New WWE Championship Design Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Re: *** Spoiler *** Mainly to do with ending of RAW

For god's sake. We might have the old IC Championship Title Design but we can't have all the new designs be replaced by the old ones. We need to move forward. We can't be stuck at one place let alone go back.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

New belt doesn't look good.

they wasted a golden opportunity not having CM Punk throw Cena's Wigger Spinner in a wood chipper and cut a promo about changing the status quo in the WWE back in 2011 after MITB. Probably one of the biggest misses of an opportunity in WWE history that I can think of.

FalconPunch

Reaction score

Looks awful IMO. Big Logo's on products normally do. Nobody likes brand ownership.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

For god's sake. We might have the old IC Championship Title Design but we can't have all the new designs be replaced by the old ones. We need to move forward. We can't be stuck at one place let alone go back.

Moving forward is fine, just expecting better looking titles.

Is it the elder fans fault that the current fan has no taste?

Reaction score

Nice, simple, traditional. Looks good on Rock as well, might look even better on Cena.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho

Again I said I prefer the undisputed title to this. But I also said I wanted something new that perhaps resembled the attitude era belt. The newer belts look like toys. This WWE belt, the NXT belt, the NXT Tag belts all the newest designs of the last year and they all look childish. I didn't say I wanted those old belts brought back, I said I wanted something more traditional looking. Something that actually looked like a wrestling championship belt and not a prop.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
gi-joe-retaliation-premiere-seoul-14.jpg

This is why WWE chose The Rock to debut the new WWE title design. He is at the GI Joe premiere in Korea and he showed up with the title on his arm. Great publicity for the company and for the title. Presumably he will bring it to Sydney as well for the premiere tomorrow night.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
gi-joe-retaliation-premiere-seoul-14.jpg

This is why WWE chose The Rock to debut the new WWE title design. He is at the GI Joe premiere in Korea and he showed up with the title on his arm. Great publicity for the company and for the title. Presumably he will bring it to Sydney as well for the premiere tomorrow night.

This is exactly why Rock is Champion in the first place. He can draw the media attention that nobody else could,

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
At least the damn thing actually looks like a championship belt now. That's the one thing you have to admit even if you don't approve of the design. The spinner belt looked like a goddamned toy and was unquestionably the most awful design that championship ever suffered through. This belt is an upgrade any way you slice it.

The hard black background did admittedly irk me at first. I think if they just filled that in with gold, no one would have a problem with it's design.

I really don't see what the big idea is with it not having a nameplate. The winged eagle and Attitude era belts didn't have one either. Complaining about something that insignificant is just grasping at straws and searching for something to hate about it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nice arguement there that Rock deserves to be Champion because he can parade around with the belt at movie premiers in countries that most Americans would laugh at.

I could careless how the belt actually looks since people change their mind on everything in wrestling daily. It's too hard to take most of you seriously anymore. It's a fine design, I'll leave it at that.

Franco

Reaction score
WWE really missed the boat by not paying for one Super Bowl commercial with Rock as champion.
Nothing fancy, just have Rock stand in a empty arena holding the belt on the turnbuckle and then camera pans out to the Wrestlemania logo. Considering how awful other commercials were this would create a lasting image in almost everyone who watched the show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Didn't I make this point before the Rumble? Rock showing up on Leno and Letterman with the WWE belt would do more for them than CM punk not being on anything?

Superbowl commercial would've been a good idea, but wouldn't that cost them an arm and leg to get them a spot?

Franco

Reaction score
3.8 million for 30 seconds and over 100 million people watching.
If not that, they could've at least paid Got Milk or any other commercial that featured the Rock to place a sticker or text "WWE Champion The Rock" for a few seconds when the commercial showed him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Nice arguement there that Rock deserves to be Champion because he can parade around with the belt at movie premiers in countries that most Americans would laugh at.

I could careless how the belt actually looks since people change their mind on everything in wrestling daily. It's too hard to take most of you seriously anymore. It's a fine design, I'll leave it at that.

My post made no mention on if he deserved to be champion, my point was that this shows why the belt was revealed with him as champion rather than Punk. WWE would have know long in advance that The Rock would pick up the title so they would have held off revealing it until he won the title. This is going to bring in so much more exposure and revenue from the title and WWE is a business so this is a smart move.

Would have been a good idea to run a Superbowl commercial, expensive but it would have paid off in the end.