NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

I don't see the Spurs repeating, something always happens and they end up getting eliminated early when they're trying to repeat.

I'm going to say Suns vs anyone from the East that isn't Atlanta or Charlotte.

Rell

Reaction score
^ I dont think the Suns will ever be in the NBA finals. The Suns are what I call a regular season team. Their style of play is fun to watch and hard to stop on a night 2 night basis, but in the playoffs teams are better prepared for that style of play and it usually doesn't work...I may have worked with the showtime Lakers the Suns are not the showtime Lakers.

Notice how everything I post mentions the Lakers lol

Defiant One

Reaction score
I think the Mavericks- Bulls will be the Finals matchup for 08, considering how the Mavs went out to the Warriors this year they not going to settle for 2 bad finishes, and they'll be hungry next year. The Bulls are just a great team especially if they get Kobe so yeah.

Soulpower

But to be honest, Rell.... The Suns looked to have taken control of their series against the Spurs until they were hit with the suspensions. That doesn't happen, we probably get Phoenix in the NBA finals and maybe the win championship.

I will say this, Nash isn't getting any younger so the Suns window of opportunity is closing.

phantomgerald

i think if the bulls pull off a trade for a PF, then they will be in with a shout. hindrich is really undervalued and they have alot of players that could be traded, like duhon, nocioni, deng and gordon, who are all on little money yet could be starters. i think they need a consistent offensive weapon and ben gordon is not the answer.

phantomgerald

and talking about trades, i think that the bulls should work on acquiring a PF, maybe jermaine o'neal.

Lakers should get a post player to complement Odom, or a pass-first point guard, which is very rare.

phantomgerald

not really, if they give up pj brown, ben gordon and luol deng for o'neal then i think its a fair deal

Wordlife

i wouldnt mind giving up pj and maybe like nocioni, but now BG or Luol, they are startin to show that they are somewhat of a threat in the NBA, im from chicago and a huge ass bulls fan, so yeah... idk... but o'neal on da bulls would be sweet

phantomgerald

alright then, i think either nocioni or deng will be part of the deal, but who else? duhon, thomas?

Wordlife

i'd dump duhon off bcuz u can draft a PG in the draft... plus you got kirk and gordon, i'd trade pj duhon and nocioni for like a KG or Jermaine bcuz u cant have pj playing center when he is straight up garbage, ben wallace is great but he just aint tall enuff... and if da bulls draft the tall asian guy... keep em and den maybe later package em up ina good deal/trade for sum1 good

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
As for Gerald Wallace, I'd actually like to see him in Detroit. With both Sheed's and Webber's future in Detroit uncertain, it would make sense for Joe Dumars to go after Geral and help bolster their front-line... Of course, in a perfect world Detroit would re-sign Billups and sign Gerald Wallace. Too bad they probably don't have enough money to pay both men.

You can like all you want but Gerald is staying here in Charlotte.

Wordlife

gerald wallace is a beast in charlotte and will stay there... i agree ^^^

phantomgerald

i think the bobcats might think about getting billups, they got loads of cap room

Wordlife

if dey get billups... they'll get rip hamilton too bcuz rip said if billups leaves... he wants out