NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Go Saints.

That is all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guess what name came up as for who the Texans could sign. Bret Fucking Farve. Not this shit again smh.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Really don't see it happening, but everybody keeps talking about. Brought it up on ESPN and NFL network today.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Me either but I'm pretty much burnt on Bret talk for a life time.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Haha. I read Jeff Garcia could be an option as well. But honestly think they'll stick with what they have.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They were saying that stuff about Favre last night even before the late game.

Somehow I just don't see him coming back to assist the Houston Fucking Texans so late in the season. I would laugh my ass of if it did happen, but it won't.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The Texans reportedly had workouts with Trent Edwards, Jeff Garcia, & Sage Rosenfels.

When asked about Brett Favre, Gary Kubiak said something along the lines of, he wouldn't rule anyone out, but then he changed the subject and said all he's focused on is working with T.J. Yates.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jeff Garcia would be a smart pick up in my opinion but I think Sage played for the Texans before so they'll probably get him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
They also brought in Jake Delhomme for a work out.

And SO the Giants got killed last night.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars have fired longtime head coach Jack Del Rio, a team source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Del Rio informed his coaching staff of the decision on Tuesday, according to the source. He told them that Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver has ideas about how to proceed, but Del Rio was uncertain who would replace him.

A source told NFL Network's Albert Breer that defensive coordinator Mel Tucker will take over as interim head coach. Tucker joined the Jaguars in 2009 following four seasons as an assistant with the Cleveland Browns. Breer said the Jaguars have a news conference scheduled for noon ET.

The second head coach in team history, Del Rio's job security had been tenuous since Weaver said the coach needed to make the playoffs this year to secure a 10th season in Jacksonville. The Jaguars were essentially eliminated with Sunday's 20-13 loss to Houston.

Following the game Weaver was asked if a decision had been made on Del Rio's coaching future.

"Now is not the time," Weaver said Sunday. "That's for another day."The Jaguars, who are struggling to sell tickets, host a Monday night game against San Diego.

Hired by the Jaguars in 2003, Del Rio finishes his career in Jacksonville with a 69-73 overall record, including a 1-2 mark in the postseason. His team hasn't made the playoffs since 2007, when Jacksonville finished 11-5 and qualified as a wild card.

The Jaguars didn't win the AFC South in any of his nine seasons.

Weaver considered firing Del Rio after last season, but kept him partly because of the uncertainty surrounding the NFL lockout. Weaver refused to give contract extensions to any of Del Rio's assistants, putting everyone on alert that this was a win-or-else season.

Del Rio refused to let offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and linebackers coach Mark Duffner interview for lateral positions. He couldn't stop quarterbacks coach Mike Shula, whose contract ended, and receivers coach Todd Monken, who returned to a college job at Oklahoma State, from bolting.Given the situation, the pool of coaches wanting to come to Jacksonville was small, so Del Rio had few options while rebuilding his staff. Del Rio hinted this season that his hands were tied in terms of what he could do to assemble the best staff.

Fans have been clamoring for his departure for years, with many calling for him to be fired following a 5-11 finish in 2008. Instead, Weaver parted ways with personnel chief James "Shack" Harris and selected Gene Smith the general manager.

Smith has rebuilt the roster over the last three years. But the Jaguars have shown no progress under Del Rio's leadership

NFL.com

No surprise here at all, in my opinion they need to relocate that team and start all over.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP)—Ndamukong Suh’s stomp will cost him two games without pay. It may cost the Lions more than that.

The NFL suspended Detroit’s All-Pro defensive tackle on Tuesday for roughing up a Green Bay Packers player in front of a national television audience during a loss on Thanksgiving Day.

Suh will miss Sunday night’s game at New Orleans and a Dec. 11 home game against Minnesota, with the Lions desperately trying to keep pace in the NFC. He won’t be reinstated until Dec. 12.
YahooSports.com

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.—The Jacksonville Jaguars have reached an agreement to sell the small-market franchise to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan.

Majority owner Wayne Weaver made the announcement Tuesday, hours after he fired coach Jack Del Rio and gave general manager Gene Smith a three-year contract extension. He said Khan will have 100 percent control of the team.

Weaver called Khan “a great American success story” and said the Pakistan-born entrepreneur will keep the team in Jacksonville.

Khan is the owner and CEO of the Flex-N-Gate Group based in Urbana, Ill. Khan had been a candidate to buy controlling interest in the St. Louis Rams last year.

The sale of the franchise and the firing of Del Rio are the city’s most significant news since the team’s inception in 1993.
ESPN.com

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Del Rio being fired just seemed long overdue really so this comes to of no surprise to me.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Jake Delhomme will sign with the Houston Texans

but why fire Del Rio with 5 games left?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
No clue, if they were going to fire him i would've waited until the off-season. It's not like some new coach can come in to their team wave a magic wand and switch their record from 3-8 to 8-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.