NBA 2014-2015 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
LEL at people already burying the new Mavs based on three games. They're right behind the Spurs and Warriors as the contenders.

IMO.

Houston gonna choke in R1 again.
Cavs can go suck my dick.

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
LEL at people already burying the new Mavs based on three games. They're right behind the Spurs and Warriors as the contenders.

IMO.

Houston gonna choke in R1 again.
Cavs can go suck my dick.
Like I said, I was saying these things when the trade was announced before they had played a game.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
OKC > SA ; that was pretty cool.
WASH > NY ; expected, was a decent game though.
Cavs vs Heat ; this one is a thriller at the moment, both teams are putting on a show pretty much from the start to finish.

Still got my Bulls game at 8 which will be the first time I've stepped out of this lonely ass house all day.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Good final 2 games of Christmas day, Bulls win.. Thought Golden State had it under control from the start but I guess that didn't happen.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Team played like shit again. Having no real centers on the roster didn't help any. Games like this Curry needs to be more aggressive. It is hard when they are doubling you as soon as you cross half court, but damn.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Team played like shit again. Having no real centers on the roster didn't help any. Games like this Curry needs to be more aggressive. It is hard when they are doubling you as soon as you cross half court, but damn.

He seemed to be pretty aggressive to start the game but he definitely cooled down from that.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
1-2 since the trade, realistically would be 0-3 if the Spurs didn't rest everyone against them.

Rondo is a bad fit. They were deeper and better off without this trade. Rondo's pathetic shooting is going to do a lot more harm to this formerly league leading offense than his passing will do to help. I predict: no playoffs for Dallas. No extension for Rondo.

Monta looks all sort of out of whack trying to find his role in the offense now that Rondo is so ball dominant. 8/22 and 5/17 while averaging 4 TOs in games 2 and 3 of this experiment.

oh and Rondo's defense is in reputation only. He isn't anything amazing on that end. Guys get off on him all the time, just like Dragic the other night.

I could stop and think to myself that this is an overreaction, but since I sort of felt this coming on when the trade was announced I think it is more playing out how I expected than reacting to what I'm seeing.
You are likely overreacting but that is what sports critics do.
The three game stretch to which you alluded aren't giving Rick Carlisle enough credit.
They won't miss the playoffs because of Rondo even if it means playing Ellis off the bench.
It's early and even the Spurs are barely over .500.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
LOL of course when Mike Dunleavy blows up the rest of the team shuts down, that is very unlike the Bulls.. D-Rose had a VERY rough night.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
That's what a good few days rest will get you! He's still got talent no doubt but the old man has to take some breaks every now and again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He has been the most inefficient chucker in the league this season and terrible defensively. He is a net negative for the Lakers, no doubt in my mind. Once you factor in the contract he is undoubtedly the LVP in the NBA. All due respect to his great career.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
I lel at people who think the Lakers would be a better team without Kobe. With Kobe, Lakers are still a bad team, no doubt as the numbers show it. Without Kobe doe, Lakers are right out there with the fucking 76ers and Knicks, probably the 3rd worst team in the league.

I am by no means a Kobe apologist or a big ass Lakers fan, but the lack of disrespect these days by some drooling fucking "reporters", keyboard umbrellas and LeBum "fans" for a 5x NBA Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 3rd all time scorer, 16x All-Star etc etc. just irks the fuck out of me.

Yeah, his FG% and need to take literally every clutch shot suck balls, but he is the only natural leader in the team right now, and it's pretty hard to do it while being 36, also after going through career threatening injuries.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Oh btw, Rose has been terrible last two games. 2/15 against the Nets, 7/25 against the T-Wolves; which makes it 9/40 holy fuckin shit

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I lel at people who think the Lakers would be a better team without Kobe. With Kobe, Lakers are still a bad team, no doubt as the numbers show it. Without Kobe doe, Lakers are right out there with the fucking 76ers and Knicks, probably the 3rd worst team in the league.

I am by no means a Kobe apologist or a big ass Lakers fan, but the lack of disrespect these days by some drooling fucking "reporters", keyboard umbrellas and LeBum "fans" for a 5x NBA Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 3rd all time scorer, 16x All-Star etc etc. just irks the fuck out of me.

Yeah, his FG% and need to take literally every clutch shot suck balls, but he is the only natural leader in the team right now, and it's pretty hard to do it while being 36, also after going through career threatening injuries.
The Lakers are not sniffing the playoffs with or without Kobe. He isn't a top 50 player in the league right now, and I'm being generous. He probably isn't top 100 all things considered. I admire his ability to come back after two horrific injuries at his age, but he isn't doing anything other than chasing stats at this point, which is fine, but he isn't the Kobe we know and remember except in name.