and break someones neck with.

Stop's spot count: 16

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Low Ki, KENTA, Ricky Marvin vs SUWA, Sugiura, Kanemaru
Promotion: NOAH
Date: 05/03/2005
Review: This was a lively and hard hitting six man tag contest. Both teams go for each other before the bell starts. KENTA and SUWA are both in the middle of the ring and KENTA is dissing out his usual stiff strikes. Couple of minutes later KENTA is irish whipped but slides out of the ring, meanwhile Ki and Marvin are on the opposite side as SUWA and Kanemaura turnaround and both get springboard dropkicked by Ki and Marvin respectively. KENTA runs back in the ring and vault presses off the ropes to the outside on Sugiura, while moments later Ki does a dive to the outside along with Marvin who does a asai moonsault on another side. There is a moment later on when KENTA goes nuts at how Marvin is being dominated and goes into the ring and beats the fuck out of Sugiura and starts jumping on him.

Pop Tart match count: 8