MLB 2014 Official Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Let's put it this way Aids. Brewers did a similar trade, gave up less, and got C.C. Sabathia

Hammel is actually the better pitcher
But CC was a buy for half a season, ashaksd is for a year and a half and for dirt ass cheap, which the A's need.

Hammel is dope as fuck IMO, I am butthurt as hell knowing we had no shot. In other news, our future 1st basemen broke his arm earlier this week and might be up in time for sept callups. Either way Bob and Doug Melvin are baseball gods and BB is their king. I am interested to see how shaksdkh does in the AL, he is a shit hitter.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bartolo Colon is 6-2 in his last 8 starts as a met. Can't rip him or talk shit about roids with mr fagot boy starting for u
lmfao of course I can, and it's why i took the shot in the first place. 38-49 looks good on your team.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
But CC was a buy for half a season, ashaksd is for a year and a half and for dirt ass cheap, which the A's need.

Hammel is dope as fuck IMO, I am butthurt as hell knowing we had no shot. In other news, our future 1st basemen broke his arm earlier this week and might be up in time for sept callups. Either way Bob and Doug Melvin are baseball gods and BB is their king. I am interested to see how shaksdkh does in the AL, he is a shit hitter.
True, Hammel is dope as fuck. That's the only reason why I give Beane credit for this trade. He got two decent pitchers. Not sure why samardzja is considered the prize in the trade though.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I really shouldn't question beane though. He probably did it right. Still say Samardzija is over rated, and the cubbies have the best farm/prospects in all of baseball. But, until then awful awful awful.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
True, Hammel is dope as fuck. That's the only reason why I give Beane credit for this trade. He got two decent pitchers. Not sure why samardzja is considered the prize in the trade though.
because he isnt getting paid over 8 mil next year. He is overrated, sure, but the true value is the length of team control over him.
I really shouldn't question beane though. He probably did it right. Still say Samardzija is over rated, and the cubbies have the best farm/prospects in all of baseball. But, until then awful awful awful.
Yeah Iowa cubs have Manny Ram lmfao. Cubs have been smart, it's their fans that are just dogshit. I have too many garbage friends who refuse to drop 8$ to go see a game when they live in boystown (no crime) and it's within a mile walk to the stadium.

If i lived within walking distance to Miller Park i'd snag the $20 seats daily.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I read your team has some dank prospects as well. Our team doesnt have jack shit for another couple years, in which case we have 6'5 pitchers out the fucking ears, and that's about it.

Still have to say I called Scooter being dank as fuck 4 years back, I've got a few buddies who hated the shit out of him until about a month ago (surprise surprise) You gotta love our new Craig Counsell bat.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Even if the A's come out on the short end in the long run, they needed arms and are gearing up to win a world title dude. You are seriously lacking perspective or completely exagerrating with how awful you think this deal was. Our rotation has been beaten the hell up by injuries in a big time way. We now have the back end of our rotation super taken care of.

and I'm pretty sure the A's still have gobs of prospects around

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I would mark my fucking dick off if A's vs Brewers was the world series matchup.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
A's are gonna be there bro. Brewers could be like the Zack Ryder of the WS and put Oakland over

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
A's are gonna be there bro. Brewers could be like the Zack Ryder of the WS and put Oakland over
Bud Selig's got my teams back. You Billy Beane and the rest of California can do what your state cant provide, and job.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Brewers need more pitching. A's look like the AL favs though.
Yeah honestly I had really hoped we could have snagged asdkjasd from the Cubs but clearly they arent trading to their rivals, even though they are on pace to lose 100.

Right now honestly we have a couple AAA pitchers who could make big moves, my only real worry is that our bullpen gets too abused by August. Henderson hasnt even pitched a game to my knowledge this season, Krod has the 2nd or 3rd most innings, and we have to others in the top 10 in baseball. What we need is a really strong relief arm, someone who can go 2 innings once or twice weekly.

I just hope we ship out Weeks and his error throwing arm to an AL team so Scooter can play daily, and we can get biance (cant remember how to spell his name) back on our MLB roster. Fuck Weeks, I don't give a fuck about hitting .300 when you cant be trusted to throw a ball less than 60 feet.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah honestly I had really hoped we could have snagged asdkjasd from the Cubs but clearly they arent trading to their rivals, even though they are on pace to lose 100.

Right now honestly we have a couple AAA pitchers who could make big moves, my only real worry is that our bullpen gets too abused by August. Henderson hasnt even pitched a game to my knowledge this season, Krod has the 2nd or 3rd most innings, and we have to others in the top 10 in baseball. What we need is a really strong relief arm, someone who can go 2 innings once or twice weekly.

I just hope we ship out Weeks and his error throwing arm to an AL team so Scooter can play daily, and we can get biance (cant remember how to spell his name) back on our MLB roster. Fuck Weeks, I don't give a fuck about hitting .300 when you cant be trusted to throw a ball less than 60 feet.
Or hit righties.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Or hit righties.
Hopefully the Mariners or Royals give us something good, they love our rejects.

Honestly I can't wait for next year to end, we are going to have a solid 40+ Mil opened up to spend, plus the fact we sell out nearly every game at home helps. When we had CC it was taken as a necessity, that we wouldnt be in contention, but with the moves Melvin has made we really should be strong for years to come.

Same with your team, and I expect the cubbies to be something to fear by 2016, as they will have next to nothing for cost of their dank prospects and over 100 mil in payroll available. NL Central is the shit brah, NL East is dope too but we've got some serious contenders.