NBA 2014-2015 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I epect two rough brawls tonight. Any update on John Wall? And Tony Allen is questionable for the game.
I think the Allen "injury" is Joerger trying to outfox Kerr into wasting time prepping for a Grizzlies team that won't feature Allen heavily. I watched Allen's interview after game 4 and he was fine, very intense and didn't even mention his hamstring.

Personally I think they have to feature Allen heavily tonight, no matter what GS is doing defensively to take advantage of his horrible offensive game. He is too vital to their defense to only play him 16 minutes again. Kerr essentially ignoring Allen and letting Bogut rome the paint as an extra help defender was the catalyst for our game 4 win. If we use a similar strategy against Allen tonight, which no reason we wouldn't until he proves he can make the right decisions to punish us for it, it will be VERY interesting to see what Joerger does to try and counter it. My best guess is they will try to use Gasol and Randolph in the high post, further away from the basket, to try and create space for Allen as a slasher/cutter. He can't dribble, shoot or finish but he is a fairly smart cutter, so that is the only advantage I can think of for Allen to try and take advantage of this strategy. The other thing would be to just have Allen put his head down and try to attack Bogut with a head of steam to potentially get him in foul trouble, but again, Allen is such a poor scorer that this likely just leads to some embarrassing plays with Bogut shutting him down with ease.

The other option is to bench Allen and play a lineup of more Jeff Green or Vince Carter like they did in game 4. This cripples their defense, and IMO Jeff Green sucks anyway, old man Vince also doesn't belong on the court for heavy minutes in a series such as this. This shows the difference in depth between the two teams. They are looking to Vince Carter's corpse begging for production while we can turn to former All Stars David Lee and Andre Iguodala, both played quality minutes in game 4.

As long as Curry plays within himself like he did in game 4, reads the defense and makes the right play, we will win tonight. If Barnes continues to give us what he has been giving us we could blow them out again. I have loved his assertiveness in this series. He has taken it upon himself to up the physicality and his defense on Z-Bo is a big reason why we were able to do what we did in game 4 with the sag off Allen strategy. I've been way too critical on Barnes the past two seasons, I tend to forget he is a 21 year old kid with world's of potential. To his credit he always brings his best come playoff time.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
uggghhhhh 3 fucking hours till tip hurry the f up

hype hype hype

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I sprained my ankle on the job today so I am home and able to catch the Warriors game/Grizzlies game woot! Only have seen one in this series live..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hopefully they'll clinch next game so they can be decently rested in case the Clippers win this game coming up way later today.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Al Horford, alls I'm sayin.
Yea, he is really killing it in the "let's see who is 3rd best in the shittiest conference of all time" series. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I know you are a big Memphis fan, no thoughts on GS clowning their bully ball?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll clinch next game so they can be decently rested in case the Clippers win this game coming up way later today.
99% sure they will close it out in 6. Memphis has no answers at this point for anything we are doing on either side of the ball.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Yea, he is really killing it in the "let's see who is 3rd best in the shittiest conference of all time" series. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I know you are a big Memphis fan, no thoughts on GS clowning their bully ball?
Hawks/Wiz series > Warriors/Grizzlies series

Errr, when did I say I was a big Memphis fan? Enjoying someone's game =/= being a big fan. But I don't expect from your worthless brains to comprehend a thing so simple. It must be too much. They, the Hawks and the Spurs have my affection because they play a throwback hoops.

And I didn't see you in the thread after games 2 and 3.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The most irritating thing is when people start talking shit to you about the Bulls/Cavs series and they literally haven't watched any of the games fully to back up the claims they make.. so much ignorance from Cavs fans around here.. I like the Cavs too but jesus they are so ignorant around here.. All I say to them is where were you guys at last year? or the year before? I didn't see any Cavs fans open their fucking mouths and cheer for their team for the last 3 years LeBron's been gone.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
The Cavs have no fans, LeBron does. Just like 80% of the current Clippers fanbase couldn't tell you who was the PG before Chris Paul.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Cavs have no fans, LeBron does. Just like 80% of the current Clippers fanbase couldn't tell you who was the PG before Chris Paul.

Shit and Baron Davis was pretty notable too.. Before Blake & CP3 were there I'm pretty sure there were only like 10% of the current CLippers fan base there.