NFL Offseason Thread [2019]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
We stole him lmao.

OL still needs work, DL still needs work, and a good RB is necessary but now having probably the best WR in the league is gonna go a long way.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
We stole him lmao.

OL still needs work, DL still needs work, and a good RB is necessary but now having probably the best WR in the league is gonna go a long way.
I got on Madden last night and offered the Steelers Amari Cooper, a 3rd, and a 5th, for Antonio Brown and a 1st.

They turned it down

• Haha
Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
That's a little sad when the front office of the Steelers in the game makes better decisions than the one IRL.

The hubby is sad. Suggs is his favorite current player and he's gone to the Cardinals now. Not happy about CJ Mosley either. I'm still just happy to have AB on the team now.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Suggs definitely hurts. He's been such a spectacular force for so long, watching him go is like the last piece of the Lewis/Reed era going with him. See you in Canton, buddy.

Mosely... There's very few smart teams in free agency and that includes the Jets lol, I'm okay watching us get outbid for him. His name is bigger than his game, we can find a new run-stuffing linebacker behind out monsterous DL making his life easy. Can definitely see him being exposed in NY

But man, Weddle too... We should have kept him. Maybe it would have kicked us out of the Leveon sweepstakes but it's not like we're spending that money

Plus the Browns scare me. Obviously. How the hell does Gettleman still have a job?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I think the Ravens will be okay. It looks scary to lose four starters from the number 1 ranked defense, but they've always had a smart office and generally made good moves.

On the Raiders side of things, not sure how I feel about Trent Brown. He looked good, but the Patriots tend to be able to make any offensive lineman look good. He did pretty much nothing for the 49ers, and the Patriots have maybe the best OL coach in the league. Tom Cable might not have worked out too well for us as a head coach, but he's a pretty good OL coach if you look at what he did in Seattle. Granted he had a lot of talent to work with, but still.

And now he has to contest with Gruden, who makes... questionable decisions.

Reactions: Red Rain

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
There is so much hype around the Browns some man was screaming and running down the street in celebration and got the cops called on him. :dawg:

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
There is so much hype around the Browns some man was screaming and running down the street in celebration and got the cops called on him. :dawg:

But will its reputation as the Factory of Sadness continue if the hype is not met?

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns

Offense: QB Baker Mayfield, WR Jarvis Landry, WR OBJ, TE David Njoku, RB Nick Chubb, RB Kareem Hunt..

Defense: Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson...

and the offseason isn't even over yet.

The Browns will be 12-4 or better this coming season and they will make it deep into the playoffs.. AFC Championship game at least.. possibly the SB.

They are going to be that good. Period.

Browns just officially became my 2nd favorite team... I was on the fence with them for a while.. I just got pushed over the fence.

Reactions: Snowman1

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've always thought it meant the end times were coming when the Browns could either win the AFC North or make it to the playoffs.

Guess we'll see if I'm right. They're going to be a threat. Ravens are rebuilding, Steelers are hurting a bit, it never matters how much talent the Bengals have, if they make it to the playoffs they always lose. Can't wait to see how many people have "always been" a Cleveland Browns fan.

Which leads me to an interesting question I've seen asked around, when is it okay to change your favorite team? Never? Whenever you feel like? If the front office is so egregiously stupid and has no hope whatsoever? With the exception of the team completely ceasing to exist one day for whatever reason, I became a Raiders fan right when I got into football, I will die a Raiders fan. But my next choice would be the Vikings. I was born and raised in NFC North territory, so I've gotten to see a lot of the Vikings and have always enjoyed watching them play over the years.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Also Antonio Brown's trade overshadowed the fact that we picked up Tyrell Williams from the Chargers, who is a solid deep threat receiver in the vein of Coop.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I've always thought it meant the end times were coming when the Browns could either win the AFC North or make it to the playoffs.

Guess we'll see if I'm right. They're going to be a threat. Ravens are rebuilding, Steelers are hurting a bit, it never matters how much talent the Bengals have, if they make it to the playoffs they always lose. Can't wait to see how many people have "always been" a Cleveland Browns fan.

Which leads me to an interesting question I've seen asked around, when is it okay to change your favorite team? Never? Whenever you feel like? If the front office is so egregiously stupid and has no hope whatsoever? With the exception of the team completely ceasing to exist one day for whatever reason, I became a Raiders fan right when I got into football, I will die a Raiders fan. But my next choice would be the Vikings. I was born and raised in NFC North territory, so I've gotten to see a lot of the Vikings and have always enjoyed watching them play over the years.

Personally, I'd say surrogate favorite teams in situations like these are fine. When you're watching the Andrew Walter and Jamarcus Russell-era Raiders and want to cheer for the Vikings, who could blame you? What makes you a "real fan" is when you're catching the Vikings game and notice your Raiders take a 14-0 lead on the Chargers and at least wanna go turn on RZ instead. No matter how bleak things look, you're still silver and black first and foremost.

Wouldn't call the Ravens rebuilding quite yet, but the film is out on Lamar. Hopefully for the first time in a decade we have a quarterback who gives enough of a shit and is enough of a leader to practice with his receivers and improves as a passer, if that happens none of these losses on D really matter.

And thank you Cincinnati for still giving us 2 easy wins a year

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Exactly, Raiders are top priority for me and always have been. Even during... those days.

I bought a Jamarcus Russell jersey.

It's kinda mind boggling to me how many Ravens fans were actually upset about Flacco being traded. He had a good year because how could you not with that roster? And then they paid him a bunch of money and he underperformed.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Also Antonio Brown's trade overshadowed the fact that we picked up Tyrell Williams from the Chargers, who is a solid deep threat receiver in the vein of Coop.

May you pray that AB isn't a cancer like he was in Pittsburgh.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Which leads me to an interesting question I've seen asked around, when is it okay to change your favorite team?
I have always heard you can change your favorite as long as you are doing for the right reason such as you have watched more of a certain teams games, like the Vikings in your example, and began to like them more, you hate the people who are running the team, or your love for them has just faded. That is what I have always heard and seen among forums and such, but the main thing is that you never jump from your favorite team to a bandwagon team like the Patriots.

Also, I kind of now these feeling as I was a die hard Raiders fan, but soon I began to like them less and less and became a Pittsburgh fan. Though now, I don't watch NFL at all.