NBA Official off season talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

lewis i can see going to a team like the raptors or magic.

Chicago is my second favourite team after the spurs and i think they definately need some low post score. go for KG and if that fails, go for jermaine o'neal. the deal should make chicago give up duhon, brown, nocioni and maybe a second round pick, nothing more.

Defiant One

Reaction score
If the Bulls get a low post scorer without giving up too much, then I think they're a lock for the Finals. KG would do quite nicely in that capacity but one problem he only wants to go to Phoenix.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
Anybody just see that shit?

garnetttrade.jpg

Defiant One

Reaction score
Wow that seems like a good idea if you ask me. Pierce gets O'Neal, Kobe gets KG, T-Wolves get Jefferson and the number 5 pick, and the Pacers get Odom and Bynum. It works from every angle, now its just a matter of KG wanting to go to LA, and O'Neal wanting to go to Boston.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Eh the real powerhouses will be alright. The Spurs, Mavericks, Suns, and Jazz. Which is good because the Mavericks are my favorite team, and I think they have a great chance to win the title next year. In fact they're my pick to beat the Bulls in the Finals.

phantomgerald

the deal have reportedly fallen through and now Lakers are talking directly to the T-wolves. Can't see what they're going to give up though. and another team that now have alot of cap space is philly, and they could do with a free agent like billups

Defiant One

Reaction score
KG for Odom and Bynum, This trade makes alot of sense too me. Reportedly KG is trying to get a hold of Kobe to make sure if this all goes through Kobe will back off of his trade demand. Also allegedly the Celtics have no interest in Jermaine O'Neal. just thought id throw that in there

phantomgerald

yeah well i think its a smart move by the celtics. I think jermaine o'neal is overpaid and overatted and overpaid. the celts got a good young taem and there should work on improving

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah I also think O'Neal is over-rated. I mean he is a 20 and 10 guy but he never impacts a game like Duncan, Dirk, Yao, or Shaq.

phantomgerald

apparently, the deal with KG might be finalizing soon. KG have called KB to ask if he would stay should KG be traded there.

draft in a few hours. Oden or durant?

Defiant One

Reaction score
I heard just the opposite and the KG deal wouldnt invlove him going to LA but rather Phoenix, the suns would give up Marion to the Celtics or Stoudamire to the Hawks.

Oden easily, Durant is a scorer but its easier to win Titles with a big man. Since Jordan retired from the Bulls, Shaq and Duncan have 8/9 titles. A dominant big man is far better in the NBA.

EDIT The biggest rumor on ESPN is KG to the Suns, Amare to the Hawks, and picks 3 and 11 to the Wolves. Thats the latest trade talks, and all teams are still talking about making this happen.

The Pacers want to move O'Neal to LA for Bynum and Odom, but Kobe only wants KG.

Rell

Reaction score
^ Your exactly right D1, I just heard the same thing on ESPN. I think it will be best if the Lakers move Kobe Bryant, keep Bynum, and start a rebuilding precess...from my understanding, Kobe can opt out after next year so if they don't move him now chances are he will opt out and leave the Lakers with nothing...It's better to get something for him now IMO. Gilbert Arenas said he will opt out from his Wizards deal next year and he grew up in Los Angeles, he wanted to play for the clippers a few years ago....what I'm basically trying to say is MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN LAKERS!!!!

phantomgerald

i think the lakers should just trade him now, and pick up some high picks in this draft, which is one of the deepest ever, and start rebuilding for the future. i think lakers fans would rather see them become finalists again in five years time than constantly trying to scrape into the playoffs

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah I watched ESPN last night and Jim Gray talked to Steve Kerr GM of the Suns and he said there are NO TALKS of moving Amare. Which means they may just plan to move Marion or something. Gray also said the Lakers only plan to make a trade if it makes LA better. Which means he hasnt tried to move Kobe but he everyone else can be moved.

Now to what Phantom said I agree but the problem is the Lakers dont want to be known as the organization who traded away Shaq and Kobe and got nothing for them. They'll go down as the team that traded away their dynasty for dumb reasons.