Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
When I voted Haza mostly and she immediately followed. I don't like the justification of Pendex being 'low activity' so let's solve them. Especially because the one game I played they at least did their fare share and weren't totally absent from the thread

Not really any thoughts at the moment, but I do like the way they are defending themselves. Feels towny to me
Why does it feel towny lol

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I dislike the manner in which TFW is defending Pendex/trying to bring attention on to me, but if they were scum mates he's making it a bit obvious.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Also, yea, I've been wrong on Sky before but I'm pushing what pings me.

If I get too caught up on who I've been right or wrong on before I might as well not push anybody :heston

Reactions: Poyser

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Also, yea, I've been wrong on Sky before but I'm pushing what pings me.

If I get too caught up on who I've been right or wrong on before I might as well not push anybody :heston
I don’t mind this, like I said I’m not sure it was scummy but it’s interesting. Obviously one to come back to if pandex flips scum. It just seemed kinda aggressive which I don’t really expect from you

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Why does it feel towny lol

Vibe mostly, and then the fact I didn't like the manner in which Jonny and Sky followed you. So me not finding them both very kosher leads me to that conclusion as well

Pendex

Reaction score
Nah. You played with it the entire game last time despite people asking you to drop it and even assuming it was a PR.
Yes, exactly what I said:
I've played one game with the gimmick.
You continued it in the signup thread (pretty sure you posted more than once in the sign up thread btw) and again were asked to drop it.
I posted 7 times:
#1 - this drops most of the gimmick, because the only thing that remains is the post being centered and italicised. This is the extent to which the gimmick is repeated.
#2 - See #1.
#3 - See #1.
#4 - See #1.
#5 - The gimmick has almost /completely/ changed.
#6 - See #5.
#7 - The gimmick is not followed at all.

I was asked to drop it once in the sign up thread, by the way. And in response to that post, I acknowledged that there was a chance I would indeed drop it. Hence why it being dropped should be entirely unsurprising.
Neither of these times did you drop it, yet when you start playing this game you immediately drop it. Why would the typical conclusion be that it’s NAI? That doesn’t make any sense at all.
Well no, it being NAI makes complete sense. It's a posting gimmick. It's not informed by my alignment whatsoever unless my role specifically tells me to follow it. Which, as we saw last game, it did not. The typical conclusion would be that whether I use the gimmick or not depends on how I intend to engage with the game - my current time schedule, my eagerness to play and so on. All of these are behaviours that are mostly uninfluenced by my alignment. Seeing stark differences in play as alignment can indicate a tell between town or scum, but that's usually within the content of the posts themselves, or even the volume of them. Whether or not the posts are formatted in a specific way is such a ridiculous measure to use when establishing tells that it baffles me you even need to ask this question - and even more so when the established tell is from one game. If I were scum in the previous game, using that posting gimmick, and then posting normally here, would you conclude that I was town? Of course not. That'd be silly.
Of course people are going to want to look into that and it’s a bizarre statement to try and deny that fact or paint it as scummy. The typical conclusion would be that you’re scum who is worried about being lynched due to your gimmick as you’ve already drawn ire over it and decided to try and play properly and “contribute” instead
If I were concerned about being lynched over it, then I probably wouldn't have used it to begin with.

and then you vote me for dipping despite me being gone for 10 minutes lmao. You’d have to be really dense to not be able to see why I’d find you scummy here
Strawman Fallacy. I voted you because your behaviour suggested that you wanted to be seen as conducive to conversation, without really being conducive to conversation. I established this by pointing out how you would have been better served in this aim, and that you not doing so (including the "dipping") is where the scum read comes from. It's not "Poyser is scum because he stopped posting for 10 minutes", which is what you're attempting to characterise it as.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I don’t mind this, like I said I’m not sure it was scummy but it’s interesting. Obviously one to come back to if pandex flips scum. It just seemed kinda aggressive which I don’t really expect from you

I'm not too sure what you expect out of me these days, I just go with what I feel. I was pretty aggressive on Junk and I've had plenty of town games of pushing something I believed in lately, I don't really think it's too surprising anymore

Pendex

Reaction score
Just going off your posts in other games you posted, everything seems much more casual.
You've read all those other games already? Consider me impressed. If you had read the Chimera Ant Arc Mafia game, you would have noticed a user refer to me as "robotic" several times. Because I have a tendency of appearing very uncasual in Mafia.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I was asked to drop it once in the sign up thread, by the way. And in response to that post, I acknowledged that there was a chance I would indeed drop it. Hence why it being dropped should be entirely unsurprising.
The real question is: why drop it now and not then?

Pendex

Reaction score
erm I’m saying YOU ignored it as in YOU ignored it when trying to paint me as scummy and clearly didn’t take it into consideration at all. Why would your first thought here that I was saying you didn’t quote the context??? Seems like someone that’s more concerned with how they look than anything else to me.
I was demonstrating that the context was irrelevant (more than demonstrating actually, I explcitly said it), and that the argument I was trying to deny context didn't really stand up given that anyone could check that for themselves if their only window into the discussion was that single post.
Yes, but I struggle with pure shite
Then I'm confused. Because my post was clearly written and legible, so if I don't need to simplify my language, then all I have left is you responding to my post by not responding to it. So I'll ask another way. Would you like me to make it simpler for you? It'll probably be more verbose, but well we can't have it all ways.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
If I were concerned about being lynched over it, then I probably wouldn't have used it to begin with.
The last game where you used it, you were town… I’m saying as scum you decided you were concerned about being lynched. There’s a pretty clear difference between the mindset, and the point I was making was very obvious that this defence is utter trash

as for the straw man, I’m not gonna bother. I’m literally replying to your words, so it’s not a straw man lmao. Your post said you were voting me for making that post and dipping the thread. Legit. Your defence is garbage

Reactions: Junkette

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
The answer to that is because they want to seem more believable and think this is the best way to go about it. But it's having the exact opposite effect. It would make more sense to keep the gimmick up.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I was demonstrating that the context was irrelevant (more than demonstrating actually, I explcitly said it), and that the argument I was trying to deny context didn't really stand up given that anyone could check that for themselves if their only window into the discussion was that single post.
Then I'm confused. Because my post was clearly written and legible, so if I don't need to simplify my language, then all I have left is you responding to my post by not responding to it. So I'll ask another way. Would you like me to make it simpler for you? It'll probably be more verbose, but well we can't have it all ways.
It’s pure shite because you’re accusing me of not wanting to engage and replying indirectly event though I quoted your posts and replied lmao

Pendex

Reaction score
I did. In the game I played, the posting gimmick had me quote "Book" or "Word" of a Demon from the Ars Goetia or an Arcangel from the Bible, followed by Chapter, followed by Verse, then followed by the post formatting. The gimmick in the sign up thread contained only the post formatting. As for why I dropped even that? I simply felt like it. It was a whim that caused me to post in that gimmick, and it was a whim that caused me to drop it.

Pendex

Reaction score
It’s pure shite because you’re accusing me of not wanting to engage and replying indirectly event though I quoted your posts and replied lmao
You replied in that you said "no this is shite lol" and then didn't actually respond. If I've missed any, well I'm going back through the thread and will be responding to them in due course.