NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

he was trying to see if anyone will overpay him to join them. But i still think he'll return to the nets. He would have definately went to Charlotte if they didn't trade for the poor man's version of Carter with a bigget contract(a.k.a J-Rich).

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
Carter goes back to Jersey...I would have liked to have seen him in a "new jersey" this next and up and coming season.

Unless in the works they are going to do a sign and trade in the future.

phantomgerald

trade Carter for Gerald Wallace and capitalize on MJ the stupid GM. Get him to commit Wallace, next year's pick and Okafor, then NJ will really be the best team in the west, while MJ will think he got a great team with Carter and J-rich.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I mean understand how great of a player MJ was but honestly who is telling the moves he is making are good? I get they're an expansion team and young and they're slowly improving but c'mon. Brandon Wright for J-Rich? That was just ugggghh. A rookie big man with tons of potential vs an injury prone SG. Honestly the last thing the Bobcats needed was another Scorer/SG if anything they needed a PG.

circle

Reaction score
I remember MJ drafting Kwame Brown, and bringing in Hughes and Alexander, but they traded away Rip Hamilton for Stackhouse.

I'm not liking the J-Rich acquisition. The bobcats could've done better, but they really need their big men to be healthy for longer than 1 hour in Okefor and May if the Cats will contend this year.

As far as the bulls are concern they need to make a move now...Don't care if its KG, J'Oneal, or Kobe, but they need to get someone. I think Ben Wallace is on the decline and getting a guy who can shoulder the load will help chicago tremendously.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah the Bulls weakness is in the post. Wallace will guard the rim defensively but not offensively. The Bulls guards are streak shooters and when they're not knocking down shots they need to be able to drop it in the post to get some easy baskets. The best teams in the league have that to their advantage.

circle

Reaction score
Rashard Lewis agrees to go to Orlando

However they need to make a move quickly on Darko or agree to a sign a trade

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
Fisher leaves the Jazz for the family purposes of his daughter.

I wonder if this frees up Utah some cap space...will they be able to make a run at a sign and trade for a big two guard or will they stay put the off season and sign a role player?

phantomgerald

Well there aren't any marquee free agent that is a 2 guard, so i reckon they could work a trade invloving kirilenko

Rell

Reaction score
During the playoffs there was a story in the Los Angeles discussing Fisher, he stated that he would love to play in Los Angeles again if he had the chance...If the Lakers do sign him he wont make them a threat but anything is an upgrade from Smush Parker...but sadly it seems he may retire.

Steve Francis contract will be bought out by Portland and there is rumors that he will sign with the Clippers which would make sense because Mobley is his best friend and with Shaun Livingston's knee injury, the Clippers need a PG.

There is also Rumors of Ron Artest being traded to the NY Knicks....how much money does the Knicks have?

last but not least, Yi's people are trying to get the Bucks to move him to a city with a larger Asian population. Some of the city's mentioned are Los Angeles, San Fransisco, and Minnesota....I think the Milwaukee are dumb for even taking him, they should have known this would happen.

Edit:
ARTICLE: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers3jul03,1,5112958.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

PHOTO:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lat-fisher_hxooujkf,1,3725373.photo?coll=la-headlines-sports

Looks like I was right, Fish is considering LA :)

Defiant One

Reaction score
I hope Derek doesnt retire and he plays a few more years. If its LA so be it. Man how Francis has fallen went from The Franchise to nowhere. He did nothing in Orlando, nothing in New York, and he was only traded for because of his contract. He is not even 30 yet here is to hoping he gets his career together. I heard the same rumors regarding Artest, he wants to go back to his hometown. It seems like a good deal but with Starbury, Randolph, AND Artest may be a little too much character issues for one team. I do think regardless of whether or not Artest gets dealt for the Knicks will be a better team this year or at least they should be. As for Yi he fails to realize he is a rookie, he should let his play do the talking for him. People in China will still buy his jersey, watch his games and follow his career no matter what city he is in.

turdman85

Reaction score
The Grizzlies look good next year,NBA will have a great season

phantomgerald

Yi is thick-headed. As far as I'm concerned, as a fellow chinese, I would have supported him, but his attitude disgusts me. If he's so picky, then he could always not apply for the draft and go to the team he wants and ask them to sign him for a non-drafted rookie pay and the team will be more than happy. Plus, he thinks he's so good that the teams should go to his work-out and not the other way round.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah the part that pisses me off is he is just a rookie, he hasnt done a damn thing in the NBA yet and he already is a diva. Its so fucked up.

phantomgerald

I hope he flops. I think he isn't going to go that high if he was American. His commercial potential helps pull him up in the draft