NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was solid.

- The opening segment with Roode was good. He was bragging and took credit for Nakamura leaving NXT, and rightfully so because he's a heel. But then, Hideo Itami made his return, slapped the champ in the face and laid him out with a GTS. That was a nice reintroduction for Itami considering he's been dealing with injuries for the majority of his NXT run. So, it seems like we'll be getting Roode vs Itami at TakeOver: Chicago, which is fine by me.

- They set up Tyler Bate vs Jack Gallagher for the UK championship next week. Always wanted to see these two go at it, so I'm looking forward to it.

- They set up Drew McIntyre vs Andrade "Cien" Almas for next week. Looking forward to it, too!

- Andrade "Cien" Almas vs Danny Burch was a fine squash, it was exactly what it needed to be.

- There was a video package featuring Asuka's victory over Ember Moon at TakeOver: Orlando. And then the NXT women were putting Asuka and her title reign over, as well as saying they can be the one to finally beat her because she's getting overconfident.

- Liv Morgan & Aliyah vs Billie Kay & Peyton Royce was meh. There wasn't anything particularly good about this, it was boring. However, it's good that the babyfaces won, because Aliyah and Liv needed the win.

- Tye Dillinger vs Eric Young was a good ME. I don't like cage matches in general, but I liked this one because it was the culmination of Tye Dillinger's story, as well as his send-off from NXT. So, Tye winning was a feel-good moment.

All in all, the show was solid and had some fun moments. They also set up matches for next week, which is nice.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show this week. It was easy to watch and simply flew by.

- The opening segment with Nikki and Ruby brawling was fine.

- Roode's backstage promo was solid.

- McIntyre vs Almas was amusing enough given the time constraint. McIntyre brought some good intensity and looked good. On the other hand, they need to figure out what they want to do with Almas. He feels like just another guy right now.

- The video package for Roderick Strong was great. I love things like this and WWE is great at producing them. Looking forward to seeing more.

- Black vs Reeves was a fun squash. Man, I've really been enjoying Black's run so far. Seeing him destroy dudes with kicks is a treat.

- Ruby's backstage promo was solid.

- Ruby/Nikki brawl was good and much better than it was earlier on the show.

- Bate vs Gallagher was a good ME. This is a match I always wanted to see and I'm glad it happened and it didn't disappoint. It was entertaining. Post-match, Dunne, Mandrews, Seven and Wolfgang were shown in the front row as they continue to tease the UK show coming on the Network.

All in all, a fun show.

Reactions: Snowman1

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Unable to watch the most recent episode...

But I just watched the Cage match between Tye and EY, great match had good storytelling and I loved the ending.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Seen so much of Hideo Itami and still have 0 idea of what to think about the guy. Lol

He is Japanese and does hard kicks. What else is there to know?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I don't get the network anymore and the air timing here is weird so i never get to watch it because i'm busy or something. Only part of the network i miss tbh lol

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good and fun go-home show. Looking forward to NXT TakeOver: Chicago tomorrow!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show this week.

- The opening segment with Ciampa was good and he cut a pretty good promo as to why he turned on Gargano. It sucks he'll be out for a long time due to injury, though. Have a speedy recovery, Ciampa!

- Dunne vs Burch was good and fun given the time constraint. Dunne's only 23 and he's really something special, both Dunne and Bate are once in a generation talents, they simply get it. Looking forward to the weekly UK show that's coming soon.

- Bononi vs Almas was OK, I mean it was a fine continuation of the Almas angle. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

- Asuka will defend the NXT Women's title in an elimination match against Riot and Cross in two weeks' time.

- They showed footage of Itami's TakeOver loss and he was really pissed off as he should. He was tossing stuff around, then Ohno tried to calm him down, but he told him to fuck off. And then they showed the "earlier today" footage of Ohno and Itami making things up in the parking lot.

- Strong & Ohno vs EY & Wolfe was a good ME. The faces won and I also liked No Way Jose's return which came at the right time.

All in all, a good show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Solid show this week.

- Heavy Machinery vs Andrews & Sullivan was a decent squash. Sullivan destroying his tag partner post-match was fun.

- Strong/Roode was a good segment. Roode was being such a great asshole here.

- The AoP video package was nicely done. Obviously WWE can't go wrong with producing good video packages.

- Peyton vs Logan was OK.

- Itami vs Lorcan was fun. I liked the heel turn, Itami definitely needed it and Itami vs Ohno is going to be great!

- Dain vs Jose was a solid ME.