New WWE Championship Design Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Re: *** Spoiler *** Mainly to do with ending of RAW

I don't have a problem with the new design, it'll eventually grow on me, definitely looks better than the previous title.

But I wish the WWE would go back to the Reg Parks type of designs, that were absolutely beautiful, these new titles look plain jane in comparison.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Ryan

Reaction score

My main problem with it is just how gaudy the diamonds are. If you took them away, it really wouldn't be half bad. Even if you just took the diamonds away from the front and center WWE logo, it'd be better.

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score

I love it. Think it's a million times better than the spinning car-crash toy that was the last one.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score

Why couldn't they go for the Undisputed belt of 2002-05 seriously the belt while still better then Cena's toy belt still isn't great and is that gold cause it looks bronze to me.

Nerotheory

Reaction score

I like the belt better then the spinner but wish they would use the undisputed belt instead.

AF.

Reaction score

For people calling out for older belts to be brought back, it's about modernizing things and keeping things new. If we kept going back to the way things were in the past the company would not move forward. The new belt represents a new era.

The new belt has a modern design that fits in well with the current product. Resorting back to old belts accomplishes nothing other than satisfying older fans. It's about appealing to the current fans, and updating the belt to a new, fresh design revitalizes the product rather than resorting back to classic designs. Sure we may like (insert belt here) better, but that's because you grew up with that belt, and now the kiddies have a new belt to grow up with and love.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Well if the new era is just a big ass W then i'm abit nervous.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

I think the one they show on WWE Shop as a replica is much better then the one Rock was holding last night. Don't know why they look nothing alike. I do like the idea of the changeable side plates though, in place of a name plate. It's a good idea. And honestly, the one people I can see holding that title this year is Cena, Rock, Punk, Ryback, and maybe Sheamus. That's about all.

Its a good idea, could take a few tweakings, but I gotta give them credit for doing away with the Spinner. Let's see how this one sells.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

I'm so getting the belt once it arrives to our WWE Merchandise shop in Slovakia.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

The new belt represents a new era.

A new era of pushing guys that were around 10 years ago? I'm not saying that I'm against The Rock being WWE champion, but i'd hardly call the current scene in the WWE a new era.

The belt looks like a cheap version of the previous one in my opinion. I don't exactly hate it, but there's so many things wrong with it. There's no nameplate, the side plates look far too gimmicky, and the big 'W' in the centre needs more around it than just black space.

I'll probably get used to it after a while, just like I did with the last belt.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Not sure if someone said this, but if Ryback wins the belt will the side plates be sandwiches?

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho

For people calling out for older belts to be brought back, it's about modernizing things and keeping things new. If we kept going back to the way things were in the past the company would not move forward. The new belt represents a new era.

The new belt has a modern design that fits in well with the current product. Resorting back to old belts accomplishes nothing other than satisfying older fans. It's about appealing to the current fans, and updating the belt to a new, fresh design revitalizes the product rather than resorting back to classic designs. Sure we may like (insert belt here) better, but that's because you grew up with that belt, and now the kiddies have a new belt to grow up with and love.

you say we shouldn't want the old belts back but when Cody Rhodes brought the old IC Title back it was welcomed back to rave reviews and despite changing hands 4 times since its still there. (Side note for all those complaining there is no name plate on he new WWE Title there isn't on the IC Title either. ). I still also prefer the undisputed title over this one and the spinner belt, but I would like a more big belt like the World Title. Perhaps even something closer to the attitude era belt. I also am not a fan of diamonds on belts. Bu like most I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Reaction score

Hopefully they change the diva's title soon. Looks like a walmart toy.