Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Unvote
Vote Pendex

Sure, I'm down with this. Low activity player as well so would benefit from being solved early

^ Really not a fan of this at all. Feels too quick to follow Poyser for me, and it's reminding me of how she played in WS Mafia.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm gonna' give Junk a slight town lean for her early posts and softing, it's a bit naive but :draper2

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I really wasn't pinged by that Pendex post but I would not really vote Poyser for dipping, not his style

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I feel like I’ve played with pandex before but don’t remember anything about them lolol

is that too bad to be scum? Was fucking awful lmao

I don't think it was scummy, it felt misguided to me. You're not a player I'd associate with dipping the thread

I also am not really feeling the whole 'playing serious' red flag thing

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
^ Really not a fan of this at all. Feels too quick to follow Poyser for me, and it's reminding me of how she played in WS Mafia.
Just trying to kickstart the game with some info and interactions. Apparently that's scummy? Should have learned from Trailer Park Boys

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@Chris seems a bit too late for brunch, what are you really doing there? :hmm

I do think Poyser coming straight in with a vote on a guy with a vote already on him is an interesting coincidence (even if it's probably just that)

These posts feel like she's reading too much in to early game stuff and trying to find something that isn't there and forcing it

Yea, not really a fan of anything I've seen thus far

Reactions: CraigPelton

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
These posts feel like she's reading too much in to early game stuff and trying to find something that isn't there and forcing it

Yea, not really a fan of anything I've seen thus far
Seriously overhyping both those points. One was a fluff phase post and the other was just me pointing something out I noticed. Huge red flag for TFW right here

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just trying to kickstart the game with some info and interactions. Apparently that's scummy? Should have learned from Trailer Park Boys

I didn't play in that game, just lurk read on occasion

I don't think moving the game along is scummy, not at all, just don't like the reason for you wanting to lynch Pendex for being 'low activity player' felt really weak

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I didn't play in that game, just lurk read on occasion

I don't think moving the game along is scummy, not at all, just don't like the reason for you wanting to lynch Pendex for being 'low activity player' felt really weak
Who said it was a vote for a lynch??

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Seriously overhyping both those points. One was a fluff phase post and the other was just me pointing something out I noticed. Huge red flag for TFW right here

Fair if that was a fluff post

Pendex

Reaction score
Their signup posts were gimmicked as well

so I’m gonna call their immediate playing in a serious manner a red flag

vote pandex
Unvote
Vote Pendex

Sure, I'm down with this. Low activity player as well so would benefit from being solved early
Their use of the word dipping does seem weird. An A.I. (I assume) gimmick wouldn't logically use that word.

Vote Pendex
Hoho, interesting. Let me break down each of these:
Their signup posts were gimmicked as well

so I’m gonna call their immediate playing in a serious manner a red flag

vote pandex
In that very sign up thread, I was asked by Sky to cut the gimmick posting. Frankly, the argument here is asinine. Gimmick posting may be an annoyance, but it's NAI enough (given that I did it is as Town in my previous game here) that it would be a tough lynch to push by itself. The idea that as scum I would change it out of fear of... what, exactly(?), does not hold water. My dropping the gimmick has everything to do with how I intend to approach this game, and nothing to do with my alignment.
Unvote
Vote Pendex

Low activity? The game only began a handful of hours ago. In my previous game, yes I was low activity. In the Hololive game you and I played on WorstGen, I was also low activity. I could provide several links to games in recent months to demonstrate that my activity is /generally/ on the upper boundaries. By all means, if you'd like me to qualify this claim, I will do so. And if you're not interested in me evidencing this, then you're not genuinely concerned about my activity levels.
Their use of the word dipping does seem weird. An A.I. (I assume) gimmick wouldn't logically use that word.

Vote Pendex
Dipping as in moving away from the thread. Poyser dropped in with a vague "not fluff" vote, which meant there was reasonng behind it. It was a vapid contribution because there seemed to be content to derive from it, but there was none. Poyser then came back and said "it's my gut", which, great. Where does this gut feeling come from? Which posts in particular are stimulating this? And the rest of this post is nonsense. I've been accused of dropping the gimmick (which I have) - why are you reading my slot based on my gimmick not following the gimmick close enough logically?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
would benefit from being solved early

It's the way you phrased it and them being solved early. I also think passing them off as a low activity player already is not really giving them a chance to get in to it.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Low activity? The game only began a handful of hours ago. In my previous game, yes I was low activity. In the Hololive game you and I played on WorstGen, I was also low activity. I could provide several links to games in recent months to demonstrate that my activity is /generally/ on the upper boundaries. By all means, if you'd like me to qualify this claim, I will do so. And if you're not interested in me evidencing this, then you're not genuinely concerned about my activity levels.
Sure, show me a high activity game of yours.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
would benefit from being solved early

It's the way you phrased it and them being solved early. I also think passing them off as a low activity player already is not really giving them a chance to get in to it.
(1) Solving != lynch. Maybe they claim and play towny enough the rest of the day to get into my town core. Maybe it takes an investigative result.

(2) I've not seen them be high activity from the times I've seen them play, so I'd say my assessment was valid.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Not really played with Pendex except for maybe one game, but nothing I've seen from that slot thus far is worth pushing over in my view. I'll let the thread breathe as I want to let more people get up in this