NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I don't see much interesting in NXT anymore, other than... the Street Profits. They'll have to step up their game.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I don't see much interesting in NXT anymore, other than... the Street Profits. They'll have to step up their game.

The show is always meant to be a developmental show, so they're going to have some matches which are meant to develop guys and test people. I want to watch it, but it ain't easy to watch it in Canada and I keep forgetting it's on .-.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The show is always meant to be a developmental show, so they're going to have some matches which are meant to develop guys and test people. I want to watch it, but it ain't easy to watch it in Canada and I keep forgetting it's on .-.
I know it's developmental. But nobody other than Aleister Black is interesting. It's so barren right now, that this is the perfect time for the new guys to step their game up, and start molding their success after Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, and Bobby Roode.

Seth Rollins is the perfect example of a star going from nothing, to main eventer. He's just thrown into the mid card because the WWE brass doesn't know what to do with him. So, now he's Tag champion.

Bobby Roode is the perfect example of someone who's already known, shot all the way to main event, and then still keeping his fire intact on roster debut.

These new young talents need to get this through their skulls: Step up.

Treat everyday as if it is "Go big, or go home." Grab life by the horns, or balls or get the fuck off NXT, because you ain't trying.

WWE needs new stars right now, so this is the perfect time for these guys in NXT to really try to shine.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I know it's developmental. But nobody other than Aleister Black is interesting. It's so barren right now, that this is the perfect time for the new guys to step their game up, and start molding their success after Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, and Bobby Roode.

Seth Rollins is the perfect example of a star going from nothing, to main eventer. He's just thrown into the mid card because the WWE brass doesn't know what to do with him. So, now he's Tag champion.

Bobby Roode is the perfect example of someone who's already known, shot all the way to main event, and then still keeping his fire intact on roster debut.

These new young talents need to get this through their skulls: Step up.

Treat everyday as if it is "Go big, or go home." Grab life by the horns, or balls or get the fuck off NXT, because you ain't trying.

I mean, Drew Galloway/McIntyre is a great worker and the fact that there is a new stable is good...and SAnitY is a thing...

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I mean, Drew Galloway/McIntyre is a great worker and the fact that there is a new stable is good...and SAnitY is a thing...
Drew's improved since being on NXT, but I haven't been convinced he'll do what Roode is currently doing. SAnity is a nice stable, but there's also Bray Wyatt's family. I don't know how they plan to book SAnity/Wyatts once the call up is done. I do have this to say: Eric Young is in the best shape of his life, I can only hope he goes up from here. Other than that, I don't see shit.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Drew's improved since being on NXT, but I haven't been convinced he'll do what Roode is currently doing. SAnity is a nice stable, but there's also Bray Wyatt's family. I don't know how they plan to book SAnity/Wyatts once the call up is done. I do have this to say: Eric Young is in the best shape of his life, I can only hope he goes up from here. Other than that, I don't see shit.

McIntyre probably won't hold onto that championship for long, though. Which is a shame because he's really good.

I think he can be considered a transitional champ in a way, because he'll most likely drop the NXT title to Adam Cole at TakeOver: Houston in November. Unless they want to do McIntyre vs Strong first, but I doubt it. They'll probably give Cole the title right off the bat, which is fine by me.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Drew's improved since being on NXT, but I haven't been convinced he'll do what Roode is currently doing.

Correction, he's improved since being released from WWE. He's had some of the best matches of his career, won belts practically everywhere, and has cut blistering promos wherever he can. I doubt he'll hold the belt beyond next Takeover, but if there is anyone who should be WWE Champ instead of Jinder right now, it's him.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
McIntyre probably won't hold onto that championship for long, though. Which is a shame because he's really good.

I think he can be considered a transitional champ in a way, because he'll most likely drop the NXT title to Adam Cole at TakeOver: Houston in November. Unless they want to do McIntyre vs Strong first, but I doubt it. They'll probably give Cole the title right off the bat, which is fine by me.
Thing is, McIntyre isn't marketable. I don't see anything special about him other than his skills as outlined by @Beavs. I don't watch much Indy stuff, and thanks to Beavs thanks for the info.

It's the same reason why he was undervalued when he was in WWE. He returned with new skills from what little I've seen of him. He needs to do more than just being a big dude. It's like this, I see a McIntyre vs Big Cass being a perfect match, but it'll be boring because it's a stalemate. They're both the same in every sense of the word. Both tall, both well groomed (ahem; women think they're sexy), both have this cute look on their face, their move sets are similar, and so on and on.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Forgot to post here, but last week's show was good and enjoyable.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent show this week.

Dunne vs Wolfgang was good and the highlight of the show.

Also, they added some intrigue to the women's division until the next champ's crowned, Gargano vs Moss was solid, Street Profits are so much fun and they set up a tag match between Seven/Bate and Fish/O'Reilly for next week.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This is my usual post of "Hey I wanna review this show and stuff since it's still good!" But difficult atm, so a few quick thoughts...

-I hate the idea of NXT callups, but there's one group I think should get fast tracked up there... Street Profits. Like these guys, but they aren't the team to throw against the craziness of Sanity or have the underdog appeal vs AoP. Then going against any of the heel teams on the main roster does sound appealing!

-I'm all for Lorcan and Burch being a tag team still. Beating that drum. Especially all for Bate, Seven, and Wolfgang vs Cole, Fish, O'Reilly.

-Seeing the farewell package for Asuka was heartbreaking. Actually made me really emotional, knowing how awesome she's been and how many women have been put over through the way her streak has unfolded. It's like watching a child leave home to go stay in a motel outside some lousy community college. The BEST part of NXT is knowing they will handle the vacant title situation really well.

-Speaking of that community college, if there is any money to be made on the main roster then Johnny Gargano will make you some. I'm digging this story of how people know they can trigger the guy by bringing up DIY, and when Ciampa comes back and he'll have to battle his demons? That's what I watch for.

-Itami is doing okay as a heel, and I cannot get into Kassius Oh no at all during either run. Am I missing something? I don't care about his attire, it's not that.

-More jobber slayings, please!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show this week, it simply flew by.

The ME was the highlight of the show.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Man, NXT is such an easy watch...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Last week's show was decent. The ME and Cole's in-ring debut was alright at best, but should've been given more time.