No More Happy Endings - Once Upon a Time Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
I agree on the latter point. That said, it felt to me like most people wanted to get their say in on it (when they didn't really need to) rather than it be scum looking for ways to draw it out. The first 13 pages felt mostly wasteful actually
It might be worth going back later and reading it over and seeing who felt like they needed to get their say on it. I did feel frustrated reading the start of this game as well as having to witness a fight right off the bat. Kind of draining for me considering recent experiences.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Let's answer that by looking through the 3 options:
  1. Mafia is prolonging the dumb Lethal/Jeff argument in order to harm town - subtle bit of shade on everyone involved in the argument, implying that one or more of Lethal/Jeff/myself is scum so town will vote among us and probably hit at least 2/3 town.
  2. Lethal is trying to get voted up - we don't benefit from Jester spec at this early stage, it's just a distraction.
  3. This is all just town/town D1 fodder - obvious ass coverage "there could be, or there could not be", trying to seem noncommittal for later.
All 3 options, though discussion points they may be, are inherently non-productive (and serve to further scum's cause in the first two cases), and not distinguishing between them is somehow worse than committing to one of them. That's the full explanation

You've done two things in the space of 26 posts. One was the three theories, which I've gone into. The second is that post where you shaded people with low posts just for having low posts. Even setting aside the issue of excluding Ekko, this is just trying to get pressure anywhere no matter what and isn't towny
@Sister Abigail

Reactions: Sister Abigail

Pendex

Reaction score
It might be worth going back later and reading it over and seeing who felt like they needed to get their say on it. I did feel frustrated reading the start of this game as well as having to witness a fight right off the bat. Kind of draining for me considering recent experiences.
Agreed.

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
Probably about a 6.

I’ve said that you aren’t the option for me ahead of Pendex because I can see why you want to vote for Sky, as you hinted towards earlier and have now elaborated on. Whereas I don’t think Pendex’s reasoning holds up very well at all.

The main thing pulling you away from town for me is the refusal to discuss anything other than who you want to lynch and the adamancy to just do what you say. You’ve not been open to discussing wider play and I view that as unhelpful and not conducive to town’s goals, as already stated.

I think you’re being combative for an unknown reason (are you still holding a grudge about the fake slip a few games ago?), I’m not the one to hold grudges and I’m definitely not the one to get in a flaming argument in thread because that’s just not my bag. I’ve got all the patience in the world to deal with this so keep it coming if that’s how you want it to be.
I'm really not sure how you're reading Tpein a six out of ten right now? I'll be honest, Tpein's posts have barely made a blip to me (at this point of my read through) and I think you are being unfair to his slot. Even when he asked me to vote Sky, I thought nothing of it because that's something he's done a million times.

I feel like if you minus the first fifteen pages full of Lethal versus Jeff, there hasn't been a lot to interact with or discuss. This game is just getting started and I'm not sure why it seems like your chomping on the bit here about this.

I don't like this referral to past grudges. Tpein is better than that.

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
I'm really not sure how you're reading Tpein a six out of ten right now? I'll be honest, Tpein's posts have barely made a blip to me (at this point of my read through) and I think you are being unfair to his slot. Even when he asked me to vote Sky, I thought nothing of it because that's something he's done a million times.

I feel like if you minus the first fifteen pages full of Lethal versus Jeff, there hasn't been a lot to interact with or discuss. This game is just getting started and I'm not sure why it seems like your chomping on the bit here about this.

I was trying to see if he would sus me if I sussed him and he did .
Kek.

• Haha

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't miss it, I just guess I didn't connect it to you sussing Juice? That post made me give you some townie posts. When Juice made that post, I didn't think twice about it. Do you think wolf Juice holds enough power for town to look at that post and feel the need to discuss those things and be distracted? I mean, I do remember that people did respond (who was it?) but for me, I just completely glanced over it. What did you think of Juice giving out a list of low posters and saying there's scum in there?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I strongly feel like I've done the former more than the latter, and I actually find your contention here to be mostly semantics. For clarity, the "words I'm putting into your mouth" where me saying that you added your 2 cents into the Sky vote thing and then said "but I don't know if Sky does this normally", when you actually said "albeit I don't know Sky". Me drawing what I did from it just looks obvious to me, if you can't see that then we're at an impasse.
Again, I said I’d never played with Sky. Nothing about knowing them or knowing how they play. What I said is implicit that I don’t know them or how they play, of course, but the main point of the post was to say that I agreed with the discourse that the vote was clearly a joke, which everyone (apart from Lethal at the time) agreed with.

I think we are at an impasse on your interpretation of that post, and your treatment of it. When you say things like “he said X”, that’s not an expression of you interpretation of the post. That’s you quoting what I said, which you did not several times.

Notwithstanding, none of this explains away why you said that I waited for someone else to comment on it before commenting myself. I explained the timings of my posts which you’ve not commented on.

You also have not discussed any of my play or posts in between the post you initially quoted any my input on the Juice list. This is relevant as at one point you presented it as such that was my only involvement in the game.

At the moment I feel like you are backtracking on what you were initially putting out there. You initial reasoning was weak to your admission but why then did you add on the aforementioned as a means to justify it when challenged?

Also at no point did you ask me what I meant. My initial defence when I first dignified this with a response explaining what I meant after you misquoted.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

Well 5 is neutral? Where should I have him?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't miss it, I just guess I didn't connect it to you sussing Juice? That post made me give you some townie posts. When Juice made that post, I didn't think twice about it. Do you think wolf Juice holds enough power for town to look at that post and feel the need to discuss those things and be distracted? I mean, I do remember that people did respond (who was it?) but for me, I just completely glanced over it. What did you think of Juice giving out a list of low posters and saying there's scum in there?
It's really not a matter of how much power Juice has, it's just a question of intentions

As for the last question I think I made it clear in the second post I quoted, it feels like trying to divert pressure and a cheap attempt to get an inactive townie out of the way

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

He also was the one to bring up the fake slip first and has been outwardly antagonistic towards me, I’m just trying to play the game.

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
Well 5 is neutral? Where should I have him?
OH, that's how your scale works. I thought it was like, just 1-10 scum ratings, not town to scum.

Where exactly do you think Tpein has been aggressive to you? Would you say you're giving his slot a fair read if you're already talking about grudges?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I said scummy from 1 to 10.

1 being less scummy and 10 being very.
Well 1 is not scummy at all, 10 being very. That’s how I read it and that’s how I answered it.

If you actually read my explanation then you’d see that I actually offered a balanced view.

Pendex

Reaction score
I think we are at an impasse on your interpretation of that post, and your treatment of it. When you say things like “he said X”, that’s not an expression of you interpretation of the post. That’s you quoting what I said, which you did not several times.
And I've explained why I took it that way. Next.
Notwithstanding, none of this explains away why you said that I waited for someone else to comment on it before commenting myself. I explained the timings of my posts which you’ve not commented
I said "sorry, I missed some posts" and then responded to the one I think I missed. You explicitly noted yourself that you didn't address it, and that you had concerns about being accused of OMGUS, yes? From my perspective, I see you ignore it, and then when someone else begins pressing it, you stop ignoring it.
You also have not discussed any of my play or posts in between the post you initially quoted any my input on the Juice list. This is relevant as at one point you presented it as such that was my only involvement in the game.
Did I say it was all you did? Because if not, then you've invented this position of mine. It's the behaviour I felt was worthy of comment, the rest didn't leave enough of an impression to feel like I could read you from it.
At the moment I feel like you are backtracking on what you were initially putting out there. You initial reasoning was weak to your admission but why then did you add on the aforementioned as a means to justify it when challenged?
This has always been my reasoning, you are just now beginning to understand it. As the conversation developed, the initial point became less important, because the initial point was just that - a starting point to get something going.

You're not establishing much of a motive here for me either. If what I'm arguing is obviously nonsense, what exactly am I doing?