NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was solid and easy to watch.

Asuka vs Peyton and The AoP vs DIY were highlights of the show.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Patrick Clark has a very....interesting gimmick...

Also, Peyton Royce I say has a fair bit of potential. She isn't there quite yet, but her and Billie are getting better and better. A side note, Peyton should use the Widow's Peak as a finish, saw it at the last Takeover, suits her well. Great match, Ember and Auska's staredown was great.

The main event, solid, the Revival coming in and hitting two Shatter Machines, great ending. They're setting up Takeover: Orlando matches well.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was decent.

Almas vs Lun was a fine squash.

Moon vs Kay was OK.

A vignette for Tommy End aired. Hyped!

Ohno/Roode sit-down interviews were alright.

Nakamura vs TJP was a good ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent show this week.

The AoP vs The Ealy Brothers was an OK squash. The post-match segment with The AoP, DIY and The Revival was good.

A Heavy Machinery vignette aired. I liked that team and what they brought to the table when they faced The Revival a few weeks ago.

Asuka's video package was nice.

Cross vs Macey was a fine squash and exactly what it needed to be. Nikki continues to look strong as she's most likely going to be the #1 contender after TakeOver: Orlando. Also, Nikki hitting like 6 finishers in a row on Macey was great.

We got a video package for Tommy End Aleister Black.

Roode vs KO was a good, but somewhat disappointing ME. It would've been better if there were no commercials and if the camera wasn't constantly switching to Nakamura backstage. Like, doing it at the start of the match and at the end is totally fine, but doing it like 5 times is unnecessary and a bit off-putting, at least for me. Also, having Ohno return and pretty much promise to win the title and then fail and lose his first match back is a bit questionable decision, but oh well.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I may try to catch this week's episode, but an aside, Kassius Ohno, I know you are a great wrestler, but you still should try to trim a bit of weight or change your attire up. When you get to the main roster, impression is key and your attire and body style right now is making people overlook your in ring work.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Looking forward to the tag triple threat at TakeOver.

Asuka and Shinsuke are booked for June NXT Live programs so does that mean they wont be called up after wrestlemania? or will they just be pulling double duty?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Looking forward to the tag triple threat at TakeOver.

Asuka and Shinsuke are booked for June NXT Live programs so does that mean they wont be called up after wrestlemania? or will they just be pulling double duty?

Looking forward to it, too. I also like the fact that it's an elimination match.

They might be pulling double duty if they're called up right after Mania, but I think it's a possibility that the card subject can change.

Or maybe this happens: Nakamura debuts right after Mania and Asuka debuts during the draft sometime in July or whenever they wanna do it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
After a few weeks of decent, but sort of underwhelming episodes, NXT got back on track and produced a good show this week.

The show was enjoyable and focused on matches taking place at NXT TakeOver: Orlando.

- Almas vs Lorcan was a good show opener. They've had quality TV matches before and this was no exception. It was stiff, had a nice pace and the guys put on a good effort, especially in the homestretch. Andrade won with a Hammerlock DDT.

- DIY cut a good promo backstage.

- Asuka had one hell of a sqush match. She was absolutely brutal and showed who runs the women's division. Damn, nobody's on Asuka's level. She should remain undefeated forever.

- The Revival cut a good promo backstage.

- The video package for Roode vs Nakamura II was really well done.

- Heavy Machinery is coming next week. Nice!

- They set up Ohno vs Samson in a Loser Leaves NXT match for next week nicely.

- Aleister Black will debut at TakeOver: Orlando against Andrade Almas. Almas is once again being positioned as the guy that's going to eat the pin to the debuting guy, but hey, if anyone's gonna make Black look good, it's Almas. So, I look forward to the match at TakeOver.

- Strong, Jose & Dillinger vs Sanity was a solid ME and exactly what it needed to be to set up the post-match brawl, as well as the debut of Ruby Riot. That ending makes perect sense as they're setting up an 8-person mixed tag match for TakeOver: Orlando.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Was an awesome episode. Almas had a great match so I am kinda disappointed he's gonna eat the pin at take over but pumped to see Black's debut.

The Loser leaves NXT match is going to be interesting, I guess the loser will then turn up on SD / RAW?

But Asuka was ruthless and absolutely stunning being ruthless. I really want her to remain undefeated, she just doesnt look like someone that can be beaten and it's not always you have a legitimate perception like that.

The tag match was good and the 8 person match at TakeOver will be chaotic. Hoping Cross and RIot have a one on one next week or something, that'd be one hell of a match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for TakeOver: Orlando was solid.

- Dash vs Gargano vs Akam was a solid opener and it was really well done.

- The video package for Black vs Almas was good.

- Heavy Machinery's debut was fun. I'm already into this team.

- Asuka/Ember Moon segment was OK.

- The AoP/Ellering segment was alright. Ellering cut a fine promo.

- The video package for Roode vs Nakamura II was good.

- Ohno vs Samson was a decent, but disappointing ME. It just felt like it never got going and the crowd wasn't much into it, either. I would've preferred if KO came out firing on all cylinders after his loss to Roode, but instead we've got more of a 50/50 bout, which was fine, but still... KO should've looked much more dominant here, but oh well.

Anyways, looking forward to TakeOver: Orlando this Saturday!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was OK, but totally skippable. That's pretty much become a tradition for post-TakeOver shows.

I look forward to next week's show, it looks much more fun.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was good.

- First off, I dig the new theme and the opening video. That's a nice change.

- Aleister Black vs Corey Hollis was amusing enough. It was exactly what it needed to be, Black arrived, kicked ass and left. Also, his entrance looks just as cool at Full Sail.

- They set up Tye Dillinger vs Eric Young in a Steel Cage match for next week. Not a fan of Steel Cage matches, but it'll be Tye's send-off from NXT, so I guess I don't mind. Still would've preferred a different kind of match, though.

- #DIY vs Dylan Miley & Michael Blais was fine and exactly what it needed to be, as DIY needed to pick up a win following their loss at TakeOver: Orlando. Post-match, Dylan destroyed his tag partner. Damn, that dude is huge.

- Ember Moon video package was good.

- Ruby Riot vs Kimberly Frankele was amusing enough given the time constraint. They also teased Riot vs Cross with Cross appearing during the match, which is nice. I think this'll be a match at TakeOver: Chicago.

- They aired a video package for the Authors of Pain.

- There was a segment with Billie and Peyton making fun of Liv and Aliyah, Liv then shoved Billie into an ice bath.

- Drew McIntyre vs Oney Lorcan was a fun ME. It was fast-paced and hard-hitting and really fun. McIntyre won, of course and Lorcan really made him look good. Overall, they re-introduced McIntyre nicely and he is a good addition to the roster.

- The closing segment with Nakamura saying goodbye to NXT was good and emotional. Thank you, Shinsuke!