new Worlds title rumoured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pocket

Reaction score
well I sure as hell hope that is was the Spinner belt they were refering to.... they used the terms "worlds title belt" in the article so it naturally scared me a wee bit....

THe spinner belt is way too cartoonish and gibes zero cred to the guy wearing it... he's supposed to look like a champion but doesn't.... think of how Orton would look with the Worlds title on his shoulder... he'd look like a real champion... remember how rediculous HHH looked with it around his waist??

it always amazed me that once Cena had lost the belt it still remained the spinner belt and didnt get a revamp.... they never kept Austins flaming skulls after he dropped it...

and yep I liked the older belts way more... the attitude belt was cool because it was huge and looked like a title belt should look, never cared much for the undisputed that Lesnar had much though

pocket

Reaction score
The belt that Hogan, Saveage & Warrior held was the nicest looking belt they've ever had (Also see IC belt from same era)... All that blue paint on the Attitude era titles made them look like tacky toys (Mind you they were tossed about like as much). Post-brand split it's only gotten worse. The pre-spinner version of the WWE title that Eddie & JBL held even looked like a temporary 'stand-in' in and now we got this bling crap.

BUT...

It is only a prop.

dude totally agree on the old IC title... it was so cool, and sure times change and things need freshening up a little but this belt looks nothing like the original..... the belt looks to soft against the original, could be a reason for why the IC champ never looks or seems important??

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
they aren't changing teh world title because WWE doesn't give a shit about that belt. they still treat it like the WCW belt. They care way more for whoever holds the wwe belt, that explains why a black guy has never held the WWE belt.

True-er words were never spoken.... at least not today

As for the belts, when the spinner belt 1st came in, it was cool. It was something different. It had Cena written all over it. How many people has held that belt since then? It's time to give it up. Cena hasn't done that gimmc in years, that belt design should have left when Cena dropped the gimmic.

As for the new belt, I've not read anything about this yet. But I did rumours of the Undisputed title coming back, but that's been some months.

Airfixx

they aren't changing teh world title because WWE doesn't give a shit about that belt they still treat it like the WCW belt. They care way more for whoever holds the wwe belt,...

What if their #1 guy is holding it (Cena at least twice!)?

that explains why a black guy has never held the WWE belt.

....Bit early aren't ya? Sharpton-vibes for tonight's Raw! : P

Anyway enough conspiracy crap; please tell me which black guys in the last 25 years SHOULD have held the WWF title (when said belt was on their brand)?

LKP

I think both world titles should be re vamped. The world title on smackdown is OK but i thin both need a new vibe. I cant see Morrison wearing either title, cause of the look of them both.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think both world titles should be re vamped. The world title on smackdown is OK but i thin both need a new vibe. I cant see Morrison wearing either title, cause of the look of them both.

Change the Spinner tbh. But the one on Smackdown is awesome as it is.

I do hope they change the Spinner Title to something cool and not spinner like.

LKP

The spinner belt should be totally revamped, get the old wwf title back :).

Airfixx

MVP should be champion now, lol.

:face-palm:

Just like the writers on Raw, I forgot about MVP.

Was he a viable champ whilst the WWE title was over on SD tho'? Defo should have been challenging against HHH (which could have been used to elevate him), but not so sure about him actually holding the title at that point in time.

noumenon

The attitude era belt was decent. The Undisputed Title was extremely bland and forgettable... and no words can express my hatred for the current WWE title.
TNA got at least the design of their titles right.

Reaction score
Since we already have a spinner belt, I guess now we can get a belt that lights up with LED lighting :laugh_1:

Dynamo

Reaction score
The World Title should most definately not be revamped/upgraded, etc. It is one of the few things of class that still remains in the WWE. The belt Airfixx described was the belt I was talking about. That belt, drapped over the Hitmans shoulder is a perfect symbol of Wrestling in my eyes. Oh, n I really liked the white belted IC Championship

As for Black wrestlers who should have won the title and didn't, well there's probably not been that many, if any, but not because of talent, more because of not being given the push they needed to establish themselves. And there are a few black guys who fall into that list, but saying that, I suppose there are a few people that fall into that list also.

I suppose my problem is, there have been NO black Champions, (Unless you include the Rock). There have been good enough wrestlers from JYD, Bad News, Koko, etc to the likes of Dlo, Bobby Lashley, Shelton, MVP But none have ever made it to main eventers, even though, at their peeks were big draws for the WWE and could have been bigger with the backing.

I don't know, just my personal feelings on this issue.

noumenon

Shelton, MVP and Dlo were big draws??? What the hell are you smoking?

Lashley would have been given the title eventually, he didn't stick aruond anywhere near long enough though.

The reason there has never been a black champion is as simple as...
A. there aren't a whole lot of black superstars
B. The ones there are don't draw enough to have a major title put on them.

No discrediting their wrestling ability or anything, there are tons of talented black wrestlers...but there are tons of WHITE superstars who haven't won the title either.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Okay, Shelton was a preety big draw from what I heard, as was MVP. The reason I say this is because I didn't really watch wrestling when they sort of came out, yet had heard of them. Im sure MVP was/is to a certain extent, certainly one of the few solid midcarders right now, without a continual serious push/story. But I would be happy to discuss shelton.

Dlo, was phenomenal once he came out of the whole nation thing. Did a solid feud with Double J, for either the IC or European, can't remember exactly and was really one of the few black wrestlers for a long time to be credited for his in ring ability, and was really popular for what he was at the time.

A. Agreed, but we have to ask why, there aint a whole lot of black wrestlers? It surely aint coz black people don't like wrestling or because we aint athletic. so... why?
B. The one's that are, aren't pushed well enough to draw. Look what they have done with R-Truth, Cryme tyme and MVP. All basically the same stereotypical gimmick.

O, and I already said that there are alot of people who fall into that catergory (Good wrestlers who arn't pushed/booked well) Black, White, whatever.

Dynamo

Reaction score
O yea, and just to add. Who is the one guy they gave the whole 'street' gimmick to, who got a proper push with it and the world title.

A white guy.