NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Acideyez

Reaction score
My pacers have pretty much screwed themselves lol They lost those draft picks,and have been quiet in off season so far. They will probably remain to be quiet as well.And suck it up for another couple years.

phantomgerald

Yup the pacers are screwed. They got to trade JO and start rebuilding again

circle

Reaction score
I don't think the bobcats could've gotten any of those players. J-Rich was the best option and his contract although bad can be traded in 2 years if the experiment doesn't work out.

I mean Kobe has a full no-trade clause so no way he goes to Charlotte
Paul Pierce boston would not trade him especially when they got Ray Allen
KG has already stated he would only play for Phoenix or L.A. and to be honest both teams would need to find a 3rd team to make it happen.
JO is another 4 that the bobcats don't need. Plus I question JO's health last year and the fact he hasn't been a franchise player.

Plus Sean May has no trade value b/c he hasn't been able to stay healthy the past 2 seasons. The same goes for Emeka. I could have seen a sign and trade of G. Wallace for Pierce, but I don't think the Bobcats would do that b/c Wallace is younger, but they probably should have b/c G. Wallace doesn't have a jump shot. But its G.Wallace's Defense is why he got a mega deal

phantomgerald

They got have went for Billups and Carter in free agnecy too. There was no rush in pushing through with the trade. He should have waited to talk with free-agency

circle

Reaction score
Billups I can see sign with Charlotte, but they would not have made the trade for J-Rich.

Vinsanity would have been a good fit...I knew there was a lot of talk of VC coming back to NC, but the Nets added that 5th year to his extension that would have made it 80 mil (note the 5th year is team option), and the bobcats were unwillingly to do that at the start of FA.

I love Vince, but he drove me crazy b/c he either shot jumpers all game long and wouldn't take it to the hole or he was sloppy on defense that drove me crazy too. Plus he is 30/31 and this was the 1st time he has stayed healthy all year for the longest time. I wonder if VC will stay healthy next year. The term half man half amazing...most of the time he was half man, and not amazing...except this past season.

The other problem is the owner of the bobcats...he is freakin stingy, and he doesn't want to make the investment...albiet he did sign Wallace and traded for J-Rich, but Emeka is up for an extension will he pay him?

You're right J-Rich was not the best player of his team.

phantomgerald

Billups could have gone to Charlotte, and then they wouldn't have needed to trade for Richardson. Its wrong to trade for Richardson, and I think Charlotte might have been better off without him

circle

Reaction score
NBA Fa has been relatively quiet...I mean there were some moves, but still paying Lewis 113 million is too much

The best players left
C-webb
Anderson Varejo
Andray Blatche (Wizards PF)
Sasha Pavlovic
Michael Pietrus
Desmond Mason
Earl Boykins
James Posey
Corliss Williamson

phantomgerald

C-webb will probably take up the mid-level exception of a top team like the Miami Heat or the Dallas Mavs. Varejao and Pavlovic are wild-cards that can end up anyway, although I think one of them would be resigned by the cavs. The rest are mostly going to go to whichever team guarantees them a spot in the starting five

Wordlife

maybe the bulls should pick up webber just in case noah or benwallace gets hurt???

phantomgerald

The bulls have already signed the veteran smith for cover, and I think they're done with free agency. Now they'll work on re-signing Deng and Gordon which are their priorities

circle

Reaction score
I would hold off on extensions for both players. The reason I say this if they do sign them to extensions now only to trade them during mid season...it would be hard b/c they would be considered poision pill contracts which are harder to trade. I think they should wait and see how they do and if they have an opportunity to trade for a better player like a post player then they can do it without a problem. Plus they would let them go to Restricted FA and they would match any offer on the table. Also there isn't that many teams heading into 2008 FA that will have any cap room to sign either player to a max extension.

phantomgerald

I think they should set their priority to signing Ben gordon, when he's on fire he's one of the greatest shooters in the league. I'd hold off Deng, especially since they already have Nocioni at the 3.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
I think Varejao is coming here to Charlotte, that would be the smart move, look what he gets off the bench, he's a high energy player that every team should have but he will be starting next year and I think he's going out of Cleveland. And by the way Jake Voshkul was signed by the Bucks.