NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
THIS WEEK ON NXT TV:

- Asuka vs Eva Marie was an okay show opener. Was hoping this to be around 3 minutes long and Asuka would kick Eva's ass, but nah. It was 10 minutes long and it was okay for what it was. Eva still sucks, though.

- Footage of Bálor vs Joe from Lowell, MA is aired. The highlights didn't feature anything special, but the reaction towards Joe's win was nuts. We also got to see Joe's interview after the match.

- The Revival vs Jeff Parker & Matt Lee was a pretty fun squash. The Revival were upset and beat the shit out of Parker. Lee was fucking hilarious on the apron, but eventually The Revival beat the shit out of him, too!

- The Hype Bros vs Blake & Murphy was okay. The Hype Bros get the win and The Revival attack them after the match.

- Carmella vs Aliyah sucked.

- Nakamura vs Samson was fun to watch. The Drifter got a little offense in, but this was mostly a Nakamura showcase, as you'd expect.

All in all, a decent show this week.

Aster Davis

Jobber
Reaction score
So are they doing the Asuka and Bayley rematch or they going straight into the Asuka and Nia Jax feud?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent episode this week.

The opening segment w/ Joe and EY was fine.

Angry Dash and Dawson are fun.

Aries vs Dillinger was fun given the time constraint. Probably the first Aries match I've really enjoyed since his arrival in NXT.

Joe vs EY was a solid ME. Also, the "You come at the king, you best not miss" reference made by Graves was awesome. It definitely should become a thing/catchphrase for Joe's title reign.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well this thread isn't very lively eh.
Just about through this week's episode. On the main event now actually.
NXT is a decent show overall. I'm a fan of shorter matches. Think they should be done more often on the main roster too. Some of their matches are long...way too long at times.

One question I have after looking up the nxt arena or whatever it's called. The training centre. It says it's not open to the public. Only select people. So is it an acted crowd to put certain people over, or...? I'm just not sure why it wouldn't be open to the public.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent episode this week.

The opener was a'ight, American Alpha vs Hollis & Skyler was a fun squash, Nakamura kicking Riley's ass was beautiful, Bliss vs Ellering was meh, and Bálor vs Samson was a fine squash.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
THIS WEEK ON NXT TV:

- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs TM-61 was a good and fun show opener. Impressive debut for The Mighty Don't Kneel.

- Both Samoa Joe/Finn Bálor video packages were good.

- Bayley's interview was OK.

- Andrade "Cien" Almas video package was pretty cool.

- Austin Aries/Shinsuke Nakamura segment was a'ight. LOL'd at Nakamura saying he doesn't understand himself either. Hyped for their match at TakeOver.

- American Alpha interview was good.

- No Way Jose vs The mixture of Mark Haskins and Marty Scurll Jonathan Oregon was OK for what it was.

- Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss vs Carmella was a solid ME.

All in all, a solid episode.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
CkrQhp6WgAAi8YT.jpg

In. Fucking. Shape

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Had a small beer gut during the DA TNA run, got so bad he pulled a Storm and went to tights.