NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Same here. But then again maybe he doesn't appeal to me as much as some other people do being that well I am a white/mexican dude and not a black dude lol

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Same here. But then again maybe he doesn't appeal to me as much as some other people do being that well I am a white/mexican dude and not a black dude lol
Smoking weed, stealing smurfs's wives, cars, flying on jets, having exclusive sneakers and clothes, partying, being so sprung off females, rapping about different flavored blunts, etc.

But Wiz be rapping about the same things that Spitta does though

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Yeah but no offense to Spitta Wiz is just a bit more catchy imo.
Yeah I feel you on that, alot of shit that Wiz does is hella entertaining (high-energy) to me. Spitta is alot more laid-back (chill) when it comes to his music.

Prime Example: Wiz doing his own thing on Beyonce's "If I Were A Boy"

Spitta wouldn't do anything like that.... Nino would even agree with me

straight_edge76

Yeah, I love how sometimes Wiz will rap over other people's beats, makes him far more appealing to the average person imo.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Yeah, I love how sometimes Wiz will rap over other people's beats, makes him far more appealing to the average person imo.
Spitta did the same thing, during his epic '08 mixtape series but then he stopped doing it all of sudden which sort of turned me away.

straight_edge76

Oh yeah that's understandable.

Quick question, do you prefer an artist constantly putting out mixtapes/albums and them being good. Or somebody kind of staying out of the limelight as they relentlessly work on an album/mixtape and it being simply EPIC?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score

Quick question, do you prefer an artist constantly putting out mixtapes/albums and them being good. Or somebody kind of staying out of the limelight as they relentlessly work on an album/mixtape and it being simply EPIC?
When it comes to that question, I base myself upon consistency whereas I would be feeling the artist that constantly puts out good mixtapes. I mean it keeps their name relevant instead of falling off. I'm easily repping Wiz Khalifa because he constantly drops good/decent mixtapes where I'm struggling with somebody such as Lupe where I'm still bumping his classic shit but hasn't kept his name on the map at the time though.

Its like comparing Spitta for what he has done in '09 to Big Sean who's only dropped one mixtape early last year. You would prefer Spitta obviously

straight_edge76

Yeah, I was asking myself the same question because a dude like Lupe (and Em before him) was kinda an after thought in the game but dudes like Wiz and Drake (who hasn't put out any mixtapes or anything in awhile but is staying in errybody's mouth) are keeping their name extremely relevant.

Toddy

Reaction score

For me I prefer a Epic album as I already find it hard enough keeping up with the above average mixtapes/albums and I will likely continue listening to a album I like for a long time.

straight_edge76

Yeah Toddy, imo Mixtapes get older alot faster then albums. Hell, I am still bumping some albums I bought years ago but at times I will listen to a mixtape once and then just pick and choose what songs I want to listen to regularly and put them on my iPod, which goes virtually everywhere with me.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Please don't kill me, for the question I am about to pose would probably get me lynched in underground music circles.

What do you guys think of Jay-Z? I've been listening to his stuff from the new Blueprint 3 album, and he's got some fucking catchy songs. Of course this coming from a white boy with no rhythm, soul, jive or funk, I'm obviously deprived of good music. But still, even if you hold the elitist opinion of Jay-Z and guys like him as being "sell outs", do you listen to them even in secret as perhaps a guilty pleasure since you know being a fan in underground circles is likely to get you lynched? lol.

straight_edge76

Well, honestly I never thought of Jay-Z as a "sellout" like some other people do. I do enjoy some of his music but when I find him HIGHLY overrated in the Hip-Hop industry as far as lyricism goes. He is one of, if not the best to ever rock the microphone. Their are to people imo that are blind to the fact that yes, dudes like Jay-Z are super celebrities and can make good music. Jay-Z may not be MY favorite (or even in the top 10) rapper I have to give him his credit he does have some really good music.

I don't know if you have heard any of his older stuff but The First Blueprint, The Black Album and Reasonable doubt is his best work imo. And before anybody goes on about how Vol. 2- The Hard Knock Life was his "best" I retort back with it was what catapulted him into an MTV star but was not a COMPLETE album, yes it has a few great tracks but its A) to short and B) has to much filler.