Next TNA HOF Inductee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Booker D

Reaction score
Jarrett deserves to be the next inductee in to the TNA HOF and if they go with two inductees as they should I believe A.J. Styles deserves the nod over AMW (Maybe next year along with Angle).

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think it should be someone who isn't currently on the roster or working for the company anymore. It kind of ticked me off when JR and King got HOF inductions a little bit because they were still doing their thing. Same goes for Booker. All deserving of course, but it just seemed like they could have waited.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Their HOF just seems awkward to me.

The only guys you'd want in/built the company are either too young to be looked at as legends ie; AJ/Joe/MCMG, or did their best work elsewhere ie; Sting/Angle/Jarrett.

At a push I'd go Angle as he's been the base of their company for years on end. To the people on about Jarrett, don't forget Vince McMahon and Hogan weren't inducted first in the WWE equivalent either, it isn't in order of importance.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

The only guys you'd want in/built the company are either too young to be looked at as legends ie; AJ/Joe/MCMG, or did their best work elsewhere ie; Sting/Angle/Jarrett.

At a push I'd go Angle as he's been the base of their company for years on end. To the people on about Jarrett, don't forget Vince McMahon and Hogan weren't inducted first in the WWE equivalent either, it isn't in order of importance.

I'd venture to guess that Hogan would've been the first one in WWE had he not been working for WCW at the time, but that doesn't really matter.... i think the reason it should be Jarrett is because, like you said, the guys who truly built the company are still young and active... had no problem with Sting going in before Jarrett because Sting helped save a floundering company... and I wouldn't be up in arms about Angle going in but his interviews sure give the feeling that he wants to go back to WWE to end his career and they might be hesitant to put him in and then have him leave a year or two later for higher ground..

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Hogan went in the second year of the revived WWE HOF, this is the second year of the TNA HOF so it could work. Vince and JJ are different as well because Jarrett was also it's top wrestler as well as being the founder. Vince wrestled only a little bit and is probably more comparable to Jerry Jarrett than Jeff Jarrett.

Plus with TNA they would want to give their HOF credibility to give it importance. Inducting the guy that was the top draw for many years who also happened to start the company seems like a no brainer.

Reaction score
Sting induction was sily and just to get off his name it should have been Jarret

THen Aj Styles

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*SPOILERS* If you haven't seen Slammiversary and don't want to be spoiled then look away now*SPOILERS*

731_e1ef6b1511175103949b82a229ea0710_m.jpg

I thought that TNA would go in this direction. They would want to get him inducted whilst he is still with TNA and get the jump on WWE inducting him into their HOF. He has been there for seven years, longer than his run in WWE, and has done a lot in TNA. Still I thought that they would go for JJ since he carried the company for a long time. Little bit of an issue with TNA inducting another active wrestler although Angle might not have that long left in him.

Thoughts on TNA inducting Angle?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Complete crap. Jeff Jarrett for the win. Dixie is apparently spiteful, not to mention desperate. These are a just please don't leave TNA inductions now total farce.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Next year will probably be Hogan to continue the tradition. Jarrett would have been the perfect guy to induct this year, one extra point for him is that he isn't an active wrestler right now and that is the type of wrestler that should be inducted in the HOF.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Right I'd actually been happier with AJ, Joe, OMD. Some of the people that have never even been on camera. There are always better options and they could always induct more than one person but they choose not to. The whole ceremony looks cheap the way they do it. reminds me more of Price is right than an induction announcement.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
My issue with all three that you listed is that they are full time wrestlers who have quite a few years left. For a HOF you really should be retired or at the very least part time. I don't mind them sticking with one inductee, keep it at one until a few more of the originals start retiring and then gradually increase it.

The ceremony did look cheap last year but then again when WWE restarted their HOF it wasn't anywhere near as spectacular as it is now. It will take time for them to get the right look and the right process in place.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I don't know, he's done a great deal for the company..... a great deal more than Hogan and it's certainly too soon to induct AJ or Joe so I guess it works.... it's just who really cares who this is?? I like the promotion and really nobody could've made this worth while

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah they have years to go but it's not a wrestling hall of game it's a TNA hall of fame which is different because TNA hasn't been around long. So you don't give the award to the most popular name in your company just cause he's a big name you give it to the people that put your company on the map. Angle and Sting are 5 and 6 in my mind not 1 and 2. And no matter AJ or Joes ages they've done more for the company.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know, he's done a great deal for the company..... a great deal more than Hogan and it's certainly too soon to induct AJ or Joe so I guess it works.... it's just who really cares who this is?? I like the promotion and really nobody could've made this worth while

Angle is definitely up there I just assumed after overlooking Jarrett the first year that they would rectify that this year. Until they induct him people are going to keep going on about it since he belongs in there. Surely next year is his year.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
So are The next 2 years gonna be hogan & hardy?