Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Match: Aj Styles vs Hiroshi Tanahashi. TNA Final Resolution 2005
Rating: 3
Comment: Decent spotfest from when both guys were young and still rookie-ish. Wouldn't call it a masterpiece but a good X-division singles match.

Stop's spot count: 25

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Masato Tanaka vs. Mike Awesome (c) for the ECW World Championship
Rating: 4.5/5
Promotion: ECW
Comment: This shit was unreal. So intense, so fast-paced, so extreme, and so entertaining. Brutal table spots, and brutal chair shots. Watch it if you haven't.. Tanaka got the win after a roaring elbow and became new champ, just to get laid out with another Awesome Bomb through a table on the outside after the match finished.

Match: Super Crazy vs. Ikuto Hidaka
Rating: 4/5
Promotion: ECW
Comment: Extremely neat match, with awesome high-flying action. Ikuto's somersault plancha to the outside was fricking amazing, and both men tore the house down. Great match.

Match: Abyss and Mr. Anderson vs. Jack Evans and Extreme Tiger in a steel cage match
Rating: 2.5/5
Promotion: AAA
Show: Triplemania XX (?)
Comment: It was a pretty poor match, all men just didn't really blend well. Had it's fair share of nice spots like Evans sunset flip powerbombing Abyss from the cage onto some thumbtacks. But other than the odd cool spot, it was really weak.

Match counter: 10.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: AJ Styles Vs Bully Ray
Show: Impact After BFG
Promotion: TNA
Rating:2.5
In Depth: Meh, it sums up this match. MEH. First of all Bully Ray is overrated as fuck. The match was boring and slow. Some solid spots and some sort of storytelling and some things that didn't make sense, AJ went to pick up Bully on his shoulders. WHY? Styles never does that, Bully is twice his size and he is injured. Makes no sense at all.

Adam's Match Counter: 18
AJ Styles Mini Marathon Match Counter: 1

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Dragon Kid vs Milano Collection AT vs Touru Owashi vs Yokosuka
Promotion: Dragons gate
Date: 2004/08/28
Rating: 4
Review: This was a fun elimination match with some good comedy moments and some really creative spots. Very good action packed match.

Pop tart match count: 14

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Sign Me Up, i'm dying to get on some E-fed action!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Sign Me Up, i'm dying to get on some E-fed action!
This isn't an E-fed mate. If you want that you should go to the section called Internet Wrestling Titles further down on the main site.

If you want to take part in the wrestling challenge (We're seeing who can watch at least 200 10+minute matches in one year) then welcome.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Thanks, that's what I meant. So I basically shortly tea ire matches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Review*

Stopspot

Reaction score
Review*

Basically yes. Watch a match, post it here with a short rating. The comments aren't mandatory but most of us do them anyway. Also keep track of how many matches you have watched. I write a "Stop's spot count" at the bottom of every post to keep track.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Ok!

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Kana & Ayumi Kurihara vs Meiko Satomura & Ayako Hamada
Promotion/Event: KanAyu Produce
Rating:3.7
Review: This was quite a entertaining match. Good mat wrestling at the start from Hamada and Kurihara. Decent amount of drama when it came to nearfalls. Maybe just a little bit to short to really get going, but with the time they had they worked a pretty good encounter with the quick pace and some brutal strikes.

Pop Tart match count:15

Stopspot

Reaction score
AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexander. PWX
Rating: 3.5
Comment: This was the first time seeing a PWX match, and my first time seeing Alexander in a singles role. I was pleasantly surprised by it.
Alexander was much better as a singles wrestler than I expected and with some polishing we could have something for the independents there. AJ was good and the two worked decently off each other.

Stop's Spot count: 26

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Hulk Hogan vs The Giant: Halloween Havoc 1995

Rating: 1.5

The match centered around Hulk Hogans black attire and Andre The Giants "son" The Giant. Earlier in the night there was monster truck sumo match. After losing The Giant attacked Hogan, resulting in Hogan accidentally knocking The Giant off the arena roof! 15 Mins later both competitors come out with no talk of the traumatizing events (for kids) the match ran a full 10 mins or so and Jimmy Hart betrays Hogan. More chaos and The Yet-Tat insures Hulkamanias destruction when a mummy appears and literally rapes Hogan in the ring. Horrible Match, DONT WATCH

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Corey Hollis vs Mike Posey
Promotion: ROH
Review: This was a top prospect first round match, Posey who is Hollies tag team partner said he wanted to wrestle him after Corey scheduled opponent did not want to wrestle. This was a really short match but they worked a pretty decent match with both guys hitting some decent moves. Hollies is a guy I have seen a few times now and I think he has good potential.

Pop Tart Match Count:16

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Monster Express (Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi, Masato Yoshino & Sachochiko Boy) vs Mad Blankey (BXB Hulk, KZY, Monday Ryu & Cyber Kong) 4 way tag, Dragon Gate Infinity #319
Comment: This match came as the result of a four match series between the two teams earlier in the show tying 2-2. It was a high pace affair with a lot of brawling at ringside and hijinks from the heel Mad Blankey team. Monster Express turned it around wit hijinks of their own. Tozawa worked well as FIP.

Also winning team got some form of price winning crab.

Stop's spot count: 27

Last edited: