Next TNA HOF Inductee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded seeing AJ go in this year, where as you might say he wouldn't belong in a regular HOF for TNA it would make sense.

Angle should have gone in next year, agree with JJ should have been now.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The problem with this silly HOF is they are inducting "CURRENTLY ACTIVE" wrestlers.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Called this in the shoutbox. I get the impression that TNA hot shotted his induction because of all the noise he's been making in the media recently about not ruling out returning the WWE and retiring there. I honestly believe that if he hadn't made those noises and he still had a few years left on his contract, he wouldn't have been inducted.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Right I'd actually been happier with AJ, Joe, OMD. Some of the people that have never even been on camera. There are always better options and they could always induct more than one person but they choose not to. The whole ceremony looks cheap the way they do it. reminds me more of Price is right than an induction announcement.

How are any of those names more important to TNA than Angle?

AJ and Joe have been with the company a decade and haven't changed anything, Angle put TNA on the map....somewhat.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
How are any of those names more important to TNA than Angle?

AJ and Joe have been with the company a decade and haven't changed anything, Angle put TNA on the map....somewhat.

Sure he did.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Um....ok?

I don't really know what to say in response to that.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Hogan, Angle, Sting, Nash, Booker T, Scott Steiner, & The Dudley's all have 1 thing in common.

They failed to increase ratings for TNA. Christian actually did.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
:RVD: But seriously when Angle jumped nobody gave two shits about him they knew he was drugged up and TNA was in probably the worst low it's had and his going there did little to help anything. Unfortunate truth is that Hogan really has done the most for TNA in that regard. Then Sting. But you should honor the guys that made TNA what it is. Those people are Jarrett, AJ, Joe, and OMD, I'm only a fan of one of them. Angle didn't make TNA what it is he's a foot note.

Look at ECW as a guide whose remembered? The guys that came in half way through or the originals? If they were to make an ECW hall of fame would Angle be the second one to get in? Austin? No.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
TNA shot themselves in the foot when Hogan debuted. "Fans will care more about Hogan, then they do about Bret Hart returning to WWE after 13 years of turmoil"

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hogan, Angle, Sting, Nash, Booker T, Scott Steiner, & The Dudley's all have 1 thing in common.

They failed to increase ratings for TNA. Christian actually did.

They jumped from Fox Sports to Spike, it was impossible not to increase and had little or nothing to do with him at all. They were a 1hr taped show on Saturdays until 2007.

:RVD: But seriously when Angle jumped nobody gave two shits about him they knew he was drugged up and TNA was in probably the worst low it's had and his going there did little to help anything. Unfortunate truth is that Hogan really has done the most for TNA in that regard. Then Sting. But you should honor the guys that made TNA what it is. Those people are Jarrett, AJ, Joe, and OMD, I'm only a fan of one of them. Angle didn't make TNA what it is he's a foot note.

Look at ECW as a guide whose remembered? The guys that came in half way through or the originals? If they were to make an ECW hall of fame would Angle be the second one to get in? Austin? No.

Angle vs Joe is still the biggest drawing feud in their history, he clearly had a major impact from the off and got people hooked. He was the biggest name they'd signed to that point, Christian was hot in '05 but had nowhere near the name or pull Angle had.

Austin in ECW is one of the worst comparisons to Angle in TNA, seriously. Austin was nothing, Angle has been a massive part of TNA. He's been there longer than he was in WWE.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Oddly I agree and disgree with about half that post. Don't agree that Hogan has done more for TNA's image than Angle or Sting for that matter. You could argue that they have been the two biggest draws, yet for the reasons you stated I would have the likes of Jarrett, Styles or Joe in ahead of them

Also would like to point out that the TNA product was at its best when Angle first moved there, it has not been that hot since.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Jeff Jarrett congratulated Kurt Angle for being announced as the second inductee in the TNA Hall of Fame, writing on Twitter, “Congratulations to the 1 n only @RealKurtAngle 4 being inducted n 2 the #TNAHallofFame ! Inside the ring, there’s never been anybody better!”

Good Company man

Think it'd be amazing if WWE got JJ first but it'd never happen.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Good Company man

Think it'd be amazing if WWE got JJ first but it'd never happen.

The entire Poffo family will make it into the WWE Hall before Jeff Jarrett

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Did anyone stop to think that maybe JJ doesn't want to be inducted? In that sense, Vinnie would have inducted himself into the hall of fame years ago for WWE. It seems tacky for the creator of a company to go into the Hall of Fame, at least while they're alive. Thats like giving Employee of the Month to the boss. Just doesn't work that way. Even Vince McMahon Sr. didn't go in until years after his death.

Point being, yes, he deserves it because he made that company, then at the same time, maybe he doesn't want to go into it because it seems like a desperation thing.