NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was decent.

The Revival vs Sabbatelli & Moss was OK, Dillinger & Murphy vs Samson & Roode was decent, Ember vs Billie vs Liv was decent and #DIY vs TM61 was pretty damn good and MOTN.

Skipped Naka vs Joe cage match because I already watched it like two weeks ago and it was really underwhelming.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was good. The show was easy to watch and flew by, as they set things up for TakeOver: San Antonio.

- Billie Kay & Peyton Royce vs Sarah Bridges & Macey Evans was OK. It was short and exactly what it needed to be. The post-match stuff was good, though, with Nikki Cross coming out and destroying everyone. Also, I loved seeing a pissed off Asuka. The Fatal 4-Way at TO is going to be good.

- Elias Samson vs Jonathan Cruz was meh.

- Andrade Cien Almas vs Oney Lorcan was rock solid given the time constraint. They played well off of their match in Osaka where Lorcan won and it's funny what a heel turn can do for somebody. Almas is SO much over now than he was as a babyface, obviously. Also, he looks to take out Roderick Strong next. Looking forward to it.

- We got an interview with Nakamura and they announced a contract signing 'tween Nakamura and Roode for next week.

- #DIY vs The Revival was a very good ME and MOTN. Not exactly on par with their previous TO matches, but still, very good and enjoyable. #DIY retain via Superkick/Knee strike combo on both Dash and Dawson. And they get laid out post-match by the Authors of Pain. The AoP have been pushed hard ever since the inception of the team, no way they're not leaving TO as new NXT tag champs.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was good.

The only negative is Percy Watson on comentary. I still don't get why they added him to the mix. Phillips and Graves are perfect together.
But, Percy sucks. He brings nothing to the table. Man, it must take a helluva lot of talent (or lack thereof) to be worse than Otunga.

Now, onto the good stuf:
- The Nikki Cross squash was exactly what it needed to be. It gives Nikki momentum ahead of the title match at TakeOver.

- They set up a match between No Way Jose and Kona Reeves.

- The Revival cut a good promo and set up a match against TM-61.

- Strong vs Cutler was decent and gave Roddy momentum ahead of his TO match against Andrade. Also, diggin' Roddy's new theme song. We need more metal.

- Tye Dillinger/Sanity segment was good. Damo finally joining Sanity is nice and gives him something to do. End is rumored to join, and I think he may join pretty soon, like TakeOver: San Antonio soon.

- The Revival vs TM-61 was done really well considering the situation. They worked well with what they were given and written Thorne off TV 'cause he needs knee surgery. Hopefully The Revival debuts on the main roster (on SmackDown, preferably) soon.

- The closing segment with Roode and Nakamura was good.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Damn Graves is still commentating nxt too? That's gotta be alot of work on him to do raw every week and nxt. Not sure how far ahead they film but still...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Damn Graves is still commentating nxt too? That's gotta be alot of work on him to do raw every week and nxt. Not sure how far ahead they film but still...

Yeah, Graves is still on commentary.

It'd be nigh impossible to do both RAW and NXT every week if NXT was a live show.

So, the upside for him is that NXT crew shows up for TV tapings one night (usually on Thursdays) and then they film 3-4 episodes.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well, this week's show was a decent go-home show for TakeOver: San Antonio.

Looking forward to it this Saturday.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So. I stopped watching when I heard Eric Young was leading a heel faction. (Also due to time constraints)

Is this show still worth keeping an eye on? Because at Takeover Sanity seems pretty cool

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So. I stopped watching when I heard Eric Young was leading a heel faction. (Also due to time constraints)

Is this show still worth keeping an eye on? Because at Takeover Sanity seems pretty cool

The past few weeks have been decent to good. Nothing spectacular, but nothing downright bad, either. And the show simply flies by.

I think NXT TV is about to pick up, because the likes of Sanity, Roddy and Moon will continue to be pushed.

New talent will probably debut.

The AoP and Asuka will continue to kick people's asses.

Kassius Ohno is back, and Tommy End should debut pretty soon. So, there's that.

Also, we're getting Roode vs Nakamura II.

So, is the show worth keeping an eye on? Yeah, I think so.

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Watching NXT's show last night was alright. My favourite match was Ember Moon v Aliyah. Ember Moon is now my favourite woman wrestler. She has great potential, I just hope WWE don't waste it. I wasn't too intrigued with Tyler Bate tonight but was good to see him win. The other matches were fairly boring, including No Way Jose vs Elias Samson.

Show Rating: 5/10

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was decent. Nothing great or must see, but nothing downright bad, either.

We got highlights from TakeOver: San Antonio, as well as promos from victorious superstars and they were all decent.

Ember Moon vs Aliyah was a decent opener. Ember won, of course, in order to keep her momentum rollin' as she heads towards a title shot.

Tyler Bate vs Oney Lorcan was fun enough given the time constraint. Bate got to show off some of his stuff and this was a nice way to put him in front of the NXT crowd until they figure out as to what they want to do with the UK guys. The crowd cheered him instantly because the dude is really that likeable. Now, about Lorcan, he worked hard as always and made his opponent look good. Hopefully he gets more chances down the road because he's pretty good.

No Way Jose vs Elias Samson was a decent, but skippable ME. The best part of it was Jose winning, of course and Graves burying Samson on commentary.

And lastly, Graves is done with NXT, but thankfully we've got a good replacement in Nigel McGuinness. Looking forward to next week's show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was good.

It felt weird watching NXT without Graves on commentary, but fortunately, Nigel is a good replacement. And surprisingly enough, Percy wasn't dreadful.

Sanity vs The Bollywood Boyz was exactly what it needed to be. I love the fact that Wolfe didn't even need to tag in, Dain destroyed both Gurv and Harv all by himself.

Liv vs Billie was OK for the time it was given.

The Revival vs Heavy Machinery was fun enough given the time constraint.

Roode cut a good promo.

Sanity vs Roddy, No Way Jose & Tye was a good ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent show this week.

The AoP squash was exactly what it needed to be and accomplished its goal of keeping the champs look dominant and unstoppable.

Peyton & Billie vs Liv & Ember was OK given the time constraint. We're getting a triple-threat match (Peyton/Liv/Ember) next week to determine the #1 contender for NXT Women's title.

DIY/The Revival/AoP segment was good.

Bate vs Seven was a pretty good ME, I enjoyed it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was solid.

Peyton vs Liv vs Ember was a decent opener. Peyton won with a nice Bridging Fisherman's Suplex and moves on to face Asuka.

Dunne vs Mandrews was good and fun and MOTN.

Roode vs No Way Jose was a solid ME. Also, loved the post-match segment with Roode and Ohno.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
This week's show was solid.

Peyton vs Liv vs Ember was a decent opener. Peyton won with a nice Bridging Fisherman's Suplex and moves on to face Asuka.

Dunne vs Mandrews was good and fun and MOTN.

Roode vs No Way Jose was a solid ME. Also, loved the post-match segment with Roode and Ohno.

I thought it was Ember about to get the push. Interesting..