Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Hoho, interesting. Let me break down each of these:
In that very sign up thread, I was asked by Sky to cut the gimmick posting. Frankly, the argument here is asinine. Gimmick posting may be an annoyance, but it's NAI enough (given that I did it is as Town in my previous game here) that it would be a tough lynch to push by itself. The idea that as scum I would change it out of fear of... what, exactly(?), does not hold water. My dropping the gimmick has everything to do with how I intend to approach this game, and nothing to do with my alignment.
Low activity? The game only began a handful of hours ago. In my previous game, yes I was low activity. In the Hololive game you and I played on WorstGen, I was also low activity. I could provide several links to games in recent months to demonstrate that my activity is /generally/ on the upper boundaries. By all means, if you'd like me to qualify this claim, I will do so. And if you're not interested in me evidencing this, then you're not genuinely concerned about my activity levels.

Dipping as in moving away from the thread. Poyser dropped in with a vague "not fluff" vote, which meant there was reasonng behind it. It was a vapid contribution because there seemed to be content to derive from it, but there was none. Poyser then came back and said "it's my gut", which, great. Where does this gut feeling come from? Which posts in particular are stimulating this? And the rest of this post is nonsense. I've been accused of dropping the gimmick (which I have) - why are you reading my slot based on my gimmick not following the gimmick close enough logically?
Even here out of gimmick, your wording and vocabulary seems incredibly (overly) sophisticated and logical. The use of the word "dipping" from you just seems weird.
The way you write also just seems like someone trying way too hard to sound really smart and really believable. But benefit of the doubt though for now, and with it being early in the game

Unvote Pendex

Pendex

Reaction score
Sure, show me a high activity game of yours.
I'll show you several - my username on all is "Ratchet":
Game 1 - Link - Died Day 4, 825 posts total (about 5 or so from post game).
Game 2 - Link - Won Day 4, was removed from the game for a cycle. 314 posts, about 280-ish before post game.
Game 3 - Link - Killed Night 3, 231 posts. 228 or so before post game.
Game 4 - Link - Subbed in Day 4, which was skipped, Killed Night 7. 480 posts, 460-ish before post game.

These are all recent games, within the last 2 months.
Even here out of gimmick, your wording and vocabulary seems incredibly (overly) sophisticated and logical. The use of the word "dipping" from you just seems weird.
The way you write also just seems like someone trying way too hard to sound really smart and really believable. But benefit of the doubt though for now, and with it being early in the game

Unvote Pendex
Be that as it may, this is how I write. You can make whatever determinations you please about my ego or what I'm trying to present myself as, but what you haven't illustrated here is "scummy". You retracting your vote isn't much better - if your purpose was pressure, surely that can't be all it amounts towards?

Pendex

Reaction score
(2) I've not seen them be high activity from the times I've seen them play, so I'd say my assessment was valid.
You have seen me play twice, and you made this assessment from one game, that you didn't play in, because you didn't know which name I used in the WorstGen game prior to my last post. It's a pretty silly standard to hold. I'll grant you that on some level it's ultimately my own fault, but it's not like I was a hard inactive in my prior game here either. I was just on the boundary of activity. So it's not like you'd seen me be so inactive that you would otherwise be unable to read me at all. And please, "solve" in this context was used to rationalise the vote, which would in turn mean solve was intended to be done via the lynch. I assume it was mostly pressure, but that's exactly why I'm responding too - if the goal is to get discussion rolling, then let us discuss this.

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
^ Really not a fan of this at all. Feels too quick to follow Poyser for me, and it's reminding me of how she played in WS Mafia.
This might be a tad suicidal but it's also quite different from her reaction towards Poysers vote on me.

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score

Unvote Pendex
I liked this post up to the conclusion and now hate it

vote Jonny

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
^ Really not a fan of this at all. Feels too quick to follow Poyser for me, and it's reminding me of how she played in WS Mafia.
In what way does it remind you of that?

also, do you have any thoughts on pandex themself?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I don't think it was scummy, it felt misguided to me. You're not a player I'd associate with dipping the thread

I also am not really feeling the whole 'playing serious' red flag thing
Dude even if I was the kind to dip, there was 10 minutes between my post and theirs lol

• Haha
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Hoho, interesting. Let me break down each of these:
In that very sign up thread, I was asked by Sky to cut the gimmick posting. Frankly, the argument here is asinine. Gimmick posting may be an annoyance, but it's NAI enough (given that I did it is as Town in my previous game here) that it would be a tough lynch to push by itself. The idea that as scum I would change it out of fear of... what, exactly(?), does not hold water. My dropping the gimmick has everything to do with how I intend to approach this game, and nothing to do with my alignment.
Low activity? The game only began a handful of hours ago. In my previous game, yes I was low activity. In the Hololive game you and I played on WorstGen, I was also low activity. I could provide several links to games in recent months to demonstrate that my activity is /generally/ on the upper boundaries. By all means, if you'd like me to qualify this claim, I will do so. And if you're not interested in me evidencing this, then you're not genuinely concerned about my activity levels.

Dipping as in moving away from the thread. Poyser dropped in with a vague "not fluff" vote, which meant there was reasonng behind it. It was a vapid contribution because there seemed to be content to derive from it, but there was none. Poyser then came back and said "it's my gut", which, great. Where does this gut feeling come from? Which posts in particular are stimulating this? And the rest of this post is nonsense. I've been accused of dropping the gimmick (which I have) - why are you reading my slot based on my gimmick not following the gimmick close enough logically?
But you’ve been asked countless times to drop the gimmick, so why now?

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge

vote Jonny
Because I unvoted Pendex? It's early in the game and I was pressuring to see if there would be some sort of crack to lean them more towards scum. And if you're so concerned with having a vote be on them, why didn't you have one on them?

Last edited:

Pendex

Reaction score
This might be a tad suicidal but it's also quite different from her reaction towards Poysers vote on me.
Suicidal? In what sense?
---
I think of the three voters here though, Poyser still looks the worst. Firstly, he attempted to use a town-clearing term (he misused it, though).
is that too bad to be scum? Was fucking awful lmao
The correct term is "too scummy to be scum", and is derived from the idea that scum are too careful to fall for the most glaringly obvious scum tells, and so any player falling for them is probably just town. It's a very silly notion, because they're scum tells for a reason, but that's not really the point here. To establish that this is the case, Poyser must demonstrate that my vote was scummy. He took issue with the wording, but that's not really the point. The argument I raised against Poyser is that he dropped a vote, and then worded it in a way that appears to try and encourage discussion around the vote:
Fwiw my vote on tweet wasn’t random
And then... nothing. Until I vote for him.
It’s obviously gut at this early stage. You feel off/awkward!
And yet it's more nothing. "Off/awkward" is a pretty meaningless accusation by itself, simply because there are no posts keyed to this accusation by Poyser. If the goal was to encourage discussion, then highlighting these posts in or around the original vote would have more sense, because that gives some actual substance to get stuck into. At the very least, when he comes to clarify the intent behind the vote, he could point to which posts give this feel. I mean, why not? Then we can see if we agree or disagree, and Tweet can either defend it or concede it. Poyser playing it the way he did merely gave the appearance of substance, and his reaction to being voted for certainly doesn't make me feel any better about his alignment. Over to you, Poyser.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
And yet it's more nothing. "Off/awkward" is a pretty meaningless accusation by itself, simply because there are no posts keyed to this accusation by Poyser. If the goal was to encourage discussion, then highlighting these posts in or around the original vote would have more sense, because that gives some actual substance to get stuck into. At the very least, when he comes to clarify the intent behind the vote, he could point to which posts give this feel. I mean, why not? Then we can see if we agree or disagree, and Tweet can either defend it or concede it. Poyser playing it the way he did merely gave the appearance of substance, and his reaction to being voted for certainly doesn't make me feel any better about his alignment. Over to you, Poyser.
For what it's worth, "not a fan of their play", "feels off" and "awkward" are complete meme reads in this section and what Poyser said was clearly not serious.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score

vote Jonny
Yeah agreed lol, the unvote was super weak there

also not really been a fan of Pandex’s defence at all. Way too much focus on trying to dismiss it all as “nonsense” and zero focus on trying to read the people pushing the “nonsense”

more votes imo

TFWs reaction has also been fairly interesting. Not sure it’s scummy but I feel like he’s going in on sky way too aggressively for someone that’s read her wrongly a few times recently and well aware of the fact that sky often doesn’t really make good points as town (he called her point weak which is… yeah). I’m not massively a fan of people applying general logic to people they know full well it doesn’t apply to

Reactions: CraigPelton

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Because I unvoted Pendex? It's early in the game and I was pressuring to see if there would be some sort of crack to lean them more towards scum. And if you're so concerned with having a vote be on them, why didn't you have one on them?
Ok so you voted to see if there was some sort of crack to lean them more towards scum… in your post you seem to be saying that’s exactly what happened, but you unvoted?? How does that make sense

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Yeah agreed lol, the unvote was super weak there

also not really been a fan of Pandex’s defence at all. Way too much focus on trying to dismiss it all as “nonsense” and zero focus on trying to read the people pushing the “nonsense”

more votes imo

TFWs reaction has also been fairly interesting. Not sure it’s scummy but I feel like he’s going in on sky way too aggressively for someone that’s read her wrongly a few times recently and well aware of the fact that sky often doesn’t really make good points as town (he called her point weak which is… yeah). I’m not massively a fan of people applying general logic to people they know full well it doesn’t apply to
Yeah I remember going for Sky last time and I read her completely wrong lol.
And the vote/unvote thing is definitely something I did last game for the exact same reason, btw.

Pendex

Reaction score
But you’ve been asked countless times to drop the gimmick, so why now?
Countless? I've played one game with the gimmick. And made one post in the sign up thread, and one post in the discussion thread, that followed parts of the gimmick. It's not like this has been a long-standing tradition. Frankly, I'd be more surprised to see gimmick posting continue beyond a single game than to expect it to be maintained, especially when the majority of the gimmick was dropped.

The typical conclusion to me dropping it would be that I intend to play this game, not more seriously per se, but more in line with how I usually play. That's about as NAI as it gets, so your conclusion that it is because I rolled scum is... really quite bizarre to me, actually, given that it would actually be pretty useful as scum, as has been pointed out in this thread. Moreover, it demonstrates a lack of willingness to actually try to figure out my slot - pointing to surface level differences between my previous game as Town and this one and saying it is because of an alignment change isn't exactly an ideal way to resolve my slot.