New-Kofi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
he puts Kofi over, then what happens to Kofi??? a downward slope effect. It isnt like he is a credible WWE title contender yet. Swagger and even MVP are in front of him in that line

Maybe he beats Orton? No he's not credible to challenge for the WWE title... yet. But the momentem he has right now is great. It's getting to the point that if he were to challenge for the title or win some type of #1 contenders match, that there's a chance he could actually win. Remember Jeff when he had his feud with Orton? The momentem he had during that feud led people to think that if he were to challenge for the title, he had a chance of winning. Kofi's in that situation right now.

noumenon

Exactly, he's just missing the fat older brother to follow it up with a revenge loss :)

straight_edge76

I think that Kofi could gain alot from this feud, have Orton win at TLC via foreign object or Legacy run-in, have them both in either a #1 Contenders feud for RR or have them both in the Royal Rumble match and possibly have Orton win or have them eliminate each other in a Brawl of sorts and climat at NWO with Kofi getting a clean win on Orton and be a legit MiTB contender

Airfixx

If they can work this shit so they have lots of encounters but no 1-on-1 match until WM that would be absolutely sick. SSeries, RR, EChamber... It's actually possible this time of year. Have Kofi win at SSeries then, if necessary, have Legacy injur Kofi on Raw the night after SSeries to make him miss the TLC PPV and reprise at the Rumble and have Orton foiled by Kofi at every chance of gaining contendership/title... Have him become Ortion's nemesis. Sell us the idea that Kofi has Orton's number so that by the time Mania hits we're all convinced that Kofi will win... Only for Orton to heel for the win at WM.

Sadly WWE don't book that way. We'll prob get a 5min 1on1 on Raw the night after SSeries. : (

The Rated R CMStar

Nah, I don't expect them to fight until Mania (God knows Orton can do better than Kofi at Mania), but at least to TLC, hopefully to the RR.

MizMasta3000

Tell me how Swagger and MVP would be in front of a guy who beated Randy Orton in front of a guy who comes from beating Randy Orton.

Kofi hasnt beatened Orton yet. Too everyone else, Kofi/Orton have no reason to continue a feud into 2010 IMO. Its like Swagger/MVP or even Miz/Cena farfetched. No true background or foundation to the feud other than Kofi costing Orton his title at Bragging Rights. No heat to the feud other than little segments and the destruction of a race care. There is a difference between feud and rivalry. Orton is officially an upper mid carder almost

Airfixx

^^^There IS a background....

Kofi interferes in the Iron Man match.
Orton jumps Jofi on raw
Kofi retaliates by wrecking his car....
+ whatever's happened since

Why does none of that count in your eyes?

"There is a difference between feud and rivalry"

Yes, and this is a FUED.

Cena/HHH would be an example of a rivalry.

(God knows Orton can do better than Kofi at Mania)

Well I did consider that, but unless he's in a title match, is he really gonna get a better option than a long term grudge fued with a fresh opponent which blows off at WM?

I doubt that to be honest.

Aside from Edge & Jerico, Orton has done the rest of the ME scene to death.

Regardless, as already stated I don't expect it to happen

Kizza

he puts Kofi over, then what happens to Kofi??? a downward slope effect. It isnt like he is a credible WWE title contender yet. Swagger and even MVP are in front of him in that line

So I see that people still haven't gotten off M.V.P's and Swaggers dicks. Unbelievable.

When they get a main event level feud, get a bigger crowd reaction and actually become as good as Kofi in the ring, give me a shout. Then i'll listen to those two being in front of the next big thing in WWE.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
MVP was starting to get a great reaction on SD, both as a heel and then as a face but they cut him off at the knees for whatever reason.

But you're right, neither of those guys get near the reaction that Kofi does now.

Airfixx

^^^Aye; truth right there...

S'funny, whilst most were shitting on it, Kofi's US title reign really has elevated him.

Hometown Kid

...and actually become as good as Kofi in the ring,

:confused:

A bundle of twigs can wrestle better than Kofi. And yeah, if Swagger and MVP got Kofi's booking, i'm sure they could get a reaction too. But they're pretty much lost causes at this point, so Kofi is going to get a bigger reaction.

The two guys that can get over enough if booking actually gets behind them, (besides Miz because he sucks. >_>) and that I would like to see is Sheamus and Bourne. I doubt they have the balls to put Sheamus in any sort of role like that this soon, and Bourne is too small to win matches in the God-forsaken company (show) that he works on.

Airfixx

^^^MVP & Swagger can get over "enough" if booked accordingly... Moreso than either Bourne OR Seamus at this juncture. In particular, the silence has been deafening in the Seamus segments on Raw (save for the smark cheering him on during the week 2 beatdown of Noble.)

p.s. Sounds like these twig-types could do with a dark match! ;o]

Hometown Kid

I don't know about silent, but I dunno how big of a reaction can be expected when taking out people nobody cares about. =/ Bourne still gets good reactions even after jobbing 20,000 times. They just need to keep him away from the mic for awhile.

MVP and Swagger could, as they've gotten solid reactions before, but will they? I meant lost causes more of them never getting booked right, than not having the skills.

And I heard the twig's cousin is going up against Nash soon. :shifty:

xtremebadass

New Kofi has the ability to make a small 3 foot leap into a Jeff Hardy esque double leg drop. That was so not as bad as it appeared that it was on TV. The double leg drop looked great on TV. Great angles and everything.

New Kofi kicks ass.