NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was good.

Ember vs Peyton was solid, Sanity vs The Ealy Brothers was OK, Deville vs Evers was OK, Roddy/Roode segment was good and set up a title match nicely, Black vs Ohno was a pretty damn good and hard-hitting ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was very good and enjoyable. It simply flew by.

- Mauro Ranallo's back, baybay! He was good on commentary as always.

- Velveteen Dream vs HoHo Lun was OK.

- The AoP vs Heavy Machinery for the tag titles will take place two weeks from now.

- Itami vs Lorcan was good and entertaining.

- Asuka vs Cross was a great ME and MOTN, I loved it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

- Sanity vs Itami & Ohno was decent and advanced the Itami/Ohno angle.

- They most likely set up Ember Moon vs Ruby Riot in a #1 contender's match with that backstage interview. That should be good.

- McIntyre cut a solid promo.

- Gargano returns next week. Nice!

- Roode vs Strong was a pretty good ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent show this week.

- Black vs Fish was a rock solid opener. Holy crap, Bobby Fish is in NXT! I wasn't even aware. Hopefully O'Reilly and Cole sign soon, too.

- Borne vs Hachey was okay, I guess.

- They announced McIntyre vs Dain and Moon vs Riot for next week.

- Johnny Gargano is back and he cut a good promo! It'll be interesting to see who he goes up against considering Ciampa's going to be out till early 2018.

- The AoP vs Heavy Machinery was a decent ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was good and simply flew by.

Moon vs Riot was good, Ohno vs Itami got set for next week, Lorcan vs Burch was amusing enough given the time constraint, Jose vs Bononi was OK and set up Almas/Jose nicely, McIntyre vs Dain was a rock solid ME.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I've GOT to start watching NXT. Never seen it one time in all 25 yrs of my life. Or so I dnt think I hv

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was okay.

The highlight was Ember Moon getting another win and setting up a rematch with Asuka at TakeOver: Brooklyn, McIntyre's promo and the Itami/Ohno angle.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was solid as we build towards TakeOver: Brooklyn III.

- Gargano vs Mendoza was a decent opener with the right man winning.

- Ellering's promo was okay and The AoP vs Sanity got made official for TakeOver: Brooklyn.

- Asuka/Ember segment was alright.

- Roode/Roddy stuff was alright.

- The Street Profits debut next week. Nice.

- Devile vs Van Bemel was okay.

- Itami/Black segment was good. Itami being a heel now was absolutely the right call. Also, loved that Black Mass Aleister hit on him, it looked brutal.

- No Way Jose vs Almas got announced for next week.

- Black vs O'Reilly was a pretty damn good ME. I'm happy O'Reilly is in NXT now along with Fish, and this was a strong debut for him, considering he was given a lot in this bout against Black.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Always love reading all the reviews y'all do! Keep up the good work!

Aleister Black is a damn superstar. I'm scared to see what's going to happen to him on the main roster.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

- The opening segment with The AoP and Sanity was good.

- The Street Profits vs The Metro Brothers was decent. Metro Brothers remind me of Deuce and Domino. LOL Anyways, I felt this was a good debut for Street Profits, they're charismatic and fun to watch and their run is off to a good start.

- Itami vs Black was confirmed for TakeOver. That one should be brutal.

- McIntyre/Roode segment was good. On a side note, the involvement of Strong in all this is interesting, that's for sure. And having booked Strong vs McIntyre in a #1 contender's match for next week, it's going to be interesting to see if Roddy wins and gets another shot at Roode or if he's going to come up short and snap and possibly form the rumored ROH faction.

- Gargano's promo was alright.

- Burch vs Lorcan was good. Perhaps not as intense and brutal as their previous outing, but still good. I like this mini-feud 'cause their matches are different than anything else in NXT. Looking forward to the rubber match.

- Almas vs Jose was decent. So, looks like we're getting Gargano vs Almas at TakeOver, nice.

Overall, this was a good episode that simply flew by.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for TakeOver: Brooklyn III was decent. It wasn't a particularly strong go-home show, but at least TakeOver will deliver. There's no doubt in my mind.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Really good build for Takeover Brooklyn: III.

I've never seen one segment single-handedly sell a match like that beatdown on AOP did last week. The visual of Author 2 lifting up that railing to try his best to save Author 1, just to eat that execution -style sent on and watch as they make a statement! Dynamite stuff from Sanity here.

Surprised nobody is calling Sanity as Fandango's kidnappers. Perfect time to debut them. Styles vs Young, Naomi vs Nikki, Wolfe and Dain vs the New Day on the next Smackdown PPV seems like the fresh blood desperately needed in each division.

They've done a pretty solid job building up Ember Moon, to the point where I'd accept a title win after her demotion to the main roster. She can go beat up Natalya Alexa or whoever while Asuka remains champion, she just has this untouchable aura that came across even more as she's screaming kanji in a sundress. Ember is going to do big things, but not the biggest things.

GET YOUR MAIN ROSTER SHIT OFF MY NXT. Uggggghhhhh that finish to the Mcintyre/Strong match was SO TERRIBLE. Bobby Roode seriously comes across as the smartest man on the show, a master manipulator able to make Regal cave to his demands and keep himself fresh as his opponents tear each other apart... So why would he give Strong a free match with him by getting him DQ'ed? Awful awful ending. NXT usually just leaves us smiling and satisfied by the end, this felt as Smackdown as it gets and in 2017 that is NOT a compliment. Otherwise I really like this feud. Drew is doing great, the "entitled" aspect puts both guys over well and Roode making fun of roddy's family non stop is hilarious!

Street Profits are cool, but they seem stuck as the 4th team in the division lol. They aren't the team you build up as an underdog against these behemoths... many will call RedDragon? I'd say let's make a team of Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch.

I'm calling the upset now. Hideo Itami over Aleister Black... It really feels like Black is going to be on the main roster quickly so this won't hurt, and either way this match will rule and I'll be happy. If anyone will be upset it'll be for the right reasons!

Gargano is freaking awesome, man. I'd love to see him sneak his way into the main events soon, Roode can hold on to that belt until they have the perfect arc for Gargano to win it......right before Ciampa comes back!

More stuff is going on too!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was decent. I mean, it was the typical post-TakeOver show. The ME was good, though.