NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
lol Delhomme over Garcia? REALLY?

What a way to throw away your season. Sign the biggest fucking interception machine in recent memory. God, I hope for the Texans' sake that TJ Yates does well because just about any team is screwed with Delhomme. The guy lost his confidence a long, LONG time ago.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
atleast we all know how their first playoff game will go.

vbookie shot do a bet on how meny picks he will throw that game

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Haha, I don't think he should get the start this week. Guy is completely clueless, no idea why the Texans went with him.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Firing Del Rio was smart gives the interim coach a shot to take the full time job. When a team would fire the coach in the offseason anyway are are not playoff contenders going to an interim coach makes sense.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If Jake starts I'm picking up whatever defense they're going up against in fantasy football.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Why so much hate? I mean Jake was God awful in that playoff game and the year after it, but career wise he was decent. For a late season signing for a team desperate for a QB it's not that bad.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I always thought the guy was a one season wonder and wasn't all that good. Out of the qb's they could have gotten that wasn't a good choice imo.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Eagles quarterback Michael Vick and wide receiver Jeremy Maclin have been ruled out for Philadelphia's Thursday-night matchup with the Seattle Seahawks.

Vick progressed on Tuesday, throwing on the sidelines for the first time since injuring his ribs in a Week 10 game vs. the Cardinals. His absence means quarterback Vince Young will make his third straight start for the 4-7 Eagles. oung threw for 400 yards and one touchdown with one interception in last Sunday's 38-20 loss to the New England Patriots.

Maclin, like Vick, has missed the Eagles' last two games with hamstring and shoulder issues, though coach Andy Reid said Maclin's hamstring injury is of greater concern

NFL.com

Good thing i sent Vick to PHX in fantasy. I'd be dead at QB if i didn't.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Firing Del Rio was smart gives the interim coach a shot to take the full time job. When a team would fire the coach in the offseason anyway are are not playoff contenders going to an interim coach makes sense.

The Monday night game is going to be nuts. Apparently there were people calling into the ticket offices saying that they wouldn't buy tickets until Del Rio was canned. I have to imagine that the Jags are going to beat San Diego...Chargers look even more lost than the Jags do. Mel Tucker has been a great coach this season and these moves have got to energize the team for the stretch run.

First Garrard, now Del Rio, and Gene is handed the keys. I'm personally excited to see the direction of this team.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, i was reading that Rob Ryan of your Cowboys might be on the Jags radar for a permanent head coach position.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
NFL.com

Good thing i sent Vick to PHX in fantasy. I'd be dead at QB if i didn't.
lol I pretty much only got him from u in case he does heal up and ready to play in time for fantasy playoffs if I make it in the last spot for it. Victor Cruz is mostly what I did the trade for which thankfully dude was a damn beast last game. Great trade for u tho in a sense of that being the QB u were having to depend on but got Ben now

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
He'll probably start next week, And i needed a legit QB as i only had Matt Hasselback as a back up lmao.

Also

As Jacksonville begins its search for the team's next head coach after sending Jack Del Rio packing, one name reportedly is picking up steam.

"The Jaguars ... need someone who can sell tickets," ESPN's John Clayton reported Tuesday. "Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Rob Ryan is reportedly near the top of the list."
ESPN.com

Killswitch

Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan I hope that isn't true Rob Ryan is a great DC for us, I hope we have a good ending to our season and that keeps him with us for another season.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I think he'd make an awesome head coach, but i agree with you. The Jags are in a rebuilding phase right now. The Cowboys have something good going right now that's going to lead to bigger and better things for that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.