Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Bryan Danielson vs Takeshi Morishima Fight Without Honour
Promotion: ROH
Show: Final Battle 2008
Rating: 4.5
In Depth: Most brutal match I have seen, these guys just beat the shit out of each other. Good story behind it, Morishima is a massive fucker and that added to the match and I cant believe Bryan did a german suplex on him, awesome main event and capped off the whole show.

Adam's Match Counter: 19

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Finally watched a match :D

Devitt vs Ibushi from WK 8

I'll post a review later when I get a spare moment

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Drew Gulak vs. Colt Cabana (2 out of 3 falls)
Show: National Pro Wrestling Day 2014.
Rating: 3/5
Comment: I wasn't fully satisfied with this match, but it was a nice technical bout I suppose. This match mainly consisted of technical wrestling and roll-ups, with a few comedy spots there too. Colt Cabana brought the rating down a bit for me, he was a bit sloppy at times, but nonetheless, fun match. 1st fall went to Gulak after the Gu-Lock, fall number 2 went to Colt shortly after with the Billy Goat's Curse, and fall 3 went to Colt when he applied the Regal Stretch.

THG's? match? count?: 11.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Fighting Taylor Boys (Cage and Ryan Taylor) vs. Chris Kadillak and Famous B
Show: KurtRussellReunion 3
Promotion: PWG
Rating: 3/5
Comment: Watched this a few weeks ago so I can't remember much, but it was an alright match, nothing really impressive, but alright. Some cool spots now and there like when Kadillak went for a dive to Cage on the outside, Cage caught him in a powerbomb position, lifted him up and put him up in a Electric Chair position, allowing Ryan Taylor to perform a suicide dive onto Kadillak. Kinda like a Doomsday Device.

Match: BxB Hulk vs. Jimmy Susumu
Show: KurtRussellReunion 3
Promotion: PWG
Rating: 3.5/5
Comment: Really cool match. Involved a lot of stiff kicks and chops, with some cool high flying stuff from BxB too. Susumu ended up with the win after a brutal Aikata which planted BxB right on his face. Dem lariats from Susumu doe.

THG's? match? count?: 13.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: Colt Cabana vs Drew Gulak - 2/3 Falls
Event: National Pro Wrestling Day
Comment: A Nice starter for the event, Gulak got the first fall but Cabana got the second shortly after. Colt got the win after Gulak tapped out for the second time in the night. This match had some good comedy in it and as I said, It's a good opener.

Forrest's Match Count: 5

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Masaaki Mochizuki vs T-Hawk. Dragon Gate Infinity #323
Rating: 4
Comment: I love this match. It was great. The story was real simple with the generational war between Mochizuki's team Veteran, and T-Hawk's Millenials. Mochizuki spent the entire match schooling T-hawk, but T-Hawk refuses to admit being inferior to Mochi and they trade stiff kicks and chops throughout the match, battling for dominance. T-Hawk came out of this looking like a star and Mochi is just a boss.

This is my favorite match of 2014 after Bryan/Wyatt. Pretty darn sure @Pop Tatari would love this match.

Stop's spot count: 28

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Masaaki Mochizuki vs T-Hawk. Dragon Gate Infinity #323
Rating: 4
Comment: I love this match. It was great. The story was real simple with the generational war between Mochizuki's team Veteran, and T-Hawk's Millenials. Mochizuki spent the entire match schooling T-hawk, but T-Hawk refuses to admit being inferior to Mochi and they trade stiff kicks and chops throughout the match, battling for dominance. T-Hawk came out of this looking like a star and Mochi is just a boss.

This is my favorite match of 2014 after Bryan/Wyatt. Pretty darn sure @Pop Tatari would love this match.

Love Mouchizuki, this sounds like a brutal battle, will defo check this out.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Johnny Gargano Vs Eddie Edwards
Promotion: CTWE
Show: 5 Year Anniversary
Rating: 3.5
In Depth: Great match, it was very fluent, little if any mistakes were made and everything slotted in perfectly, I really enjoyed it and its worth a watch,

Adam's Match Counter: 20

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Big Van Walter vs Zack Sabre Jr
Promotion: WxW
Review: First time watching a match from this german promotion and it was a decent big man vs little man encounter. Sabre Jr starts the match off in a hurry as soon as the bell rings and does a corner dropkick to Walter. They showed some good chemistry ands there was some nice moments in it and the Sabre got the crowd behind him. There was a spot where Sabre gets dropped onto a wooden bench which breaks.

Pop Tart Match Count:17

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Is it too late to join in on this, what with us being two months into the year already?

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Is it too late to join in on this, what with us being two months into the year already?
Not late at all. Better late than never, feel free to join in.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Jay Lethal vs Eddie Edwards
Show: Pursuit Night 1
Promotion: ROH
Comment: Both men spend a while driving each other into the barrier, the match looks like it could be over with a double count out early on, both manage to get back into the ring to continue. Blows are traded to and fro before each man gaining dominance for a while- multiple near falls by both before finally Lethal pulls a win by delivering the Lethal Injection finisher. Overall, quite an entertaining match with some solid moves.
Majour's Match Count: 1

Last edited:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: EY Vs Abyss Monsters Ball
Show: iMPACT Wrestling Live From Glasgow
Promotion: TNA
In Depth: Brutal bout, I loved it. It furthered the storyline and was great seeing Abyss back, its obvious these guys have good chemistry so hopefully we see more bouts between them.

Adam's Match Counter: 21

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Austin Aries Vs Zema Ion X Division Championship Match
Promotion: TNA
SHow: iMPACT Wrestling Live From Glasgow
Rating: 3
In Depth: The Bromans came out for the distraction, Ion attacks from behind. It was short and sweet, I like Ion and Aries is awesome. They worked well and implemented a lot of things into a short time slot, I overall enjoyed it. I hope to see Ion Vs Aries on a PPV soon.

Adam's Match Count: 22