Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Non title- Katsuhiko Nakajima vs KENTA
Promotion:Noah
Date:27/10/2013
Rating:4
Review: This was a rematch of a title clash from earlier in the month which i have not seen. Both guys are known for their exceptional and stiff kicks, this is as hard hitting as all their previous encounters. There was some nice exchanges and there's great chemistry between the two. Good fast paced solid bout that was not overplayed with multiple finishers.
There was a nice moment when they were exchanging various strikes and KENTA absolutely owned Nakajima with a slap to the face. Nakajima was made to look strong against the GHC champ and the finish was really nicely done with Nakajima winning with a vicious kick to KENTA's head.

Match Count:3

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match : Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko
Promotion:NJPW
Rating: 4 1/4
Review: This was from the best of super jr event before Eddie became Black Tiger. This was just on the 10 minute mark and was just a exciting lighting quick clash from two truly outstanding technical masters. Some great counters such as Malenko coming off an Irish Whip to perform a Headscissors takedown. Eddie does a great springboard bodypress while on the outside apron which i thought he was going to do a Asai moonsault. Later on Malenko does a tiger driver on Guerrero. Brilliant match.

Match count: 4

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: Samoa Joe vs. Willie Mack
Promotion: Not sure, but somewhere in California since Rick Knox was the ref
Rating: 3.8/5
Comment: A really solid hard-hitting match, basically what you would expect from these two. Both guys got their shit in, and it made for a good bout. The ending was awesome, Willie kicked out of the Muscle Buster at 1, then Joe hit him with one of the most vicious lariats I have ever seen with Willie landing on his neck, giving Joe the win.
I Think that was Championship Wrestling From Hollywood.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Match : AJ Styles vs Bobby Roode(Turning Point 2011)
Promotion: TNA
Rating: 4
Review: This was a physical, near thirty minute, back and forth match between the two which took place early on in Roode's title reign. AJ gained the upper hand near the end when he hit the paylay kick and it seemed as if he was going to win, that is until he missed a suicide dive on Roode. He landed pretty hard and he actually seemed hurt, it allowed Roode to take advantage and hit his patented fisherman suplex w/ a bridge, but AJ kicked out at 2 1/2. AJ hit a wicked superman punch to gain control and went for the Styles Clash, but Roode was able to reverse it into a schoolboy roll up which he got the win with. All in all it was a pretty good match which showcased the heel in Roode at the end.
Match count: 1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sami Zayn vs Leo Kruger, 2 out of 3 falls, January 1st 2014 edition of NXT.
Rating: 3.9
Comment: This was a match I enjoyed. They told such a good story with the energetic Zayn getting an early fall and Kruger spending the rest of the match on the hunt, using every move in his vicious arsenal to try and down the Canadian. Not as good as Zayn vs Cesaro but both these guys work their characters so well and know how to put on quality matches. I really enjoyed this match and it was a nice cap off to the feud. Will be interesting to see what happens to Kruger now.

Stop's spot count: 10

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Match : Alex Shelley vs Roderick Strong vs Austin Aries vs Sonjay Dutt(BFG 2005)
Promotion: TNA
Rating: 4.5
Review: This was a very fast paced, and exciting match, one which is pretty hard to write about. All of them gave it their all, and there were a ton of sweet spots. In the end Sonjay prevailed with a diving reverse huricanrana.
Match count: 2

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: 4 way tag team title- Reno Scum(c) vs Londrick vs Suburban Commadoes vs RockNES Monsters
Promotion: Futurestarswrestling
Rating: 3.5
Review: This was under one fall to a finish, The match starts with Kendrick and Goodtime locking horns in a collar and elbow tie up, Kendrick gains advantage and has a answer for everything Goodtime does. Londrick dominate before RockNES get control, the other teams hot tag their way in. A few minutes later it escalates outside and is a bit of a clusterfuck. The match picks up when they get back in, with all teams hitting some impressive tag moves. A great moment in the match is when Yuma is going for a Sliced Bread on one of Reno Scum only to be caught by the other member and is crucifix powerbombed outside the ring to the other wrestlers. So a decent start in the match, middle a bit boring but the last few minutes was awesome as every team was pulling out all the stops to win in a frantic finish.
Match count: 5

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Nick Fahrenheit vs. Mercedes KV (Sasha Banks) vs. Brian Fury vs. Mikaze
Promotion: Beyond Wrestling
Rating: 3/5
Comment: My first time watching Beyond Wrestling, and I realized the crowd consists of the Beyond Wrestling wrestlers lol. Still, it was a very entertaining match. At the beginning, we had some comed with Testicles (Fahrenheit), Vagina (Mercedes), Balls Of Fury (Fury) and Asian Dick (Mikaze). Mercedes showed some good offence early on but got eliminated by Mikaze with a spinning kick to the head. Mikaze got eliminated next by Nick with a pretty nifty piledriver reversal. Ultimately, Fury got the win with a roll up that transitioned into a powerbomb which then transitioned to a Boston Crab.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Akebono vs Jun Akiyama, All Japan 09/11/13
Rating: 3
Comment: This was a very slow match as one would expect considering the age of both competitors and the size of 'bono. But it was a solidly worked match non the less. Akiyama knows how to wrestle very well and 'bono isn't exactly a slouch, not to mention the crowd really adore him. When Bono dominated he did so with power moves and Akiyama cut him off by slowing him down with submissions and locks. 'Bono went over and the crowd went home happy.

Go Shiozaki vs Kotaru Suzuki, All Japan 09/11/13
Comment: This was a fun match! Two guys who know one another both in and out of kayfabe. This was I believe when Shiozaki was just starting to get out of the BURNING stable and that was part of the build up in this match. This was a quick paced chess match, both men knowing each other so well and trying to outwrestle and out-think one another. Shiozaki got the win but both men proved to still be friends after.

Stop's spot count: 12

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: GHC jr title- Fenix vs Taiji Ishimori(c)
Promotion: Noah
Review: This was a pretty entertaining encounter from theses two. Fenix is from Mexico and has some impressive lucha skills. Ishimori also has that style in his arsenal. This match started off with some great mat/chain wrestling with some great lucha moves. There was a point in the match where Fenix gains control after ducking out the way and superkicks Ishimori to the outside. Fenix then does some amazing springboard spinning dive. The rotations of that dive were unbelievable. Some great near falls in the match and a really solid contest.
Pop Tart match count: 6

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Match: La Parka vs Kenzo vs Super Porky vs Escoria
Promotion: AAA
Rating: 2.6
Comments: This was a slow match due to Super Porky's work. He wasn't really doing anything, and it was just people chopping him mostly and Porky returning the chops. This was an elimination style fatal four way, and he was the first to go. Still, the rest of the match was slow and didn't really entertain me. The crowd though, was very solid and good.
Farooq's match count: 1

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
Match: The Young Bucks vs Forever Hooligans vs Suzuki Gun vs Time Splitters for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
Promotion: NJPW
Rating: 3.5
Review: This match was so damn entertaining, and a spot fest at that. They really played to the advantage of all of the tag teams that were in the match. It was also a tornado tag match which made the match a lot better. The only thing is, I thought that the match could have went a little longer. It was a good 8 minutes but I feel like they could have easily went 15. There was a bunch of outside dives, but the one spot that sticks out to me was Bucks double suplexing Shelley I believe onto all of the rest of the people in the match on the outside. There was also a spot where The Bucks and the Hooligans hit a suplex on the other 2 teams in a line in the ring, which was pretty sweet. The match ended with More Bang For Your Buck. Overall, a nice match.
Fullofit Match Counter: 1

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Match Counter: 2

Match: Tanahashi vs Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Title

Show: NJPW New Beginnings 12/02/2012

Rating: **** 1/2

Review: I’ve decided to watch and rate all 6 matches between Okada and Tanahashi. Okada is one of my 3 favorite indy wrestlers (O Reilly and Adam Cole). Let’s get to the match. First of all a lil bit of background..Okada just returned from his awful TNA run and Tanahashi was enjoying a 13 month reign that had included 11 title defenses. Who would give Okada a chance to win this match?

Dat Rainmaka theme dat rainmaka pose. The crowd started really into the match. Tanahashi was really really over. The match started with Tanahashi bringing Okada to the mat, trying to hurt that right left leg. Okada brought the fight outside the ring hitting a vicious piledriver next to where the people were seated. The last 5 minutes were just amazing. Just when Tanahashi looked like he had gain enough momentum to put Okada away, Okada turns things, always selling his “injured” left leg. Final sequence was cool and Okada finally hits the RainMaker to end Tanahashi reign. Huge match. Gotta love both men.

Reactions: Bort and THG?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match Counter: 2

Match: Tanahashi vs Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Title

Show: NJPW New Beginnings 12/02/2012

Rating: **** 1/2

Review: I’ve decided to watch and rate all 6 matches between Okada and Tanahashi. Okada is one of my 3 favorite indy wrestlers (O Reilly and Adam Cole). Let’s get to the match. First of all a lil bit of background..Okada just returned from his awful TNA run and Tanahashi was enjoying a 13 month reign that had included 11 title defenses. Who would give Okada a chance to win this match?

Dat Rainmaka theme dat rainmaka pose. The crowd started really into the match. Tanahashi was really really over. The match started with Tanahashi bringing Okada to the mat, trying to hurt that right left leg. Okada brought the fight outside the ring hitting a vicious piledriver next to where the people were seated. The last 5 minutes were just amazing. Just when Tanahashi looked like he had gain enough momentum to put Okada away, Okada turns things, always selling his “injured” left leg. Final sequence was cool and Okada finally hits the RainMaker to end Tanahashi reign. Huge match. Gotta love both men.
NJPW ain't indy tho.