NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was decent.

The Authors of Pain vs 2 Jabronis was exactly what it needed to be, Carmella vs Tessa was OK for what it was, Joe's interview was good, TM61 vs Blake & Murphy was pretty solid, Andrade vs Dillinger was OK, but not as good as their TakeOver bout.

Oh, and :nakamura: vs :balor: is happening (probably at TakeOver: Back to Brooklyn). :yay:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wait... if Nakamura is challenging Balor for the title... then who is facing Joe? :hmm:

here right when I think they got all the great TNA guys here under contract. Lets get an Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization reunion, dammit!

hell Paul Ellering can cosplay as Christopher Daniels. Or you can just bring these two in, please and thank you. :)

Thought Andrade vs Tye was 20x better than the Takeover bout, but I don't know what I'm talking about lmao

Last edited:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Daniels and Kaz would be a sick addition to the roster, that is a heel tag team at it's finest Ladies and Gentlemen.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Wait... if Nakamura is challenging Balor for the title... then who is facing Joe? :hmm:

What if Naka vs Finn doesn't happen at TO: Brooklyn, though? But instead, they do it in a couple of weeks from now and then after he defeats Finn, Naka's officially the #1 contender...

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Glad my boys TMDK got their first win, and the constant references to TMDK is pretty funny.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Glad my boys TMDK got their first win, and the constant references to TMDK is pretty funny.

I really like what I've seen from them thus far.

And speaking of TMDK, their very first promo was: "We are the mighty... And the mighty don't kneel."

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
What if Naka vs Finn doesn't happen at TO: Brooklyn, though? But instead, they do it in a couple of weeks from now and then after he defeats Finn, Naka's officially the #1 contender...

They announced last night that Nakamura/Balor would be in 2 weeks (if I'm remembering correctly, might have been 3), on NXT rather than at Takeover. Obviously, this could be a set-up to a match at Takeover: Brooklyn or this could be the blowoff to their "feud", suggesting that at least one of them will be elsewhere that weekend.

I could see a couple of possibilities: 1) Balor puts Nakamura over on NXT and then goes on to debut on the main roster around SummerSlam while Nakamura challenges Joe for the title at Takeover, 2) the aforementioned set-up to another match at Takeover, 3) something I'm just not thinking about yet.

wk

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent episode this week.

- Oney Lorcan vs Tye Dillinger was a solid show opener. This was definitely a fun way to get Lorcan's first win, Tye is the perfect guy to make you look good.

- No Way Jose vs Josh Woods was OK. The post-match stuff where Aries came out and danced with Jose which led to Aries attacking him was good.

- Finn Bálor vs Shinsuke Nakamura in 3 weeks! :yay: I'm happy this is happening on NXT programming instead of at TakeOver: Back to Brooklyn. Or, they'll do something to set up another match at TakeOver (maybe a heel turn for Finn) which will be Finn's last NXT match. Idk, we'll see.

- Bayley vs Deonna was OK.

- Skipped Nia vs Liv.

- Nakamura vs Murphy was a decent ME. Granted it was another Nakamura squash, but I liked it. And I just love how the crowd sings along during Naka's entrance. It'll be a cool sight to see at WrestleMania.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They announced last night that Nakamura/Balor would be in 2 weeks (if I'm remembering correctly, might have been 3), on NXT rather than at Takeover. Obviously, this could be a set-up to a match at Takeover: Brooklyn or this could be the blowoff to their "feud", suggesting that at least one of them will be elsewhere that weekend.

I could see a couple of possibilities: 1) Balor puts Nakamura over on NXT and then goes on to debut on the main roster around SummerSlam while Nakamura challenges Joe for the title at Takeover, 2) the aforementioned set-up to another match at Takeover, 3) something I'm just not thinking about yet.

wk

Yeah, dude. Both option #1 and #2 are plausible scenarios to happen. #3 could be Joe vs Finn vs Naka for the title, but I would prefer if we got Naka vs Joe at TakeOver, so that Finn could finally debut on the main roster.

Snowman1

Reaction score
what was this guy... Roney... Orny Rorcan? Was that it? Or *scrolls up* Oney Lorcan! That's it! I'm just gonna call him Lonely Orcan right now because thats' what I heard at first. What kinda cheap knockoff K-mart version Lord of the Rings shit is Oney Lorcan, anyway? Sheesh change that now. BUT HE LOOKED COOL THOUGH! Found it interesting that despite just one DEVASTATING uppercut spot and a super sweet finish, this dude came across a billion times better than Cien did. Maybe it was the dead crowd or the low expectations of "some dude" vs "INTERNATIONAL SENSATION BILLION TIME CHAMP LA SOMBRA NOW UNMASKED". Meanwhile Tye Dillinger is JUST A FIVE AT BEST! *throws down papers* LOL. Now he's on a quest... to find himself... which will lead to more losses. TEN. Maybe he can get called up to Raw and get his "big win!" over like the Miz or someone while Buddy Murphy becomes the new jobber to the stars

so this is No Way Jose...

"Jose and Jos-B, the Lopez Brothers" may be my favorite line in wrestling history. 2:15

yeah pretty cool finish and all but I wasn't impressed. Maybe he'll be Adam Rose's replacement this week on Raw who knows but I LOVE NXT. Only on this show can we have 8 hours of terrible Austin Aries dancing and it can be the best part of the show hahaha. This went on so far after it reached the so bad it's good point. I mean you knew the attack was coming, but I thought he'd just jump him in the ring... nah, on the ring apron, the stairs? The ramp? What are we even LMAO. Hahahahahaha him choreographing turns so he can do his little discus forearm... I can't put into words how much I enjoyed this. And sure, maybe it was annoying to see the shitty Paige special of "submissions on other surfaces are extra painful!" bullshit, but holy crap IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF LITTLE IZZY ARIES YOU MONSTER. We should have an Izzy cam for 99% of wrestling segments or any other little 8 year old where it's still real to them, dammit! I've seen 10,000 pro wrestling beatdowns and 9,000 better than this but Izzy was in SO MUCH SHOCK AND PAIN FROM ARIES TRYING TO BREAK NO WAY JOSE-B... *chuckles*. Then Aries let go of the Chancery and an unconscious NWJ bonked his head on the steel and it all made sense in the end! :yay: This segment = thumbs up.

OMG Buddy Murphy being the most generic dude ever interrupting Shinsuke Nakamura wearing a weird ass Almost an American Flag shirt from the 70's and cowboy boots and speaking in his castrated Brock Lesnar voice saying 'You face... king... of strong style" and awkwardly posing and slowly walking off camera was the thing I needed in my life and never knew. LOL

Backstage, Carmella and Alexa were annoying (although Alexa was totally right here), then BAYLEY ANNOUNCED HER RETURN YAY and Deonna came out and I pointed and laughed Nelson-style and fast-forwarded through the match :)

HOLY SHIT. Nia's usually the most awkward wrestler - she's often WAY too stiff in the ring with her power moves, and the other times she's so worried that she's going to hurt someone that she's Big Show levels of light, but she's getting faster and more confident but damn does that problem remain and I don't even know how to feel about it or where that balance is, but the first and last moves of the match had me jump out of my chair. Poor Liv Morgan is feeling that one BIG time. Maybe it was just a good sell but that powerbomb looked like it broke that girl in half!... but this isn't leading to anything anyway. Hey, more Liv will definitely be a good thing! Looking forward to when she's TV ready, seems like one hell of an athlete so far!

Never mind, my favorite thing on NXT is "Anyone who sucks gets a one way ticket to Kinshasha City, Bitch! Courtesy of the King of Strong Style! THAT WAS SO DAMN SATISFYING. Snickers is changing it's name to Shinsuke. I enjoyed this SO MUCH MORE than Nak vs Aries! That massive forearm right to the face, knee strike to the gut and three kicks to chop him down and freaking WRECKING with a series of knee strikes and a Boma Ye and it felt DONE. MORE NAKAMURA SQUASHES! PLEASE! THESE ARE WONDERFUL!

Good show this week, if you like the usual NXT affair.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
That review was more entertaining than half of what TNA puts on the air these days.

Except, of course, for.....BROTHAAAH NNNEEEEEEROOOOO!

wk

Snowman1

Reaction score
That review was more entertaining than half of what TNA puts on the air these days.

Except, of course, for.....BROTHAAAH NNNEEEEEEROOOOO!

wk

Wellllll... Russo would have been so proud of that Aries segment.

Despite being a clear as day angle it turned into a swerve, where they swerved us into thinking they were swerving us and then swerved us by going with the original plan.

A thing of beauty. Perfect for reviews.

:eek:tunga:

Last edited:

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Wellllll... Russo would have been so proud of that Aries segment.

Despite being a clear as day angle it turned into a swerve, where they swerved us into thinking they were swerving us and then swerved us by going with the original plan.

A thing of beauty. Perfect for reviews.

:eek:tunga:

How dare you, sir!

There's no way Russo could have created such intricacy!

:russo:

wk

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was decent.

- Alexa vs Carmella was a pretty solid show opener. It's been a while since the last time I enjoyed the work from both ladies involved.

- Andrade vs Noah was an OK squash. Andrade is a high-flyer, right? He should be given something better as a finisher instead of that running dick to the face.

- A Double's promo was good!

- The Naka/Finn stuff was a'ight.

- Gargano & Ciampa vs The Hype Bros was a rock solid ME. Dug the post-match stuff with AA/Revival/Gargano & Ciampa/Authors of Pain, too.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh, and I loved this, BTW.
tumblr_o9k61pNbof1u1ljrzo1_500.gif