NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Hmm, I doubt that would be a right move for Charlotte. Varejao is a restricted free agent and the cavs can just match the offer and keep him. Charlotte might overpay to get him, and that will cause and unneccessary salary cap hit

Soulpower

The Rockets have a new (old, maybe?) Point Guard and his name is...

STEVE FRANCIS! The Franchise is back in Houston as he signed a 2 year deal with the Rockets.

phantomgerald

Hopefully returning to the Rockets will ignite the fire in him, and I wonder if he can work well with T-Mac. I'm not entirely sold on this deal yet

circle

Reaction score
Francis will be a 3rd option, but truthfully if he can play in the uptempo system of Adelman he can resurrect his career. This is probably the best fit for him

phantomgerald

Yes I think Francis did the right thing and with if he stays injury free, the Rockets looks good.

circle

Reaction score
Kobe has finally reported to Team USA. I wonder if Team USA will do better this year?

Lots of talk of former NBA ref Tim Donaghy b/c he is accused of fixing games by the authorities, plus he refed the pivotal Game 3 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals

phantomgerald

Heat Sign Point Guard Smush Parker

The deal came after the Heat failed to land several other point guards they pursued, including Mo Williams, Steve Francis and Steve Blake.

"We feel very good about acquiring Smush,'' coach Pat Riley said in a statement. "He brings size, shooting and defense to our backcourt. He has been improving every year, and we feel that this could be his best year yet.''

Parker helped guide the Los Angeles Lakers to the playoffs in each of his two seasons as their starting point guard. They were over the salary cap and didn't try to re-sign him.

He played in all 164 games the past two seasons, averaging 11.3 points, 3.2 assists, 1.6 steals and 32 minutes.

Parker is one of four players with at least 110 steals and 110 3-point field goals in each of the past two seasons. Gilbert Arenas, Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd are the others.

Parker went undrafted in 2002 and was with Cleveland, Atlanta, Charlotte, Detroit and Phoenix before joining the Lakers.

"We are excited to bring Smush to Miami,'' Heat general manager Randy Pfund said. "He's a talented young player who brings good size and athleticism to our point-guard position. Smush has been the starting point guard of a playoff team the past two seasons, and we believe he has his best years ahead of him.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Heat must be desperate. He's not a good choice but I guess all the better Point guards are gone.

Soulpower

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Boston Celtics, who nearly completed a blockbuster Kevin Garnett trade before the June draft, resurrected those talks in recent days and have agreed to a megadeal that is likely to be announced later Tuesday, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Tuesday afternoon that the required trade call has been completed by the league office, which should soon lead to a news conference in Boston that formally brings a blockbuster end to Garnett's 12-year association with the Wolves.

The Boston Herald reported on its Web site Tuesday that Garnett has agreed to a three-year extension with the Celtics, in addition to the two years left on contract, which would keep him in Boston through the 2011-12 season. The Herald also reported that Garnett is expected to arrive in Boston later Tuesday for a physical.

The package going back to Minnesota, sources say, is built around two assets Wolves vice president Kevin McHale has long coveted: Al Jefferson and Theo Ratliff's expiring contract.

It is believed the deal also calls for the Celtics to ship youngsters Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and Ryan Gomes to Minnesota, along with a future first-round draft pick and the return of a first-rounder the Wolves surrendered in the Wally Szczerbiak-Ricky Davis trade in January 2006.

It seems Kevin Mchale decided to help the Celtics just one more time.., Even if he helped them as a General Manager instead of as a player.

phantomgerald

this trade only look good on paper, but I think that Celtics will have a problem sharing the ball as pierce and allen are selfish shooters.

Wordlife

KG's a celtic, and god i feel bad for randy foye, how he loved bein on the Timberwolves wit KG and now his team's gunna SUCK!!!! POOR RANDY FOYE. He has no talent with left to play with on the Timb's, oh well, looks like he'll have 2 carry the team all by himself THIS YEAR

phantomgerald

Foye has a young team and if they suck for this year and get a good draft pick, they'll be back up again as they have a nice young core that will only improve.