MLB 2014 Official Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Home grown talent at its finest. Oh wait, former Brewer?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
do you kiss your sister wife with that mouth.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
A's got a hell of a player yesterday. You have to figure the AL has yet to really see him pitch either. Might be scary good.

I have Kershaw, and Felix Hernandez on my pay money Fantasy Baseball League. I lead every category in pitching. It was a auction draft, and I remember thinking I'll over pay for those two. Turned out to be a smart choice.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
helluva trade by BB. two more solid arms added to our rotation. a rare win now move by the organization

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Holy shit the Cubbies did pull the trigger on skhak,sdh, huge for the already amazing A's.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
samardzija is pretty over rated in my book. I can't believe the cubbies did the deal though. They now have 3 top prospects in all of baseball. A's usually don't do that kind of trade. Interesting.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
samardzija is pretty over rated in my book. I can't believe the cubbies did the deal though. They now have 3 top prospects in all of baseball. A's usually don't do that kind of trade. Interesting.
I was really, really surprised they pulled it also, considering he has another full year under contract. I think this one will hurt them, as he could have been afforded easily for a team that pulls in good #'s because their stadium is old as dirt.

Bad move in my opinion, but i have 0 idea on how good the prospects are. They really do have a team to pull together 3 years from now, but i'm just going to enjoy 1st place and tell all my friends in chicago to go american league or don't waste my time.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I was really, really surprised they pulled it also, considering he has another full year under contract. I think this one will hurt them, as he could have been afforded easily for a team that pulls in good #'s because their stadium is old as dirt.

Bad move in my opinion, but i have 0 idea on how good the prospects are. They really do have a team to pull together 3 years from now, but i'm just going to enjoy 1st place and tell all my friends in chicago to go american league or don't waste my time.
8 earned runs, 2 earned runs, 4 earned runs, 1 earned run, 5 earned runs. Welcome back to earth Jeff

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
8 earned runs, 2 earned runs, 4 earned runs, 1 earned run, 5 earned runs. Welcome back to earth Jeff
Gallardo is our "ace" and it looks like his track record. You also have to take into effect the catcher calling the pitches, and who is pulling the trigger on the bullpen far too late standing in the dugout.

Sahskahsdk will be a decent pitcher anywhere outside of Chicago.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Gallardo is our "ace" and it looks like his track record. You also have to take into effect the catcher calling the pitches, and who is pulling the trigger on the bullpen far too late standing in the dugout.

Sahskahsdk will be a decent pitcher anywhere outside of Chicago.
Bottom line is that he had a great few months, and he's coming back to his career numbers, which is a 3 guy. A's gave up prospects which should get you an ace. You get what I'm saying?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bottom line is that he had a great few months, and he's coming back to his career numbers, which is a 3 guy. A's gave up prospects which should get you an ace. You get what I'm saying?
Yes, princess, I do. I am surprised the A's needed to make a trade considering their record tbh. He is a #3 starter for sure, but is also under contract for this year and all of next year, and you cannot expect all prospects to work out.

I don't see it as a great deal or a bust at all at this moment in time, i do see him being a quality starter there considering Bartolo fucking Colon did well there and he is a fat shit on steroids. If he can do well in Oakland anyone can imo.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Let's put it this way Aids. Brewers did a similar trade, gave up less, and got C.C. Sabathia

Hammel is actually the better pitcher

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes, princess, I do. I am surprised the A's needed to make a trade considering their record tbh. He is a #3 starter for sure, but is also under contract for this year and all of next year, and you cannot expect all prospects to work out.

I don't see it as a great deal or a bust at all at this moment in time, i do see him being a quality starter there considering Bartolo fucking Colon did well there and he is a fat shit on steroids. If he can do well in Oakland anyone can imo.
Bartolo Colon is 6-2 in his last 8 starts as a met. Can't rip him or talk shit about roids with mr fagot boy starting for u