Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
We should have some system where if you haven't done your matches for that day quite late into the day you get tagged in a post, some people will forget these things so its good to have a little reminder.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
We should have some system where if you haven't done your matches for that day quite late into the day you get tagged in a post, some people will forget these things so its good to have a little reminder.
I don't think there's a need to remind people who missed a day, since there isn't a mandatory set of matches to watch in a day, rather in a year.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I don't think there's a need to remind people who missed a day, since there isn't a mandatory set of matches to watch in a day, rather in a year.
Ah my bad, thought it was daily.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Young Bucks vs. Cutler Brothers
Promotion: PWG
Event: BOLA 2010
Comment: First time wathing The Cutlers and I was impressed. A generally very neat match with really cool spots all around. The two teams had some good chemistry working with eachother. The tombstone reversal ending was a bit messy, but still a sick one. The Cutlers got the win stealing a page out of The Bucks' playbook with the facebuster/tombstone
Rating: 4 stars

Match count: 1

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score

Match: Great Sasuke & Masaaki Mochizuki vs El Blazer & Katsuhiko Nakajima
Promotion: K-Office
Date: 21.05.2009
Rating: 4
In Depth: I really enjoyed this match there was a lot of of stiff kicks and great ariel moves. A very well worked affair with some nice counters and great exchanges. There was a great moment when Mochizuki and Nakajima were battling each other and Mochizuki done some sort of step up turnbuckle kick only for Nakajima to do the same afterwards. Both teams worked well with each to create some good tag moves. Just a great action packed match.

Pop Tarts Match Counter: 1

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: Team Single (Rampage Brown and T-Bone) vs Michael Elgin and Davey Richards.
Promotion: Preston City Wrestling
Event: PCW Final Fight 2013
Rating: 4/5

Comment: The match starts with a confrontation, Team single calling Brian Cage a Pussy, which Prompts Elgin to come out and proclaims he has big balls for coming out. He introduces Davey Richards as his Tag Partner. A Fun Confrontation especially when the announcer introduces Michael Elgin as “No Longer Unbreakable, He is ‘Big Balls’ Michael Elgin” and she Introduces Richards as ‘Bigger Balls’ Davey Richards. This match was good, Elgin picking Brown up for a suplex and stalling for a minute before slamming him down was amazing, Elgin delivering a Enziguri to Brown was….weird but great and When he picked both T-Bone and Brown up and Delivered a Samoan Drop to Brown and Threw Bone away was brilliant due to the fact that he did this to both at the same time. Richards was Impressive and Team Single were good for the underdog heels. Team Single won after T-Bone pinned Davey Richards Following Interference….Elgin hit his Finisher on Brown as well, even though Brown wasn’t the legal man. Elgin pick the mic up and states while they didn’t win the Tag Belts, They have Big Balls.

What I learned from this Match: Elgin and Davey have Huge Balls.
Match Count: 1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Swedish Wrestling South (SWS)’s Twin vs Twin event.

December 2013
Virus vs Manimal
Rating: 3
Comment: This was a fun opener. Virus is fairly new but a decent wrestler and Manimal is also decent (He’s actually Swedish wrestling’s biggest name Conny Mejsel under a mask but whatever). But this match wasn’t about the ring work, but about character work. This was a comedy bout with two moronic characters locked in a mental chessmatch, it involved tickling, baiting, miscommunication and ended in both characters hugging and going to the bar to get drunk. Their gimmicks being a living bacteria and being tortured into believing he is a pig by fetish Nazis respectively. Fun show opener meant to get the crowd going. Nothing more, nothing less.

El Styggelse (El Menace) vs Janne Walterz
Rating: 3
Comment: It was Walterz’ debut against another fairly new SWS product, Styggelse. More straight forward match than the earlier one, but they still got over Walterz’ character (70’s dance hall dancer). Decent enough match, nothing too great but I didn’t feel like I wanted my time back for watching it.

Stop's spot count: 9

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Open the dream gate title match:Yamato vs Mouchizuki(c)
Promotion: Dragons Gate
Date: 2011/05/05
Rating: 4.5
Review: The match starts off real slow with champion and challenger testing each other out. It evolves into some nice mat wrestling with Mouchizuki gaining advantage and working on Yamato arm with various holds like the Key lock and stiff kicks. The match really got going half way through. There was some high impact moves and some great counters such as Mouchizuki kicking out of a german suplex and going for a Kimura. Another nice counter occured with Yamato reversing a armbreaker into ankle lock on the ground. Last five minutes were explosive and there were some believable near falls.

Pop Tarts match counter: 2

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: AR Fox Vs Rich Swann
Promotion: DG USA
Show: Ultimate Gate 2012
Rating: 2.5
In Depth: Fox, oh Fox, I really dont like him. Started off okay Fox was very unnatural while doing the chain stuff at the start, he randomly hit a spinning brainbuster/suplex 2 minutes in really showing his lack of structure, Swann carried most of it to bring it so an okay match, Fox winning was dumb and I still dont understand why Fox is Evolve Champ.

Adam's Match Counter: 5

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Trent? vs. Rich Swann
Promotion: DGUSA
Show: Freedom Fight 2013
Rating: 4.3/5
Comment: Outstanding match here. It was my first match seeing Trent? do anything outside of PWG since his release, and he just keeps on getting better. Match started off with Swann and Trent? exchanging holds on the mat, quite high tempo. Then you had some really awesome spots like a dragon suplex on the apron. They did some spots like the destroyer and the top rope belly to belly which were done at PWG, but still great to see again. Swann's inverted 450 splash sealed the deal. Really enjoyable match.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: AR Fox vs. Yoshino
Promotion: DGUSA
Show: Bushido Code Of The Warrior 2011
Rating: 2.5/5
Comment: A little 10 minute match. Not bad by any means, but nothing really stood out for me in this match, and Fox was slightly green here. Nothing else to add.

THG?'s match count: 3

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: 3.0 and The Colony vs. FIST and Los Ice Creams
Show: National Pro Wrestling Day 2013
Rating: A generous 3/5
Comment: Quite an entertaining bout to watch. Some decent comedy spots during the match, and just a decent match in general, apart from Green Ant fucking up a flip to the outside, a bit too much of a clusterfuck for me however, which brings the rating a tad down.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Del Rio Vs Christian
Promotion: WWE
Show: Summerslam 2013
Rating: 4
In Depth: very good bout, there was real emotion with Christian wanting that one last shot and Del Rio wanting to be a Mexican Hero, they had the storytelling with the shoulder and overall these two men just clicked and made an awesome match.

Adam's Match Counter: 6

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Samoa Joe vs. Willie Mack
Promotion: Not sure, but somewhere in California since Rick Knox was the ref
Rating: 3.8/5
Comment: A really solid hard-hitting match, basically what you would expect from these two. Both guys got their shit in, and it made for a good bout. The ending was awesome, Willie kicked out of the Muscle Buster at 1, then Joe hit him with one of the most vicious lariats I have ever seen with Willie landing on his neck, giving Joe the win.