NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was fine.

Tye is awesome, A Double cut a good promo and the ME was solid.

SmackChat-Luke

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.SmackChat.org
I posted this on my blog, but might get into the routine of posting my views in here as well.

NOTE: For a long time, I’ve gone without the WWE Network, so I’m am coming into NXT almost completely fresh. Some of the comments made below may be slightly uneducated, but I am approaching this as a new fan. Give me a couple of weeks and I’m sure I’ll know a lot more about what is going on.

Tye Dillinger Vs Buddy Murphy

A strong opening match for the card, with a lovely, quick pace. It never seemed in doubt that Dillinger would win, if for no other reason than to keep the crowd happy.

Buddy Murphy showed what he can do in the ring well, with the double knee from the top turnbuckle being the spot of the evening for myself.

It will be interesting to see where either of these stars go from here, as the show they put on was deserving of more than its position as the opening match.

Steve Cutler Vs Kenneth Crawford

Again I was impressed with the quality of this match, aside from a couple of botches on Crawford’s part. The shifts in momentum were very effective, especially as Crawford came back towards the end of the match. The bout did seem to end fairly suddenly, I was expecting another kick-out after the fisherman’s driver, but surprises like this may actually be a good thing.

No Way Jose Vs Angelo Dawkins

I was very impressed with Jose’s in-ring work at NXT: Takeover Brooklyn II over the weekend, so I was looking forwards to this match when I saw it was on the card. The chain of moves off of the ropes was impressing, but seemed a little pointless – It’s hard to suspend your disbelief when wrestlers are just chaining leapfrogs over one another. The crowd seemed to be getting into this match much more than the previous bout, really getting behind No Way Jose. Whether or not his momentum will be able to continue, especially with a gimmick based on dancing, is yet to be seen, but the signs are there than he should be taken seriously in the future.

Dawkins just jobbed out a bit, completely disappearing after the match to emphasise this even more. I’ll be making sure I keep my eyes open for him cropping up again.

Liv Morgan Vs Aliyah

I again refer to the fact that I have not seen a lot of NXT before, but Liv Morgan is essentially Carmella, at least in my eyes so far.

The submission move in the center of the ring looked genuinely painful, especially as Aliyah began putting leg strikes into the mix. It’s a shame that this move didn’t lead to a tap, or at least cause Morgan to struggle with an injury (Something which has been done so well in the main roster recently) for the remainder of the match. I turned away from my screen for two seconds and Aliyah was being pinned; I had to look back to find out what had happened.

A strong match none the less, and a good showing for both women.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Solid episode this week.

TM61 vs Daivari & Nese was a good opener.

Ember Moon's squash was fine. Love that finisher!

Aries vs Almas was good. Loved the finish. Aries as a heel has been enjoyable so far.

Nakamura vs Cutler was a fine squash.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was decent.

Roode's entrance was... GLORIOUS!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was good and easy to watch.

The opening segment w/ Joe and Regal was good, Aries vs Lorcan was good, Billie Kay vs Aliyah was OK for what it was, Alexander vs Andrade was a pretty good ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Forgot to post here, but last week's show was good.

Aaand, I'm ready for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was good.

- AoP vs Bollywood Boyz was a fine squash. Wish the Boyz got more of their stuff in, but oh well. Also, keep the Boyz around, please and thank you.

- Swann vs Clark was a fun squash. Clark's new gimmick is interesting, but not sure how well it is going to work. Oh, and Swann's grown SO much on me since the CWC. Also, his reaction when Clark got the ring was hilarious.

- Peyton squashing Danielle was OK. Glad Peyton and Billie have finally teamed up.

- The Glorious 10 backstage interview was gold.

- Joe destroying Dan Matha was fun to watch. Loved his little promo, too! "Tick tock. Tick tock. Who will be the next to get his head rocked?" :joe:

- The Revival vs Cedric & Almas was a fun-tastic ME. Both teams looked great and I just loved this match. The champs won and advanced to the second round of the tourney, of course. But, I loved Andrade turning on Cedric post-match. It's what he desperately needed. He showed more fire in that one minute beat-down than he has in his entire NXT run so far. Good stuff.

Looking forward to next week's show!

Reactions: Geek773

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was decent.

Liked the debut of Sanity, TM-61 vs Tino/Moss was decent and the Nakamura/Joe brawl was wild.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was good. There wasn't a single bad thing on the show and I was entertained from the beginning to the end.

Swann & Jose vs Gulak & Nese was a solid show opener.

Aries' promo was good.

Roode squashing Maluta was decent, I liked his post-match promo and the brawl with Tye, too.

Glad about Billie and Peyton getting a push.

Aries & Strong vs Otis & Knight was decent. Marked for Roddy!

Andrade's promo was fine.

Nikki Cross squashing Kamella was OK.

The Nakamura stuff in the closing stuff was good.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was solid.

[HASHTAG]#DIY[/HASHTAG] vs Lun & Bing was a solid show opener with both teams looking good.

Joey Headrocker cut a good promo.

Aliyah vs Billie Kay was OK and advanced the storyline.

Tye Dillinger squashing Noah was alright and the post-match happenings advanced his feud with Roode.

TM-61 cut a decent promo.

Asuka squashing Thea was amusing enough. I loved Asuka's reaction post-match when it was announced she would be taking on Mickie James at TO: Toronto.

Ibushi & TJP vs Ali & Dorado was a fun ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was good and easy to watch.

The show was heavily focused on The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, every segment was meaningful and an hour of NXT TV just flew by.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was solid.

The AoP vs [HASHTAG]#DIY[/HASHTAG] was good, TM-61 vs Sanity was solid, Ember Moon's squash was OK, Roode and Tye cut some solid promos and the contract signing with Nakamura and Joe was fine.

The TO: Toronto card looks good, I am looking forward to it. Especially to the 2-out-of-3 falls match 'tween The Revival and [HASHTAG]#DIY[/HASHTAG].

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
I liked this weeks episode. I was initially bummed when Gargano and Ciampa didn't make it to the final, but i was glad they were given a Tag Title shot at NXT: Toronto. I was very surprised TM 61 beat Sanity. I still think AOP will win the tournament, but it would be fantastic if TM 61 were allowed to win it. Even if they don't, i think they've gained the respect of every wrestling fan out there.

The card for NXT: Toronto looks pretty good. I'm keen to find out what happens with Dillinger vs Roode. Dillinger is my favourite guy on NXT, so i hope he wins. Same goes for Gargano and Ciampa with the Tag Titles, and TM 61 in the tournament. It should be a great PPV.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I liked this weeks episode. I was initially bummed when Gargano and Ciampa didn't make it to the final, but i was glad they were given a Tag Title shot at NXT: Toronto. I was very surprised TM 61 beat Sanity. I still think AOP will win the tournament, but it would be fantastic if TM 61 were allowed to win it. Even if they don't, i think they've gained the respect of every wrestling fan out there.

The card for NXT: Toronto looks pretty good. I'm keen to find out what happens with Dillinger vs Roode. Dillinger is my favourite guy on NXT, so i hope he wins. Same goes for Gargano and Ciampa with the Tag Titles, and TM 61 in the tournament. It should be a great PPV.

I completely agree with everything here.

When Regal made the announcement that DIY would be facing The Revival in a 2-out-of-3 falls match at TO: Toronto, I was like: :hhhooh:

That is probably the one match I am looking forward to the most. It's gonna be great. Top Guys will retain, I reckon.

I do like me some TM-61, but The AoP are totally winning this tourney. And I am not bothered by it at all, tbh.

I love Dillinger and I love Roode, but Roode will win in order to keep his momentum going. At least Tye won't look bad in defeat.

Plus, the ovation he'll receive in his home country will be thunderous. Same goes for Roode.

Can't wait for next week, man! The show is gonna be soooo good! :yay: