NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

well they lost shaq and what could possibly have many more rings by now, and i don't think the lakers are a good team even if they get a low post player. smush parker, kwanme brown are all not good enough to be starters.

Marion to move huh? i can't see where he could possibly go to maybe to the bulls, especially since they're in the eastern conference

Defiant One

Reaction score
I agree Smush and Kwame just arent starters. They need a staring PG, PF, & C. All they have is Kobe and Odom but Odom looks likely to be on the move now.

Marion has said he probally wont resign with Boston if he gets traded there, so I have no clue where he will end up. I still cant believe the Suns wont part with Amare. Thats crazy to me.

PeepShow

The Lakers should have taken the deal midseason with Jason Kidd.

I think that the 3 way deal w/ the picks/KG/and Amare is a good deal for all three parties. The draft picks for Min. give them a nucleus to build around. And maybe draft Brandon Wright to replace KG. Amare would make a huge impact in Atlanta w/ Joe Johnson and well, we all know what KG can do. So I think that would be a great deal for all 3

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah I completely agree PeeP but the Suns dont want to move Amare to get KG, which is dumb in my mind because there best player Steve Nash is already 33 either nearing the end of his prime or it just ended, and The Suns will have wasted his best years. With KG they have a great shot to win it all within the next year or two. Amare may be the future but Nash's better years will have been behind him by then.

Rell

Reaction score
Why are you guys trash talking my lakers? Smush Parker is not on our roster anymore, We are trying to move Kwame Brown, who has an expiring contract so is attractive to some teams out there, especially the Kings who want to move Artest...Jordan Farmar is our PG for the future, he has shown that he can play at a high level, and more importantly he is a PG by ability, not a PG by height. Bynum will be great, trust me, don't forget about the Minnesota game when KG was guarding him...20pts 15reb's and 3blk's, and last year was basically his rookie season because he didn't play much in his first year. Hopefully the Lakers will move Kobe who basically doesnt want to be there and Keep Bynum and Farmar who in a few years will be a nice PG/C combination.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Im not knocking Farmar he SHOULD be great but right away? I dont know, in a year or two perhaps. Bynum is wrought with potential but same could have been said for Kwame. Just to keep things in persepctive.

PeepShow

Who cares about the damn Lakers....lol JK JK

The Bulls are my Favorite team, so Ill talk about them. I think if the Bulls got Kobe or KG like Ive been hearing the rumors, they would be a great team. The only problem is that they would have to get rid of guys like Ben Gordon or Luol Deng and other young talent

Rell

Reaction score
Don't say that man, If Bynum turns out be a Kwame Brown type of player I'll cry...Its a shame because Kwame Brown was coming into his own a few years ago, near the end of the 05-06 season Kwame was looking like a productive player averaging about 15 and 10 during the last 20 games, he was pretty good in the playoffs against the Suns as well, but last season he was injured all year so we basically don't know if he improved or not. Hopefully he did improve, but knowing Kwame, he probably didn't lol. I hope Kwame the best in his career, I just hope next year he will not be a Laker.

Defiant One

Reaction score
PeeP i've been saying this forever, but the Bulls dont need a "superstar" player the have the whole Pistons thing going on. 5 great players beat 1 superstar player. Next year whether or not KG or Kobe is in Chicago the Bulls will still be one of if not the best team in the East.

Rell bless your little heart, all you want for Christmas is a good Lakers squad lol. Seriously for a brief moment it appeared Kwame was improving but then he gets injured negating any of that. Part of me feels bad for kwame because he is always the punchline but idk.

Rell

Reaction score
Its really not that hard to be the best team in the East...do you guys really believe the Bulls can compete with the Spurs? I guarantee if the Bulls were in the West with the type of roster they had last year, they would be in the same position the Lakers are.

Defiant One

Reaction score
HA! Its no secret the West is far superior to the East, but the Lakers arent even in the Bulls league (well technically they are but you know what I mean). If the lakers were in the East then they'd be in the same exact position, they're that bad. The Bulls in the West would be somewhere 4-7th. Dont forget the Bulls nearly had the 3 seed as opposed to the 6 seed the difference was less than a game.

PeepShow

Well ya, the Eastern Conference is basically the JV league, but it still doesnt matter. They are playing for the same prize at the end of the season. So the Eastern Conference players need just as much talent on thier teams as the West does.....

Defiant One

Reaction score
Look at the Pistons, no real Superstar but five excellent players. 3 years ago they beat Kobe and Shaq, then a year later they took the Spurs to 7 games and nearly won it all. The Bulls are following the same path the Pistons took.

Rell

Reaction score
Check This Out...

Luke Walton +20
Lamar Odom +20
Kwame Brown +20
Chris Mihm Entire Season
Vladimir Radmanovic +20

Hell Phil Jackson missed like 4 games with a hip injury, do with that information as you please...4 of our original starters missed +20 games, matter of fact, Lamar Odom missed almost 40 games last year and Mihm missed the entire season.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I feel you Rell, but injuries are injuries. In 06 when The Spurs lost to the Mavs in the Conference Semis. Duncan, Ginobili, Parker there three best players all had nagging injuries but they still won over 60 games. Compare the Bulls lineup with that of the Lakers:
Bulls
Hinrich (two way player)
Gordon (scorer)
Deng (two way player)
Brown (defensive)
Wallace (defensive)

Lakers
Smush (.....)
Kobe (speaks for himself)
Odom (two way player)
Cook (ocassional offense)
Kwame (defense)

The lakers other than Kobe have no offense.