NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Also...Aleister Black is fighting Lars Sullivan at TakeOver Chicago?

Why?

Personally I don't "Get" Sullivan & he appears to have balance issues to
me...he always looks like he going to fall over after performing a move.

I'm curious to see how good this match can truly be...

If I even watch the show itself...

Dish Washing Liquid!

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can only hope you're right...

So...how is that Degree from the University of Stating
the Fucking Obvious going for you Snowman?

It's going pretty good! It even taught me how to use bad examples! :eek:tunga: They're doing so great making me a shit forumer!

Also...Aleister Black is fighting Lars Sullivan at TakeOver Chicago?

Why?

Personally I don't "Get" Sullivan & he appears to have balance issues to
me...he always looks like he going to fall over after performing a move.

I'm curious to see how good this match can truly be...

If I even watch the show itself...

Dish Washing Liquid!

This though... This...

The match will be a sleeper quality match, potentially pretty damn good, but NXT does NOT get a pass for this main roster bullshit.

We talk all the time - especially after Backlash - about how the main event should be a title match, because the title's the most important prize in the company.
Most the time WWE books something else to main event over the title match it's because it's a stronger story and a hotter match, or they want to go out on the hottest moment.
Problem is, the strongest story SHOULD BE GOING AFTER THE TITLE.
I understand Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa have the best feud going in years, and I love it. I'm okay with it main eventing, but that doesn't mean the WWE Title match should feel like an opener.
Right now that and Ricochet vs Dream for sure, I think Cross vs Shayna are all bigger matches than the NXT Title match, and that sucks!
Black's rarely on NXT TV unless he's used to push other storylines, and Lars coming out like "aye Regal said I'm #1 contender cool" just isn't right.
Gave us a cool moment and all but watching NXT give away championship matches makes me so sad. This brand became known for watching people work for shit.

I like Sullivan as a Strowman-type character but there's no future for him on the MR, so in theory him keeping the title warm so you can call up Aleister sounds good to me...
But you can't do that, why waste another championship win on Lars who doesn't have a built in great feud when Tommaso Ciampa will be an option later

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It's going pretty good! It even taught me how to use bad examples! They're doing so great making me a shit forumer!
Good for you...

This though... This...

The match will be a sleeper quality match, potentially pretty damn good, but NXT does NOT get a pass for this main roster bullshit.

We talk all the time - especially after Backlash - about how the main event should be a title match, because the title's the most important prize in the company.
Most the time WWE books something else to main event over the title match it's because it's a stronger story and a hotter match, or they want to go out on the hottest moment.
Problem is, the strongest story SHOULD BE GOING AFTER THE TITLE.
I understand Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa have the best feud going in years, and I love it. I'm okay with it main eventing, but that doesn't mean the WWE Title match should feel like an opener.
Right now that and Ricochet vs Dream for sure, I think Cross vs Shayna are all bigger matches than the NXT Title match, and that sucks!
Black's rarely on NXT TV unless he's used to push other storylines, and Lars coming out like "aye Regal said I'm #1 contender cool" just isn't right.
Gave us a cool moment and all but watching NXT give away championship matches makes me so sad. This brand became known for watching people work for shit.

I like Sullivan as a Strowman-type character but there's no future for him on the MR, so in theory him keeping the title warm so you can call up Aleister sounds good to me...
But you can't do that, why waste another championship win on Lars who doesn't have a built in great feud when Tommaso Ciampa will be an option later
Okay...so If I'm booking TakeOver Chicago...I'd have...(In order from Opener to Main Event)

The Undisputed Era vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch for the tag titles...
Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream...for #1 Contender spot for the North American title...
Adam Cole vs. Lars Sullivan for the North American title...
Shayna Baszler vs. Nikki Cross vs. Dakota Kai for the Women's title...
Aleister Black vs. EC3 for the NXT title...
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciamp...First Blood & Winner gets a shot at the NXT title...

But Hey...what would I know?

Dish Washing Liquid!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Well...Dakota of course...
Nikki wouldn't be a bad choice as well, tbh, but then again she needs to be on Smackdown with Sanity, whenever the hell they are going to appear.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Well...isn't that just amazing...

Adam Cole vs. Eric Young for the North American title
would have been a great match...but whatever...

Why am I still here?

Oh Yeah...I'm waiting for the MitB pay per view...
I agree Adam vs Eric would have been a great match.

Waiting for disappointment, aren't you?

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I'm going out with a bang so to speak...

Unless Asuka wins the title & Becky wins the MitB...
then I guess I'll stick around & keep randomly
posting Dish Washing Liquid...
So spraying dishwashing liquid everywhere, while ranting, right?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
No...I'm done with ranting...it doesn't achieve anything
& it gives me a headache...

And its worded "Dish Washing Liquid" Seth...get it right...
Technically it is worded as Dishwashing Liquid, so...yeah.