NBA 2014-2015 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Houston Rockets have emerged as the frontrunner for Josh Smith, according to Yahoo! Sports.

From an offensive standpoint, this makes zero sense. Smith gave himself the nickname Mid Range Shawty a couple years ago and the Rockets take less mid-range shots than any team.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Lol 76ers beating a couple clutch teams for their only wins of the season..

Damn @Dolph'sZiggler I had $20 on the Dubs tonight what happened.. never thought I'd lose a straight win vs loss bet vs the Lakers with the Warriors.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I saw it coming. Christmas in LA, we play the Clippers on X Mas day, no Kobe for the first time leads to the entire Lakers roster trying to show they can play ball... team came out lethargic. 4th loss of the year and the first time we've laid an egg. It happens

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah he's had his eyes set on that team since this past off-season started, not surprising.. The issue is that Houston doesn't like to shoot mid range shots in their game plan and they already had 2 upcoming Power Forwards so I kind of don't see where Houston's coming from but hey it's one more big man to have on your roster I suppose.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah he's had his eyes set on that team since this past off-season started, not surprising.. The issue is that Houston doesn't like to shoot mid range shots in their game plan and they already had 2 upcoming Power Forwards so I kind of don't see where Houston's coming from but hey it's one more big man to have on your roster I suppose.
I've heard Terrance Jones may end up missing the season

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
So in the end, will this make Houston a stronger, more powerful team or will they stay chokers/1st round exit team? I'm still torn on this question.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
So in the end, will this make Houston a stronger, more powerful team or will they stay chokers/1st round exit team? I'm still torn on this question.
This is a great landing spot for him because it could go either way.

Houston could make sense because.... he plays good D when he wants to, is Dwight's good buddy, is a great athlete and if this pans out they become legit contenders

This could blow up in Houston's face because... Josh Smith is a complete moron whose game isn't always conducive to winning, he is a shitty 3 point shooter but loves to shoot threes (Houston is the most 3 pt jacking team in the league, if they let him fire at will get ready for lulz), they are signing a PF when they don't really need one (D Mo has played well w/ Jones out) and this could easily blow up in Houston's face, resulting in them not even making the playoffs in the stacked West.

very intriguing

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It was against the D-League Spurs, but Ellis also had 4 steals.
With Rondo being a great defender that frees Ellis to work the open floor to tap away forced passes into steals.
That much seemed obvious before the game, but I was surprised the two worked so effectively, so quickly.
With it being so early in the season, I don't sense this as a fluke as Rondo was finding everybody for open looks last night.
Ellis did close the game, ball in hand as you foresaw however.

Scoring 38 against the D-League squad would probably translate to 20-25 in the same home game in Dallas.
1-2 since the trade, realistically would be 0-3 if the Spurs didn't rest everyone against them.

Rondo is a bad fit. They were deeper and better off without this trade. Rondo's pathetic shooting is going to do a lot more harm to this formerly league leading offense than his passing will do to help. I predict: no playoffs for Dallas. No extension for Rondo.

Monta looks all sort of out of whack trying to find his role in the offense now that Rondo is so ball dominant. 8/22 and 5/17 while averaging 4 TOs in games 2 and 3 of this experiment.

oh and Rondo's defense is in reputation only. He isn't anything amazing on that end. Guys get off on him all the time, just like Dragic the other night.

I could stop and think to myself that this is an overreaction, but since I sort of felt this coming on when the trade was announced I think it is more playing out how I expected than reacting to what I'm seeing.