Montel Vontavious Porter Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Choose Slack

Reaction score
RRumble 92: Flair's victory in Rumble
Mania 3: Steamboat vs Savage
Mania 10: Owen vs Bret
SSlam 91: Bret vs Perfect
SSlam 92: Bulldog vs Bret
SSlam 98: Triple H vs Rock "Ladder Match"
SSeries 91: Undertaker vs Hogan
SSeries 94: Backlund vs Bret
SSeries 98: Rock vs Mankind
Bad Blood 97: HBK vs Undertaker: HIAC
GABash 86: Dusty vs Flair: Steel Cage
GABash 87: Road Warriors, Nikita, Dusty and Paul Ellering vs Flair, Arn, Lex, Tully and Dillion "War Games"
GABash 89: Funk vs Flair
GABash 98: Malenko vs Benoit
Clash of Champions: Sting vs Flair March 1988
Clash of Champions: Steamboat vs Flair April 89
Clash of Champions: Funk vs Flair Nov 89
Wrestlewar 89: Steamboat vs Flair
Chi Town Rumble: Steamboat vs Flair

John

montana said i can bump this thread to put some videos in so mods and admins montana said its ok. here they are classic moments.

shawn michaels vs. hogan
part 1
[yt]w3chKHhD1Ho[/yt]
part 2
[yt]sLWBM3YEd2w[/yt]
part 3
[yt]NkLGvdcS8rU[/yt]

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar MVP as of December 2, 2010. WWE wishes MVP the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mvpreleased

The WWE announced today that they have released Hassan Hamin Assad, a.k.a. Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP):

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar MVP as of December 2, 2010. WWE wishes MVP the best in all future endeavors.

MVP noted on his Twitter that he was not fired, and he had requested for his release.

"No need for alarm," he wrote. "I did not get fired . I asked for & received my release. I felt it was time to go international & freshen things up.

"They're not screwing me this time. They're actually DOING RIGHT by me ! They've honored MY request."

Figured this was coming but didn't think it would be this soon. Wonder if he will be on Shane Helms' Highway 2 Helms Internet Show in the near future such as Matt Hardy did.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Update on the Story. I expect more will be uncovered tomorrow.

As we reported earlier, the WWE announced today that they have released Hassan Hamin Assad, a.k.a. Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP):

MVP noted on his Twitter that he was not fired, and he had requested for his release.

"No need for alarm," he wrote. "I did not get fired . I asked for & received my release. I felt it was time to go international & freshen things up.

"They're not screwing me this time. They're actually DOING RIGHT by me ! They've honored MY request."

Since that update, MVP posted the following: "We all have many dreams. Realizing one sometimes prevents you from realizing another. Decisions must be pondered & made ! Stand by ..."

The word is that MVP's release isn't much of a surprise to the other wrestlers since he has been making noises about leaving for awhile now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Poor guy. WWE just refused to do anything serious with him, despite the fact he was over as hell. I guess they just couldn't figure out a way to market him. I always thought he made a better heel than a face anyways.

Well, considering he wants to go "international", it's a safe bet he isn't going to TNA, lmao.

Kairi

Reaction score
I'm glad he used twitter as a means of saying He asked for it and in turn received it. Hopefully he has good luck in his future choices.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That makes some noise about wanting to leave is probably something that just got added in considering the way MVP said it was like it was just something he recently decided on and was glad WWE didn't give him the Matt Hardy treatment.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I still don't get "going international". He is on record of saying he can't work Japan and never went on tour with WWE there.

All that really leaves is Mexico, but I'm not sure if he would fit better in AAA or CMLL

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm not really sure MVP's style translates to lucha libre, so Mexico might not be a good fit for him.

scottcs88

Reaction score
three Letters one word on where he is going to be heading can anyone guess what they are?

TNA I can see him Making it big and maybe world champion one day over there.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I just hope he doesn't become a cryptic tweeter over 30 like Matt Hardy and actually shows up somewhere soon. I always enjoyed his indy work more than his run in WWE. Well, in-ring wise anyways. I enjoyed his heel character the most in WWE though.

Kylie

Reaction score
It's a shame that he felt the need to leave WWE, but hopefully he's back on his feet soon enough, even if it does mean a contract with TNA.

Kizza

Reaction score
Because neither of them dropped Orton on his neck or asked for their release?