NASCAR's Tony Stewart allegedly hits, kills driver at dirt-track race in New York

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
QXuyPZo.jpg

Like I said, he was a full two steps further down the track when Stewart passed compared to the previous car.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Two sides to every story

Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything that happened.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

"The driver of the car that spun, exited the race car and walked down the track onto the racing surface," the sheriff's news release states. "Two racecars traveling in tandem approached as the driver continued down the track, gesturing to the two approaching cars.

"The first car swerved to avoid the driver out on the track. The second car, operated by Tony Stewart, struck the driver."

The 43-year-old Stewart has 48 Cup wins in 542 career starts. Stewart, who missed the last 15 Cup races last year after breaking his leg in two places in a sprint-car crash, is winless and 19th in the standings this year.

Stewart made the smart decision to not race Sunday at Watkins Glen. Stewart-Haas Racing vice president Greg Zipadelli said it was Stewart's decision, and the team did what Stewart feels is right. Regan Smith drove the car.

"A tragic accident took place last night during a sprint car race in which Tony Stewart was participating," an SHR spokesman said in a statement. "Tony was unhurt, but a fellow competitor lost his life. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends."

Graves, who described himself as a huge Stewart fan until Saturday night, doesn't think Stewart should be racing.

"Tony Stewart needs to be put in prison for life," Graves said.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I don't see the argument here. It's sports. When you participate in a violent sport somebody may die. There is no way around that fact.
Family and friends may be butt-hurt but that could made his mind that he would be a race car driver.
Everybody needs to stop being such pu**ies and move on.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Most Blue move I've ever seen on a race track, ESPECIALLY a DIRT TRACK don't leave the fucking roll cage and walk onto the track, Tony had what, .9 seconds to react, he was not far behind someone when that initial person barely missed the kid. Honestly if Tony faces punishment for this I will be VERY surprised...

If you've never raced the track on both dirt or roadway please hold your opinions, the physics are almost beyond comprehension for like I said anyone not experienced at least a little bit on both types of track.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
The people who are calling Tony Stewart a murderer are probably the same idiots that thought/think that Sterling Marlin killed Dale Earnhardt.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The guy is pretty stupid regardless, really no one else to blame . Sure it's caution but 40 mph is still pretty fast. Don't go on the track, you don't get ran over.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Gotta say it's always amusing seeing people dispute things like this (not just here but on Youtube/website comments and such). Suddenly everyone is a racer/lawyer/genius.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It seems Danielson is the humanist, 'every life is precious' stance.
Steve Austin may as well sue Owen Hart's old lady
Its time Droz press charges on D'Lo Brown, is it not?

If all you've learned from this story is that someone was killed and someone needs to pay, fine.
It makes you a humanitarian, but it also makes you pigheaded. If you were in Tony Stewart's shoes you'd be singing a different song. Lol

I'm glad we have a video and sensible people investigating this

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I wonder when Deth is going to make a happy thread again. All I see is doom and gloom.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It seems Danielson is the humanist, 'every life is precious' stance.
Steve Austin may as well sue Owen Hart's old lady
Its time Droz press charges on D'Lo Brown, is it not?

If all you've learned from this story is that someone was killed and someone needs to pay, fine.
It makes you a humanitarian, but it also makes you pigheaded. If you were in Tony Stewart's shoes you'd be singing a different song. Lol

I'm glad we have a video and sensible people investigating this
Actually, you're wrong about me, but thank you for the assessment of my life pal. I'm going to spend the next 12 seconds completely forgetting about it.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Actually, you're wrong about me, but thank you for the assessment of my life pal. I'm going to spend the next 12 seconds completely forgetting about it.
Sorry, its just the way you come off to me. You seemed oblivious to what others were pointing out; they were pointing out flaws in your argument and you tuned them out.
I didn't mean to judge you as a person. I converse with Nero, D'Z and Deth all the time and we all tend to shoot straight. If I talked to them, the way I talked to you they would still be defending their argument, not be offended.

That, maybe doesn't help much. Social grace is not my forte in the least.