NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
I don't think its him though, it seems to be the people around him as well as the Chinese Government thats doing all the politicking. I actually cant say that I'm upset seeing as Los Angeles is one of the city's mentioned besides, Milwaukee knew exactly what they were getting into, during Yi's workouts in Los Angeles, they wouldn't even let Milwaukee watch him, if that doesn't send a message I don't know what does.

phantomgerald

I'd understand if he didn't want to join the bucks if the city is his college's rivals, but he just wants to move so that he'll get a bigger following. That will swell his already inflated head even more. Yao will always be the top China guy and i hope Yi, and the rest of the NBA, realise that

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah Yao has been in the league for what five years? So he is already established Yi needs to surround himself with better people or remove his head from his ass.

phantomgerald

whats more, when Yao came into the league, he was a sure-fire number 1 draft pick, and scouts were already calling him a future star. Nobody said the same about Yi. Even if there's no Oden and Durant, Yi would still not be the first pick. It justs shows how much the scout rate him.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah Yi isnt on or is nowhere near Yao's level. I will say this for him five years from he could be but I doubt that. Right now I see Yi being a middle of the road player not Shaq or Duncan like but better than Kwame.

phantomgerald

He'd probably be the third or fourth option in whatever team he's in. When Yao came in, even with all the hoopla, he kept his head and really trained hard to adapt. With Yi demanding a trade the moment he was drafted, you would guess that he's not going to be as willing to learn as Yao

phantomgerald

As the hoopla over Yi's trade demands continue, he has been somewhat of a revelation in the summer league. I think I would gladly give up my sixth man and a second round pick for him.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah from what I hear he has been a pleasant surprise, as opposed to Oden who fouled out in his first game lol, thats still so funny to me.

phantomgerald

^^^More so since in the summer league, I think you need ten fouls to foul out. Other standouts so far are Rudy Gay, Grizzlies Sophomore. The dunk over Yi reminded me of Nate Robinson's dunk over Yao

PeepShow

LOL, Oden has 19 fouls in 2 games......thats just funny as hell.....

PeepShow

^Is it just me, or do the Bobcats like drafting players from North Carolina???

LOL, 2 yrs ago, they got Sean May, and Raymond Felton. This yr, they got Brandan Wright....lol

PeepShow

Not Jason Richardson, but he was traded to Golden State. My point is that Charlotte drafts a lot of player from UNC

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Not Jason Richardson, but he was traded to Golden State. My point is that Charlotte drafts a lot of player from UNC

Wright was a steal at that pick though, he should have been #6 or #7, I was hoping that we would get Brewer, I consider that a real stupid move by Golden State and a good move by Charlotte.