NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
With Kobe wanting out of the Lakers, The Draft coming, Paul Peirce on the trading block, whats on your mind?

Wordlife

ight here we go with the nba talk session... 1st of all, who here thinks of these two will do better as an NBA player'

kevin durant or greg oden

Soulpower

Rashard Lewis, Chauncey Billups and Geral Wallace are all free agents, that's what's on my mind.

I'm hoping Orlando signs either Billups or Lewis. Lewis would fit in well with the Magic, and with Howard and Darko in the post, it leaves Rashard with a lot of open shots.

Jameer Nelson is NOT a starting PG in the NBA, he would be better coming off the bench which is why I'd like to see the Magic make a play on Chauncey (unless Lewis is signed first). With Bilups you get a big PG, a solid defender, a great leader, and a WINNER.

As for Gerald Wallace, I'd actually like to see him in Detroit. With both Sheed's and Webber's future in Detroit uncertain, it would make sense for Joe Dumars to go after Geral and help bolster their front-line... Of course, in a perfect world Detroit would re-sign Billups and sign Gerald Wallace. Too bad they probably don't have enough money to pay both men.

Rell

Reaction score
Greg Oden, we all know Kevin will be great in a few years, but Oden has a chance to be very good right away, I'm predicting he will be an all star in his first year.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Durant is more marketable, and has more flash in his game, but Oden will make the bigger impact, how many flashy scorers are there in the game without rings?, but how look at Duncan, and Shaq quality big men who combined have been in the Finals the last 9 years, and have 8 rings between them.

Wordlife

i say oden will be better and i predict billups goin 2 da magic with rip cuz rip said if billups leaves, he leave too so idk

Rell

Reaction score
Rashard Lewis, Chauncey Billups and Geral Wallace are all free agents, that's what's on my mind.

I'm hoping Orlando signs either Billups or Lewis. Lewis would fit in well with the Magic, and with Howard and Darko in the post, it leaves Rashard with a lot of open shots.

Jameer Nelson is NOT a starting PG in the NBA, he would be better coming off the bench which is why I'd like to see the Magic make a play on Chauncey (unless Lewis is signed first). With Bilups you get a big PG, a solid defender, a great leader, and a WINNER.

As for Gerald Wallace, I'd actually like to see him in Detroit. With both Sheed's and Webber's future in Detroit uncertain, it would make sense for Joe Dumars to go after Geral and help bolster their front-line... Of course, in a perfect world Detroit would re-sign Billups and sign Gerald Wallace. Too bad they probably don't have enough money to pay both men.

There is actually rumors of the Lakers being very interested in Chauncey Billups, the problem is Billips cost to much, the only way we have a chance at him is if we trade Kobe away ...but will Chauncey want to play for a Kobeless Laker team, I think not.

I'm expecting a very Rudy Gay'ish year from Durant in his first year

Rell

Reaction score
Its a little early for Predictions, but I'm going to go with the obvious answer, Hawks lol I'm joking. I believe the Spurs will repeat as NBA champs...If Kobe is a Bull (please lord no!!!) it will be Bulls vs Spurs

Rell

Reaction score
What Draft day trades do you guys see happening...I see the Lakers making big moves, either getting Kobe some help in the form of Ron Artest, Jason Kidd, or Jermain O'neal...or the Lakers rebuilding and getting rid of Kobe :( but If the Lakers get Arenas I will settle.

Rell

Reaction score
Rell i disagree with you, Durant will be great right away while Oden will take time to develope.

Why, Center is probably one of the easiest transition's to make from college to the pro's if your a good player and trust me Oden is. Durant will be good, but he will have a hard time in the west going against guys like Bruce Bowen and Shawn Marion, Oden will be matched up with guys like Andrew Bynum (if he isn't a pacer) Chris Kaman, and...who plays center in the west and is actually good besides Yao?

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^You make a good point Rell but look at guys like Melo, D-Wade, LeBron all scorers able to have decent to good, rookie seasons. It will be a big adjustment for Durant but scoring wise he will do just fine right off the bat.

And Oden may be a center but he will get matched up againtst guys like Duncan, Stoudamire, Howard, Shaq, Yao, and Wallace, opposing coaches will want to exploit his youth and inexperiece.