NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for TO: Toronto was decent.

Liv/Peyton and the post-match stuff was OK. I guess we're going to see a 6-Woman tag at TakeOver.

Skimmed through The Drifter BS. The way Graves shits on him is hilarious, though.

Andrade vs Alexander was a good ME and the highlight of the show. Damn, heel Andrade is the best Andrade.

I marked so hard for this:
tumblr_ogslxhyMlQ1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Anyways, looking forward to TakeOver: Toronto this Saturday!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was decent.

Enjoyed the ME, it was really good.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was OK, I guess.

Nakamura vs Joe was short and disappointing, definitely their weakest match of the three.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was decent. It was heavily focused on the NXT title and the Fatal 4-Way match to determine the #1 contender next week.

Nakamura vs Joe was solid, but disappointing, just like their match in Japan. Hopefully this is it for Joe in NXT and he debuts at the Rumble!

The qualifying matches for next week's Fatal 4-Way were all short, but decent.

And, they set up Billie vs Daria for next week.

Also, what's Percy Watson doing on commentary? I don't mind the guy, but he brings absolutely nothing to the table. Graves and Phillips are perfect. There's no need for another announcer.

Next week should be better. We're getting Roode/Strong/Almas/Tye and DIY/The Revival.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like the Steel Cage match closed the deal on Shinsuke & Joe's series as well as Joe's time in NXT, he should definitely be called up for the Rumble.

As for the Fatal 4 Way, who do you think will be the next to challenge Shinsuke for the NXT straps? I'd say Tye or Roode at this point but hey, I'm always up for a WWE swerve at any time ;)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like the Steel Cage match closed the deal on Shinsuke & Joe's series as well as Joe's time in NXT, he should definitely be called up for the Rumble.

As for the Fatal 4 Way, who do you think will be the next to challenge Shinsuke for the NXT straps? I'd say Tye or Roode at this point but hey, I'm always up for a WWE swerve at any time ;)

It'll be Roode. Tye should be heading to the main roster along with Joe.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was decent.

The absolute highlight was the ME. It was a pretty good match.

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
Another great show by the NXT guys. The main event was very good. I was hoping for a Dillinger win, but deep down i knew it would be Roode. I'm a fan of Roode aswell, so im ok with him winning.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Triple H announced today that a two-hour WWE NXT special will air next Wednesday night with footage from the recent Osaka, Japan live event, including Shinsuke Nakamura regaining the NXT Title from Samoa Joe.

Below are details:
If you weren't able to make it to Osaka, Japan, earlier this month for NXT's debut in the Land of the Rising Sun, there's no need to fret! Tune into WWE Network this Wednesday at 8/7 C for a special two-hour edition of NXT featuring incredible matches from the Edion Arena, including Shinsuke Nakamura's incredible NXT Championship victory over Samoa Joe.
The night of action will feature:

-Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe (NXT Championship Match)
-Asuka vs. Nia Jax (NXT Women's Championship Match)
-#DIY vs. Tajiri & Akira Tozawa (NXT Tag Team Championship Match)
-Liv Morgan & Aliyah vs. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce
-Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas

Don't miss your chance to see NXT's Japan debut for the first time ever on WWE Network, this Wednesday at 8/7 C. Plus, on January 4, WWE Network subscribers will get the opportunity to watch NXT's action-packed event from Melbourne, Australia, featuring Nakamura and Joe in a Steel Cage Match for the NXT Championship, and much more!

Source

Nice.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Didn't think they'd show it on the Network, either. So, thank you, Papa Hunter. :hhh2:

They might've set a precedent with this one.. now we're going to expect all the special live overseas events to be shown to us at some point some people will make a fuss if they don't get future showings.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They might've set a precedent with this one.. now we're going to expect all the special live overseas events to be shown to us at some point some people will make a fuss if they don't get future showings.

Personally, I'm content we're getting four TakeOvers per year.

And if some people wanna act like spoiled brats for not getting everything they want, then too bad for 'em. :dealwithit:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The final NXT show of the year was solid.

Lorcan vs Almas was good, the women's tag was OK, #DIY vs Tajiri & Tozawa was very good and MOTN, Asuka vs Nia and Nakamura vs Joe were both solid, but disappointing.