NBA 2014-2015 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Fuck the stats, I watched the game. It wasn't just on JR, there was this comic situation where they all let the paint uncovered so LeBron just marched through it for a massive dunk. They stand no chance with shit like that.
lol down by 7 with a little bit of time left sure let him not kill clock lol, that's smart management not to waste their fouls until the very end.

LeBron Driving on a fast break 9 out of 10 times is going inm, why risk the And-One?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
that finish scared the shit out of me

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
that finish scared the shit out of me

LOL thankfully I took a Steph w/ +25 pt bet aside from my GW winnning by 6 lol... got bey an extra $10 had either of them not hit I'd be down by like $100.. I took GS winning game 3 by 3+ for $20 by thw wns od rhw nifhr qw'll aww id ir hpppwna.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tis what separates Steph from Harden right there.. 38 Pts is good and all but you better have that instinct to finish the game off with that little time on the clock instead of passing it to someone who has minimal shot at making that 3 under pressure.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Random things I came across looking at JR Smith's profile and shit today.. 1) We were born in the same Hospital in Freehold, NJ. 2) For a little bit he lived in a house that was a block away from my house out there.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
OMG I marked so hard at this new Beats ad

Can't believe my dude Draymond is getting ad spots now. So fucking awesome. Loved this guy since we drafted him, but I never imagined he would be 1st team all defense, getting all NBA votes and getting national notoriety like crazy. fucking thrilled for the guy, so well deserved.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I can't stop watching it. "Did you see your mom's tweets tonight??"

lmao

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You think Golden State is going to be able to hang onto him?
I'm positive he is going nowhere. From earlier this season:

-Q: One thing coming up in the future is Draymond Green’s restricted free agency. That would likely put you into the luxury tax if you keep him. This franchise has never paid the luxury tax. Are you prepared to go into the tax next summer to keep this team together?

-LACOB: Committed or not committed, I don’t think we have any other choice. Numbers would dictate–anyone can look at them–that we’re very likely in the luxury tax and very likely very substantially, next year.

And you know what? We’re OK with that. I tell Bob all the time; he keeps asking me, ‘Are you sure?’ We’re prepared to do whatever it takes to win a championship; I’ve said that before.

You want to do it when the timing is right. Maybe the timing’s right, right? We’re pretty good. And so, I think we need to take advantage of that and go for it.

Our fans, that’s what they want to hear. And the truth is, it’s what I want to hear. And what I want to think. And what our management and ownership… there isn’t one owner that I know of or one person in management here that doesn’t think this way.

Luxury tax? It’s not something you want to do, it’s very penal. But can’t be worried about that right now. That is really not the issue. The issue is being the best team we can be and we’re going to do whatever it takes.

-Q: So you’re re-signing Draymond Green?

-LACOB: Draymond Green! I’m not allowed per NBA rules as you know to make certain statements about who we’re going sign or how hard we’re going to try to sign that person.

What I will say is, he was born to be a Warrior. And we love him. I certainly think today as we look at our team, he’s part of our core and can’t imagine it being otherwise.

-Q: Could you see going into the tax for multiple years? Or just one year?

-LACOB: The numbers are going to change as you know with the new TV contract. So I don’t think that’s as big of an issue. Frankly, this is a one-year deal for us, that the issue exists–likely exists.

We’re prepared to do whatever we need to do to become the best team we can be. Two years out? Three years out? Hard to say.

I can just tell you that the team is performing at a very high level here and as long as we have great players that we can hold onto, we’re going to do it.

You don’t try to do these things for one year. We want to be a great team that hopefully wins a championship soon and that can sustain that over a long period of time. So it is our intention to do that no matter what.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/02/02/joe-lacob-part-2-warriors-far/

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So a 1 yr max deal for now, at least until the new deal comes in effect for the league.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why would Draymond want a 1 year deal? Probably something like 4/48 if I had to guess.
well I mean they could give him more money when the new deal comes into place without hurting themselves with the tax. Kinda like Cleveland's doing with LBJ.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
well I mean they could give him more money when the new deal comes into place without hurting themselves with the tax. Kinda like Cleveland's doing with LBJ.
I think they'll avoid the tax by trading David Lee.