NFL Offseason Thread [2019]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Sucks for all those players who just get kinda dropped.

I'd imagine the NFL will sign a few guys at least. I thought this maybe had a chance to be a way to have football during the off-season but I guess not. XFL has even less of a chance of succeeding.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Sucks for all those players who just get kinda dropped.

I'd imagine the NFL will sign a few guys at least. I thought this maybe had a chance to be a way to have football during the off-season but I guess not. XFL has even less of a chance of succeeding.

I used to always say the Nashville Titans because in my home city, that's what they're known as here in Knoxville, not many people consider the Titans the home team here. But... having this regional-based football league really seemed to be the answer for places like this one. When you're seeing a pseudo college all-star team face off against other all-star teams you seem a little more invested in the Memphis Express going up against the Birmingham Iron.

As you say it sucks for the players though. I wonder how many players will see impressive film, if we get one Cameron Wake or Kurt Warner out of this it'll almost be worth it.

shit maybe Seattle should sign trent richardson, he showed so much prowess running the ball in from the 1

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
So what are you guys hoping for your team to pick in the first round?

I'm still convinced finding a solid replacement for Khalil Mack should be priority one for the Raiders. This drafted is absolutely stacked with good defensive linemen but the good ones are gonna go really early. Speculation is all over the place that they're going QB first, and I'm gonna be pretty pissed if that's true. If they draft any QB that isn't a mid-round guy to groom into a backup for Carr, I don't know how much more I can take. Raiders have done some stupid things over the years but I'm not sure they'd be able to top this. I still remember them passing up Michael Crabtree to draft Darrius Heyward-Bey because he was faster only to release him once they'd figured out he couldn't catch a damn ball. Then eventually getting Crabtree and releasing him to sign Jordy Nelson. Ugh.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
I was just reading about what would have happened had the Cowboys taken Manziel... Not only would that have screwed the Cowboys out of the random awesome Demarco Murray year, and Zeke's dominance behind Zack Martin, but Cleveland likely would have grabbed Bridgewater and left the Vikings to trade up for Derek Carr, which... Goodness gracious Carr as a Viking sounds lethal. On THAT offense??

I wonder how it would have impacted the Raiders though. Maybe they would have got Prescott, but assuming they didn't how would history have changed?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I was just reading about what would have happened had the Cowboys taken Manziel... Not only would that have screwed the Cowboys out of the random awesome Demarco Murray year, and Zeke's dominance behind Zack Martin, but Cleveland likely would have grabbed Bridgewater and left the Vikings to trade up for Derek Carr, which... Goodness gracious Carr as a Viking sounds lethal. On THAT offense??

I wonder how it would have impacted the Raiders though. Maybe they would have got Prescott, but assuming they didn't how would history have changed?
Carr going to the Vikings would have been insane. Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson (problems catching the ball aside), and Kyle Rudolph to throw to. A QB with a great arm like that probably would have seen Adam Thielen get more use so there's a fourth target. O-line was solid. Would have been a dangerous Vikings team.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I think Carr would have immediately started on the Vikings as well. When they drafted Bridgewater they had Matt Cassel and Christian Ponder. Bridgewater only started because Cassel got injured.

Snowman1

Reaction score
So what are you guys hoping for your team to pick in the first round?

I'm still convinced finding a solid replacement for Khalil Mack should be priority one for the Raiders. This drafted is absolutely stacked with good defensive linemen but the good ones are gonna go really early. Speculation is all over the place that they're going QB first, and I'm gonna be pretty pissed if that's true. If they draft any QB that isn't a mid-round guy to groom into a backup for Carr, I don't know how much more I can take. Raiders have done some stupid things over the years but I'm not sure they'd be able to top this. I still remember them passing up Michael Crabtree to draft Darrius Heyward-Bey because he was faster only to release him once they'd figured out he couldn't catch a damn ball. Then eventually getting Crabtree and releasing him to sign Jordy Nelson. Ugh.

To answer this... Remember hearing about D-HB's drafting on sports radio back in the day, they said they really expected him to open up McFadden in the run game, saying his speed is so good that no matter what flaws he has the defenders have to double-cover him... Yeah, great analysis there.

QB first, many Raiders vets quit last year lol. That was such a tank of a season that why wouldn't you expect a Carr rebound with better talent around him, although now you don't have Osemele so you have... what, 3 good linemen I think? And with Brown/WIlliams and even Ryan Grant signed, I'd trust Carr over a draft pick and it isn't even close

Baltimore... BPA. Different picking in the twenties, but if you stick a gun to my head... either the best LG in the draft, or the best pass rusher available. Hell, I'd consider making a big move up for elite pass rushing talent. While our WR group is ass juice (and atm you can't rely on a free agent to want to run-block constantly) I'd rather add strength to strength, but either way we can hope they pan out and leave us to hope to dominate the post-Brady AFC.

Carr going to the Vikings would have been insane. Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson (problems catching the ball aside), and Kyle Rudolph to throw to. A QB with a great arm like that probably would have seen Adam Thielen get more use so there's a fourth target. O-line was solid. Would have been a dangerous Vikings team.

That would have been so terrifying indeed. Back then it was nice, but looking now at Diggs/Thielen/Treadwell/Rudolph/Cook around Carr... geez. And without the Cousins contract they could pay some OL and keep them around...

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Gruden, What the fuck are you doing? What in the actual fuck are you doing?

I hoped for the unlikely scenario of trading up to get Nick Bosa. That didn't happen, so I was like okay, they're gonna pick Josh Allen because he's the second best pass rusher in the draft.

And they draft Clelin Ferrell who isn't all that impressive and is very injury prone. God. Dammit.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Raiders, what the fuck are you doing?

B-Wiz, I just saw how Ed Oliver and Josh Allen have the same agent Khalil Mack has... I don't care lmao.

In New Ozzie we trust. Ravens still teaching y'all how to do this. Let the Eagles get a 4th starting caliber tackle and we get picks and the best WR in the draft. Maybe Decosta can do one right

Last edited:

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I can't get mad at the Raiders drafting Josh Jacobs. Quite happy with that pick, Marshawn Lynch is probably retiring again and I think he's the best RB in the draft.

But still, what the fuck at that first pick.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the strategy for the Vikings is gonna be keep drafting OL players that they can sign to relatively cheap rookie contracts until they don't have to overpay Kirk Cousins anymore. Still a weird pick though because they don't need a center. Pat Elflein is like... the one beacon of hope on that line right now.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
I can't get mad at the Raiders drafting Josh Jacobs. Quite happy with that pick, Marshawn Lynch is probably retiring again and I think he's the best RB in the draft.

But still, what the fuck at that first pick.

I can.
Josh Allen 4
Trade up to 21 to take Ferrell
Josh Jacobs with the last pick

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I can.
Josh Allen 4
Trade up to 21 to take Ferrell
Josh Jacobs with the last pick
The fact that they jumped on a guy they still could have gotten later in the round is rough. It would make a lot of sense to move up and end up with a double attack pass rush and safety isn't a huge concern that needed to be addressed like a good edge rusher and a RB. They could have done a lot more, but one thing I've learned being a Raiders fan is expect nothing so you can't be that disappointed and when they do something good you're pleasantly surprised.

I think the one thing keeping me somewhat grounded is they didn't draft a QB.